Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-21, 10:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Ladies- Late start for me today!

Filled out about 4-5 applications before I popped in here. Coffee gone. Had a big time storm last night and it is cool and cloudy. Suppose to clear up later this afternoon.

Trig- You cracked me up with the dogger in the chair!!! HAHAHAHA- now kiddo wants one too! Too funny. Glad however it will work well for ya.

Yup and yup on good weight loss goals. You know slow and stable keeps those pounds off for good! I tell ya think about how fast this year has gone. Add another 20 down for ya and you will be good to go!!! Add me to list of weight lost- 40 for me!

NIC- I will check out that website! Always looking for new recipes!

So cool on visiting Rehoboth. I wonder if you visited the same thrift store I went to. I needed a casserole dish while I was there. It was a pretty clean and neat little place that was sponsored by the hospital.

Did you visit any of the Tanger stores?
Crab spot for crab cakes? So very cool.
I lived right behind the restaurant in those luxury condos!

Sounds like you have a very cozy day on tap! Love how you are finding a place you can relax in! Is hubby still there?

Lori- Ya, the situation with Sis is not ideal at all. sighhhhhh But I tell ya best to stay out of it. I speak from personal experience that to interfere backfires. My mom allows her husband to toady control her. I tried to intervene and it went very south!!!!

So as much as we hate what is going on, people have a right to self determination for themselves and how they are choosing to live. You and I would not put up with that crap for a second. However we are very strong women. Most women are not like out little group here. We are unusual.
Add that to the fact your list is older and that generation of women was used to being TOLD what to do. They put up and shut up.

Thank goodness times have changed! But it is what it is. Sad.

I am hopeful the good doctor will make a fair market offer. I am on pins and needles too for Betty. I want the right situation for her. Keep us posted!
---------------------------------------
Knee is really bothering me today. Maybe the rain and cold is making it hurt. I wonder if this is what I have to look forward to going forward? URGHHHHHHHHHH

Well- I am certainly in a bounce house situation and need to re-evaulate my meals. What can I tighten up?

I am going to check out the carb counter on something pal...... I will find it.

I am puttering today. Don't feel like getting out in the cold. Low 50's and windy and damp.
Pup wants a walk. Wish I had a back yard- just open the frekin door!

Need to finally order my Amazon stuff and get that done. I was waiting to see if my DD wanted a flat bottom or curved bottom wok. She was too busy to respond so I will get a flat bottom stainless steel and call it a day! So over Christmas!

I need to make an appointment for Rugar to get his nails cut. Petsmart couldn't do it. He was too squirmy. I might order a grinder too.

Lots of little things that add up to a full day!
Off to walk the pooch.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-21, 14:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Jaz, good for you, getting applications in. You gotta prioritize that because the New Year will be here before you know it.

Trig- Super cute pic of Bolt! That is a perfectly sized chair for be-bopping around with your Mom.

You are very right on what you said. I do need to tighten it up. Big time. I hear ya. Honestly it'll probably be January before I really hit it hard.

Lori- You are so good on working out on the regular. Go girl!

••••••

All is well here. The dogs are doing well with their training that Mama doesn't like to get up before 7:15 or so. By the time I get up, get dressed and ready, we walk, I come back and feed them, it's close to 8:20 before I get my coffee going. We like our little routine here though.

I played pickleball today. Not a ton, but I pulled up my brave girl pants and played with the varsity. Not my favorite but that is my issue and not theirs. They are nothing but nice. I just like to play around more, joke around etc. Three games, won one and lost two.

Another walk for the dogs and I'm headed to the shower. I am going to a Christmas Village out in Rehoboth tonight. I'm going to layer up because I am going to freeze my fanny off! I'm glad I reserved a spot when I did (free but reservations required) because it's all sold out until after Xmas now.

Trying to figure out what to do with the dogs feeding wise. It will be way on the early side to feed them beforehand but way on the late side if I don't. I'll probably just feed them early.

Ok, I gotta go shower. Whoo hoo. lol
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-21, 06:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco the Christmas Village sounds wonderful. I miss taking my kiddo to the light shows when she was smaller. So pretty. Now I mentioned the lights at Daniel Stow Botanical Garden this year and she said NAH. Not interested and I am thinking, well I AM...lol...but with mom coming on the 20th and all I will just pass it by this year. But it is nice to have christmasy stuff during this time. Cool

Yea, Jan is my 'go for a few goals' time. Just for you, OPT for watching what ya eat. In other words, don't gain up more, just maintain ya know. See for me which I don't think you have this issue, I eat those carbs I want a ton more and could put on 30 lbs back in a flash. I am that sad on it. But if you just maintain then come Jan your mind is over the holidays and all and not as busy and you can focus.

