Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-21, 07:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm a lazy a$$ this morning! Gabby got me up early and then by 7 I was ready to nap in my recliner.

Not much on the agenda today. I'll do a workout and not much else. I'm so freakin' cold this morning. I go thru this every Winter. Why on earth do we live in such a place? Sigh.....

Nic.....Have a wonderful weekend with DH....how long is he staying? I know you're there for another week, right? It sounds like a really nice, active community there.

Jaz....What are you and the pupper up to today?

Trig....Hope everything is going ok.

--------

That's it from here. Boring day....just the way I like it. I may go out for a walk this afternoon as it's supposed to get up near 50 degrees! I guess I should really take advantage of it.

Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-21, 08:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori glad your lunch went well.....buy lunch, heck yea I wouldn't be cooking any lunch for that group but I can drive and get it HA

I am cold too! I SO feel ya on that! Which is why when kid in college, my happy azz is thinking move to more south. I am finding heat come heck or highwater but with elderly stuff happening and more, might be a tad longer than I think, but darn I am gonna get there. No way I am doing my old age in cold

Nicco so glad you and DH are having a blast. Pickleball gives stress release and time in the sun and good vibes, then ya can work a bit but still be on vacay, your hubby is getting a good mix! Love it.

and you are becoming the social butterfly. tree lightening and happy hour....yea I can handle that too, just enough without being TOO much

OH NO clue on your mom. wow. Yea with age the crazy starts to come. I see it now crazy in that my mom is confusing SO much now. She wants to call Elsie. Dead on 20 yrs now and I said that, you are forgetting and she passed long time ago and my mom got SO sad, then asked about the other siblings and I said dead dead dead and she is the last and she got more sad and NOW I AM NOT ever saying that shit again......I am saying, they are working, can't call now...and she WILL forget so.........ugh..........when mom when on this blood thinner pill and lasic pill added to her low bp pill from this body fluid 'congestive heart failure' issue, she went downhill. Gonna get her oxygen level checked. Wondering if this downhill thing is about oxygen. Only checking will tell. But since her heart event and pills, not looking good, downhill steadily. ugh but might be the damn pills? will check, chat up and appt with heart doc and I want oxygen levels checked cause when that happens and it goes low, any person gets very confused. shot in the dark maybe Hope your mom comes thru ok on healing and does well, but darn, alot of times the crap goes downhill but life sure is what it is and throws it all at us. Sending hugs to your mom!!

Jazz, I am the same. Dark at 6 at night feels like friggin' midnight and I am off. I so get that!

Very cool you and dogger are family and in sync now takes time with a pup but you can mold them to fit you and it sounds like you guys are a great pair!!

-------------food today is country pork ribs and cheeseburger patties.
Simple. No change from that is best for me.

of course I gotta make sausage links, french toast, fried egg for mom with tons of syrup LOL She inhales that meal which is good, at almost 94 does it really matter what one eats HAHA

hubby working
kid sleeping
all good here

no xmas stuff happening. no care about it and kid didn't even ask about the tree etc. So just not bothering TIL the hub or kid asks HAHA
hey I don't have to do it all on some timeline.....others can chime in. will be interesting to see when kid says, hey mom where is Xmas? wait and see LOL
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-21, 08:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Saturday Morning! Good Morning!

I love my Saturday Mornings! Coffee in hand and dogger literally in my lap. He thinks he is a little guy. I am watching the kitchen on Food Network. It's my Saturday morning show.

NIC- So glad hubby made it there safely! How long is he staying?
Wow 5 games of pickle ball? I would be limping off the court! HAHAHAH

Sorry to hear about your mom. It sounds like she is getting what she needs! Are you going to see her over the holidays? I know you wanted to wait until your bro was with you. Maybe though with her being in a rehab might put those boundaries there. You can come and go and she stays put. So sad.

I am happy that you are able to separate all that drama and just love and explore your new place!
Where did you all go for dinner?

Lori- HAHAAH- Yup I would have picked up sandwiches as well! So how did the history lessons go at Betty's? Was she tuckered out afterwards.

So I am hitting up Dollar store today to find some "treasure boxes". Love that idea!

Trig- How are things going? Thinking about ya!
------------------------------------------------------------------

It's going to be a beautiful weekend. I am feeling a bit ho hum though. I can't put my finger on why I just feel a bit off. I have bubble guts and feel like doing nothing!

I have to do laundry though, and browse jobs.
I was going to do that yesterday but spent alot of beach time and just didn't feel it yesterday! HAHAHAH

My GF from Martha's Vineyard called me last night and we ended up chatting away for about 2 hours! I was ready for bed after that!
Watched a bit of Shark Tank and called it a day!