Your dog walking and pickleball and life in DE is coming into a very nice routine for you!! I know you are loving your life right now

Lori....ahhh, you got a transport chair like that for Betty...Cool. I am glad she does good in it, I hope mom takes to this chair too, I think she will cause she is vibrant enough to get out and about a bit but that walking----she gets wobbly and no power left for walking stores so I hope this chair works great for us Glad to get a review on it from Betty liking it LOL

I am glad you got a new year goal too!! Core balance and all is a great way to help your body. 10 lbs weights!!!! wow. I can barely handle my 3 lb weights per arm You rock it out Lori!

Oh for your Sis!! So even weekends they want her to watch dogs during the day.....your Sis must must must have the patience of a saint and be very kind! Only a truly kind person would put up wtih all that invasion in their life

Jaz, glad you got some resumes out there. Be interesting to see what ya find.

So over Xmas. Right there with ya on that one. I haven't bought hardly anything at all. Kid wants a bookcase for her room. Next Sat. we are driving up to the furniture row of stores and hubby taking off his Sat. work and we will eat lunch out and hit some furn. stores and see if she finds anything to 'fit into that space' where she wants a bookcase. Shoot me for heaven's sake. Other than that she wants nothing. So.....yea we will go bookcase hunting

Sorry on your knee! Just baby yourself thru it all best ya can!

Winter is getting me down too. I am such a hot weather person. This cold tends to shut me down. Don't wanna go out in the cold to do anything....summer you can't keep me inside, winter cold....yikes

----------------Yea in Jan I am going for weight loss but very slow. I am giving me a year to hit my goals I want. Should be easy, yea right HA

today is NY Strip steak and burgers

simple. super simple is key for me and I must keep it right there

all good.....haircut at 9:30 and then home to get some ducks in a row
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-21, 07:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

This cold weather is shutting me down too Trig! I just want to crawl into a hole until it warms up! The other night I said to DH, "I can't wait until it's too hot to sleep at night!" Our bedroom is usually in the mid 50's overnight.....feels good once you're under the blankets, but getting in is shocking.

Today will be spent catching up on laundry and just puttering around the house. What fun! We didn't get subs last night for dinner, so that will probably be what we have tonight. DH had chili again last night, so that was an easy dinner.

I haven't eaten anything yet this morning, but I feel like once I start it's going to be "one of those days" where I just want to keep going from one thing to another. I'm blaming the cold weather for it.

---------

Nic.....How was the Rehoboth Christmas village? Hope it was a nice evening. We used to go to Rehoboth every summer with the family. It was always a fun time.

Trig.....It's nice that DD knows what she wants for Xmas and a bookcase sounds like a very useful item.

Jaz.....Hope something comes of the applications you put in. Have you been spending much time with your beach friends? I'm picturing wine on the patio or poolside every evening!

Happy Friday!
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-21, 08:12

BF:

TGIF ladies!!!!!!!

NIC- Your Christmas Village sounds really fun! I am going have to make it down to the "village" here too. I know they have a tree and it is all lit up. I am just not braving the cold when the sun goes down!

I love you have those pups trained to let you sleep. BTW- I take my coffee WITH ME on my morning doggie walk. Bag and leash in one hand- coffee in the other!
HAHAHAHAH-

I agree with TRIG- Just maintain at this point. Hit it hard in Jan.
Did you end up putting up a tree there?

Trig- - Girl I can WALK PAST a bakery and gain 30 pounds by osmosis!!!!!! Seriously. I gained back 70 pounds / 100 lost over night! Actually it was 2 months. It really takes work EVERY DAY for those of us that are carb sensitive.

Glad you got a cute lightweight chair for mom. I love the red! The pic was too cute!

I love the idea of a book case for the kiddo. Everyone should have a bookcase! She will take it to collage and beyond! My kids still have their furniture I got them from high school. I went to a place called Oak Express. Got them high end furniture- all wood no press board. Lasts forever!

Lori- Cold and gloomy weather brings out the winter hibernation mode in us! Chili is a good way to go. Not to carby- and filling! Love me some good chili!

So yes we neighbors do "happy hour" a few times a week over on Mikey's patio. He has it all decked out with tons of tables and twinkle lights and chairs and always has the music flowing. He is out every day. People drop in- stay for a glass of wine or bring their own and chat a few and go. He lives for this time of year. He has the corner patio and it's decorated very nicely! Someone is always there. I go a couple times if the ladies are there!

It is nice being in a place that truly if I needed something I know I could get assistance! That goes both ways. I would gladly help my neighbors. They are friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today: cloudy and cool. Good day to continue the job hunt and get some writing done. I do need to do a FAST run to grocery and pick up a rotisserie chicken and a bag of kale salad and call it a day. Not feeling like cooking.

Harris Teeter does a really nice size Chicken and it truly is the best I have tried! I can eat on it 2-3 meals for 4.99 when on sale! Last time I ended up tossing some it was so much!

Christmas gifting bought and done! - now I wait for the packages. I guess I should get wrapping paper. DOLLAR store!

That is about it from here. Island time today.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-21, 10:35

BF:

darn Jazz your chicken rotiss. is still 4.99? hell around here our rotiss. chickens are hitting into that 7.99 price range now. They are increasing point blank so enjoy that lower cost as they were before they scare ya on that next purchase!! But darn they are great and convienent for sure. I love the leftover rotiss. chicken with mayo as just a great chicken salad to chow down on....when I have no call for tuna that is a great change!

OMG Mikey's patio is the local nightclub for ya'll----truly a great guy to be 'open for all' thru this days. I like that!

I LOVE THAT!

So nice you feel so happy in that place and area Girl you are home it seems!!
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-21, 13:26

BF:

Trig- I am telling ya- EVERYONE knows Mikey and his wife in this complex. Mikey also has beer and wine for anyone and sometimes a snack (pretzels) and he just "lives for the nightly drop in's. People are pretty good about not staying day after day and all night.
Alot of people BYOB as well and just sit and shoot the breeze with the neighbors. Pop in and hang for a glass and pop out.
It is really nice actually. I tell ya first thing he did when he got here was put up his lights and decorated his bushes with Christmas bulbs. He is late 70's and it's "thing". For an old guy he sure can party!
Covid though cured him of smoking. He ended up in ICU and said they were calling in family. He said "Hell I thought I was a GONER!"
that was 4 months ago. He seems a bit weaker, but he will be alright in a few months of sunshine and his friends here!

Sun came out!!!!!!!!! Beautiful here! Hard to believe it's Dec. Feels Spring like. Feb is Spring here.
We are all still in shorts and tee's. Just the way I LOVE it!!!!! I sure could not live without sunshine. Supposed to hit 75 tomorrow! YES PLEASE

Yup and yup on Rotisserie chicken 4.99. It's their ticket to get people in the door "special". Works for me. I went to JUST get chicken and ended up with a trunk full of groceries! HAHAHAHAHA

Made a couple bucks on a quick TESLA flip and now need to do a bit of writing. Work today and tomorrow I am doing nothing "work" related". I will hit up beach and pool, and happy hour.

Ok- hope your day is going good!
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-21, 06:11

BF:

Good Morning!

A rainy and warm morning......in December? Weird. I'm happy to just stay in the house all day. No worries. I took a day off exercise yesterday, so I HAVE to get it done today. I spent most of the day yesterday watching YouTube videos after I got my laundry done. Such an exciting life I lead.

Well, I just had to order a small ottoman for beside our bed so Gabby has an easier time jumping up. She barely makes it these days. Yes, it has come to this. It is just a little foot square "box", but it will make a big difference to her. Now how many times will I stub my toe on the damn thing?

Hope you all have a more exciting day than me. To tell the truth, I'm happy to be snug & warm in my home as long as I have internet.....!

Have a good one!
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-21, 07:51

BF:

Good Saturday Morning! VACAY day for me!

Lori- I had to get ottomen beside my bed as well for Bella. Rugar loves it too. I pushed it up beside the window so he could look out while I was working!

I love a great putter day if it's raining out! Prop up your feet!!!!!

Any news with the house? BTW- Chili today or tomorrow, you got me wanting some!

Nic- Whats on tap today?

Trig- Updates!
-----------------------------------------

It's been a busy week. I think I have put out 10 applications and got another chapter under the belt! So........ I am taking today as my day of vacay! It's going to be STELLAR! Mid 70's and pure GA sunshine!
It's supposed to be the nicest day all week.

I will start out at the Village Christmas Art show down by the pier. then I will come back and pick up the pup and hit the beach for our walk!
My Amazon stuff came at 8:30 this morning! So I will pick up some wrapping paper and get that out of the way!

Then I will end up at the pool for some sun. I am losing my "tan" I am sure I will end up with a little rum drink durning happy hour and finish off the day with a walk and a movie. Perfect day on tap!

back later!
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-21, 16:53

BF:

Hey Ladies!