I do want to hit up the dollar store later after it warms up a bit. I will get it done at the ISLAND SPEED!!!! HAHAHAH-

Shrimp and left over salmon and spinach salad if wanted. That's it from the Island!
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 05:18

BF:

Jaz, island speed is a good thing I watched Diners Drive Ins and Dives on tv with mom and St Simon came on...Guy went to Topwater Grill and said the locals loved it, I immediately thought of you

Hope you perk up a bit. bubble guts....ewww...I don't like when I feel off like this either. Hope you come around!

-----------------today is simple

just 'be'

got some burgers and chicken to eat later

Kiddo put out the Xmas tree, got a little bit of decorating around. Cool. I didn't have to do any of it

Might consider next weekend putting out some outdoor stuff. Not much AT ALL.

Doesn't 'feel like Xmas' at all to me for some reason. No interest in any of it.

So chillin' thru the day at 'tired and not interested' speed around here

have a great day all
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 07:49

BF:

Good Morning!!!!!!!

Trig- Yes- I know Guy Feri has been here several times. The BIG one is "Soul BBQ". It has world acclaim. It is pretty darn good. But honestly I think the Smoking Pig in SC beats it hands down. Totally cool though I will look it up!

So the kiddo pulled out the tree huh!!!!

You bet I am on ISLAND TIME! no other way to be!

Is Mom with you now?

Nic- I know you are having a great time with Hubby there. Is today GAME DAY? Something so soothing about a Sunday afternoon football game and a bowel of chili! My idea of a perfect Sunday!

Lori-- whats up with you today? You and I are usually cross posting these days! HAHAHAH
------------------------------------------------------------
So my wonky bubble guts turned to a full on MEH day and I was such a sloth. I did nothing yesterday.

I feel so much better today and now have a ton to do! I am going to strip the bedding and have a basket already of towels and clothes to hit up the laundry pile. I am also going to wash the sheets I put over the couches.

I would love to get over and get his nails clipped. He is such a difficult cut. The last two people could not get them done. He is too antsy and nips. The vet did them last time. That would be a 3 hour trip to go BACK to the vet in Savannah for nails! I will figure it out.

So my DD invited me to her house for Christmas, ASSUMING everyone is healthy. The kids always seem to have some sort of runny nose! HAHAHAHAH- Oh well such is life. So yes I will go and do a quick stop over at moms and then back here for Jan./Feb.

I am HOPEFUL March if not before find me with something still in the work world. I do not think the travel gig is for me right now! Just not feeling it. Although the $$ is jaw dropping.

I have not only STALLED at 24 pounds- I have bounced up 4. Living in the bounce house right now. I am not surprised. I was dropping pretty fast. So I will wait it out and keep doing my fish and veggies and eventually I will adjust and have another dropping period.

Well that is it from here. I need to hit up the beach and walk this hyper pup. The beach walks wear him out. He LOVES to go!

Ok- will wait for you sleepy heads to pop in!

HAHAHAHA- off to do my first load.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 07:51

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling good this morning. Yesterday was a bust. I was just SO tired all day. I kept falling asleep here in my recliner all cuddled under my fuzzy blanket. I never got a workout in or anything. Supreme laziness! I slept in till nearly 7:30 this morning because DH got up with Gabby at 5:30. Bless him. Yesterday I was also just picking at food all day. This and that.....nothing really good, just bits of all manner of stuff. Today I'm really focusing on getting my protein in...I know that was lacking in yesterday's grazing.

The scale continues it's bouncing. Up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs. What I need is some consistency if I want to get a solid drop. Why am I so focused on losing another 5-8 lbs? Who cares? I guess having that focus at least helps me stay in a "safe" range. Whatever.

Trig.....I love that you and Mom sit and watch TV shows and enjoy them together. Meanwhile, DD puts up and tree and does all the stuff....awesome!

Nic & Jaz.....what's up today?

-----

Sun is shining here, but it's cold as the devil. Bah! A workout will happen today at some point. That's it for today. Isn't Winter fun?
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 08:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday!

Lori, it's kind of good that you had a nice, restful, napping day in the recliner. Some days like that are just good for the soul.

Sometimes I wonder if once we get to goal (and I speak with very limited experience, but you are very good at it!) we keep focusing on weight bc we are fearful of gaining AND because we don't really know how not to. LOL You know? ugh! To be a man would be wonderful in this instance!

Jaz, how often do you do laundry in a week? I made DH bring me some laundry so I could run a load bc I just didn't have much by myself. If I showered daily and used a new towel every time, then I would I guess, but I don't do that. And I also don't wash every article of clothing every single time I wear it, except things like underwear of course.

It is interesting living on my own sometimes now. First time really doing this. I've run the dishwasher only once and that was when I brought home some stuff from Goodwill and wanted to make sure it got really clean.