I'm running behind on here. It has been a full couple of days here. My Pilot had a breakdown of sorts on my way to the Christmas Village so I had to turn around and come back. Waaah. It was sad to miss it. But, I did find a mechanic who took care of it on Friday, and then my neighbor took me to go get it. Outside of that, it has been a good couple of days, with some social stuff and time alone to do some crafting, reading etc. Dog walks, thrifting, a small craft show for some stocking stuffers. Tonight I'm going to my neighbors for a small gathering. I will try to be good!

I'll do personals tomorrow, just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive. It was a beautiful day today- 65 and rainy but then it cleared up.
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-21, 06:56

BF:

Good Morning!

My days are spent crawling out of a warm bed only to crawl under a warm blanket. I am SO tired of being cold! Be prepared for months of me b!tching about the weather.

DH brought home a big bag of apples yesterday as he thought it would be fun for us to make applesauce today. His idea of fun and mine are vastly different. It's not hard to make, but wasn't really in my plans, you know?

---------

Trig.....Hope all is well. Missed an update from you yesterday.

Jaz.....Hmph! Working on your tan! I'm not jealous or anything....really. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Nic.....Sorry about your car trouble, but glad you were able to get it fixed quickly. You know what they say "If it's got tires or testicles, it's going to give you trouble!" When are you heading back to MD?

----------
Tonight I'm going to make tenderloin steaks and quick saute some frozen cooked shrimp that I have thawing. Surf & turf!

Hope you all have a good Sunday!
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-21, 07:12

BF:

Good Sunday Morning. I woke up to a dark, warm and windy day. Very weird sky, it's warm. Very warm.

However, no bad weather on tap- just dark clouds. I feel so bad for all those in KY that lost everything. I just watched the governor on TV. He said that all the building are gone, banks, pharmacies, homes, businesses. Just gone. It is heart wrenching to watch. I can't fathom being in it or not hearing from a loved one and not know............. Hoping for the best there.

NIC- So happy to hear you are settling in and meeting people and still have a balance of you time! Hate to hear of car trouble though. Glad you got it fixed up in no time. I get rattled with car issues. I do not deal well with BROKEN. You put a key in it needs to TURN ON!
Same with remotes and TV's, Electronics in general. I could NEVER be an IT person.

So how long are you staying? Hubby still there?

Lori- is it still rainy there? I am making Chili today! Dark and Sunday afternoon screams FEED ME CHILI! Add some football good to go! I don't actually WATCH most games. I just like having them on in the background. Sorta soothing.

Any house news? What up today?

Just saw your post! We cross posted again. Back to say I think it's funny hubby Bringing apples. Urghhhhhhhhhh I think it smells good. But my solution is buy a candle!
Gosh I can't handle cold. Cold to me is ANYTHING below 60. - Yes- I did work on my "tan". Got some rays in my swim suit!!!! There were about 8 people at the pool yesterday. T he ladies were out!

Trig- - So is mom there for awhile? Did you say you are doing 3 week chunks with your other brother? That might work for a bit.

How did furniture shopping go? Hoping the book case comes assembled. Hubby can pop in in the back of the truck and away you roll!

Is it warm and dark clouds there too?
------------------------------------------------------------------
No desire to get out except walk the pup. I was outside all day yesterday.
I hit up the beach, pool, patio, pier, and was walking most of the day. It was fun, but I was also hitting the bed by 9:30. I was out like a light!

Today I will make some food for the next few days. Chili, taco meat, and bake up some fish and a huge kale salad I can munch on for a few days.

Scales are trending down again and that is all I am going to say about it- until I stop bouncing.

Going to follow up on those applications- see if there is anything new. I will write a bit, and wrap a few gifts that came yesterday for the kids. So that will pretty much be a low key day.

be good kids!
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-21, 09:08

BF:

Hi Everyone!

Jaz, it sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday! I'm so glad. After such a busy day, today will be a good day to cozy in and enjoy a home day!

Yay for the scale trending down! Keep going!

When do you head out for your holiday visits? Are you actually going to stay with your DD or just visit for the day, or ?

Lori- I have never heard that quote before.. that was really funny! You are a SCREAM!!

Any word from the Dr yet?

Hey Trig! How are things in your neck of the woods?

•••••••

Jaz, in answer to your questions: yah we put a tree up here in DE. It actually fits perfectly in the space- it is the one we used to put up in MD as our second tree. We have it decorated with blue and silver (stuff we had already) for kind of a coastal color theme. Works well and it was stuff we already had, so win-win!

My DH isn't here- he went back to MD last Monday morning, early. I've been here for week solo. But plenty of interaction and stuff. That being said, I am ready to go home and be with him for a while. This has been the longest we have been apart and it is wearing thin. We are going to have to figure out how he can work his schedule to be in DE more. I know he can (and will) but this month was just so busy for him.

The gathering at my neighbor's house was good fun yesterday. Small group, which I love, and friendly people. Very enjoyable. It was supposed to be 7-9 and I ducked out first at around 9:30. By then I was ready to give the dogs a quick walk and go to bed. It takes me FOREVER to unwind after a social event though. I think it was at least midnight before I actually fell asleep.

Ravens play today at 1 so I will be watching that this afternoon. Otherwise, I may go out and run an errand this morning. So folks are pickle balling this morning but it is windy and chilly, so I don't think so!

Tomorrow is book club. I read the book well over a year ago so I need to read reviews and such to refresh my memory. It's a luncheon so I'm sure it will be more social than book based.

I head back to MD on Tuesday afternoon after I get this house good and cleaned up, then I start getting the MD house cleaned up and so forth for my two Friendmases.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-21, 14:19

BF:

Nicco sorry on the car and Xmas village and the PIA that came with all that but ya got it handled and one so that is good.

Yea I can do without hubby for X amt of time and then it wears thin and I require interaction with him cause heck I like him and wanna have that just like you wrote Shows a good side to it all, a tad apart good, too much, nah, we need and want them in our lives....wild seeing that change when ya get that chance.

Jaz yea I want a Mickey here. Our best is for hubby down the road. Mica and his house with the cattle and he fixes golf carts and drinks beer by the cases all weekend long in his big garage and hubby takes the golf cart down and drinks a beer and chats guy stuff....I sure am heck not going down there with them all....the cousin who lives up the road goes too....yea the guys have it, for me ain't doing Enjoy your Mickey for sure!!

Do not worry on the bounce. Don't let it freak ya or change ratically or react crazy. Bounce is normal point blank. You eat your good fish and chicken and more and don't give it another thought, the body will do the bounce, we all done it, so you just keep doing the good without the crazy of it all and you will bounce down and hold you are fine!

Lori....had me laughing with the ottoman to help Gabby get up there With a kitty sure I would easily do that. I have a very high super king and doggie could just make it when very young and had power, now, no way and I thought it was the best damn day when that dog could not get up onto my bed HAHA So no ottoman step for him, but a kitty, yea I might just what you are doing. Love it.

Hubby came home from his mom's house with a big bag of apples and he made some cinnamon/apple crap and then I got about 10 apples sitting on the counter that are now rotting and will throw in the next day or 2. I am like WHY and he is like I am gonna use them all, NOT! I even throw them to the goat and she won't eat them HAHA I tell ya.....

--------------SO WILD and wooley here.
might not post much for a few days.
drama

Greg cracked a molar eating a friggin' crouton in his salad.
Rich comes Monday late flying down. Greg did tooth Sat and he is like come get mom so I can go home and handle tooth very early Mon. AM for emergency fix dentist appt and I am like, damn, so I got mom now and all good.....but the crazy can hit the fan. long day already

But with Rich flying down and me promising kiddo a trip to furniture stores this week for bookcase present she wants and also the Ulta Beauty store for Xmas presents and I AM booked this damn week doing life on limited time and I am now 'thrown off course' ya know.

don't get me started but luckily I am keeping my butt in the 'I don't give a flying monkey about this circus' and am 'just chillin' thru the BS of it all' and the let it go attitude is helping me so...

but darn it all ya know HA

it is what it is

over and out and be good and hold strong all we all got this!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-21, 06:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Monday again.....although it's just another day for me. Nothing on the agenda for me today. I made the applesauce yesterday morning, so that's in the freezer. I made it while DH was out and he was a bit disappointed that he didn't get to "help". It's much easier to do it myself....you know?

--------

Nic......enjoy your last day in DE. Hope the book club luncheon is fun.

Trig....Sorry to hear about your brother's trouble with his toof. It's always something, isn't it? Enjoy your time with Mom this week. Will you get out and take the new transport chair for a spin?

Jaz.....Hope some good job prospects pop up for you this week. Will you have any good pool time this week? Don't forget Mikey's patio!

---------

DH left the house at 6:30 this morning to go to the hospital lab for some blood work. He has a Dr. appt. next week for his prostate exam and results from today's lab work. His numbers have been going up a bit, so it's a little nerve wracking to be honest. I hope we don't have any treatment decisions to make. We'll deal with it and do what we have to do, but oh man, I don't want him to have to go thru a surgery or anything. Enough of that, but I just needed to vent a bit.

Well, Gabby has installed herself on my lap. I guess I'll just watch some mindless TV and enjoy my coffee. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-13-21 at 06:53.