I hope you do go to your DD's. Those little ones are growing up so fast. They might have the sniffles but little kids pretty much do all the time in those early years. I think I read that little kids get like 10 colds a year. Go anyway!

Trig, oh my friend, a million hugs to you. My heart just broke for you, reading about your Mom asking for Elsie and how that all went down. (Btw, as an aside, my Dad's mom's name was Elsie as well. Do you have German lineage?) Oh love, your Mom at nearly 94 has had such a long life but it is never time and never easy. Sending love upon love to you. And YES get the O2 checked!

Good on your DD for getting the tree up! I dunno, ya gotta have something going on, I feel like! Plus the twinkly lights are such spirit lifters.

•••••••••••

My Mom- No, I won't visit her while she is in the rehab hospital. They are working with her and she is allowed a single visitor a day. Plus, she is so inactive otherwise that this is seriously kicking her ass. I never would have wished for her to fall or to hurt herself but she was in real need of some forced movement and activity. I'd like to think she will sustain this when she gets out of there, but she won't.

Hopefully my brother and I can go and see her in January or March, if he is able. If not, I will just go myself. Also, she turns 80 in September so we will need to recognize that. I'm assuming she will attend DS23's wedding in early September but we'll see how she and her DH are doing. He has apparently had a bit of a rough recovery from his own surgery and now wears a catheter.

I'll be playing pickleball today at 11 and then DH and I are going to visit this cool waterfront area I found, then settle in for the Ravens game this afternoon. Cozy day after pickleball. I think it will be pretty chilly to play but not too bad once I get good and moving, I hope! It was sunny but now it is getting cloudier, which stinks. A little breezy too. I'm feeling cold just looking outside now that I think about it! It should be 50º by the time we get out there though.

I was doing well losing a few pounds, but have gained back a pound and a half with DH here. It's not like he is forcing me to eat but it is definitely harder. When he is not here I don't eat out and stuff, you know? Plus I am easily influenced to make poor choices!

That's it from me!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 08:57

BF:

Nic.....You hit the nail on the head! I AM fearful of gaining and I just don't know how to not focus on my eating and losing weight. I guess after all these years, it's just a part of me. I am not obsessive about it to the point of being afraid to eat anything.....(Hello pizza & grinder from Friday night), so I guess I'm "ok". I think the Friday night carb fest was a big part of why I didn't feel great yesterday. I had the churning guts and lethargy....not fun.

Sounds like you have a fabulous day on tap......Enjoy!

Jaz.....I think spending Xmas with the Grands will be great for you...and them! I hope they are healthy at Xmas time....with kids you never know. It sounds like you and I did the same thing yesterday....nothing! Sometimes we need it. Have a great day!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-21, 08:36

BF:

Lori, yah I definitely think you are okay! Not worried about you at all.

Where the heck is everyone? Have I been kicked off the thread? lol Just kidding! My guess is Lori is waiting bc she was last poster and I don't know where the other of you two are!

Got laundry running today- sheets and towels. I've done some dusting and will run the vacuum soon.

Pickleball at noon today. It's nice and warm out. Didn't even need a hat and gloves to walk the dogs this morning at 7:30! I think it will be in the low 60s today!

DH left early this morning at around 6 AM. I'm on my own again now. It was great to have him here although my waistline suffered. I have time now to get things back on track.

Played one game in the AM and five pickleball games in the PM yesterday. It was good fun. I like the easier group better. Won all five games but more importantly just had a lot of fun.

Cold weather is coming fast though- both locations have the threat of a coating of snow on Wednesday. Crazy how the weather is about to shift. I see that it will warm up some again here in DE though, not sure about EC.

All is well otherwise and not a ton to report. I was asked to sub for Kindergarten on Friday but won't be in town. I will be proctoring admissions testing several times in 2022 and get paid for proctoring and also grading the results.

I guess that is about it for now!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-21, 08:46

BF:

Good Monday Morning!
New week and new beginnings. That is how I am viewing this week.

Last week was hit or miss and I was either an energizer bunny or sloth on the couch. There was no in-between.

NIC- I hear ya on having to do the "mom" visit. You got it figured out though.

Yup and Yup on eating more with hubby around! I am with ya on that. Easier to eat right on track when it's just you!
I LOVE you are getting a "taste" of living by yourself. At first it might seem lonely. However, after a time you will LOVE your space, and you will love your together time. It's a great balance.

I have been single now going on 13 years and have come to really enjoy my space. I would love a relationship that is close and all that- BUT I would NEED space now that I am used to it. I am living a full and do what I want as I want life and LOVE it.

Laundry- I do it once a week. I usually wear something twice (shirts/shorts/leggings maybe 3 times then they get washed). Towels after 2 days get tossed in pile and dish towels daily. Bedding once a week. So I don't like to wash clothes with towels/bedding so I usually have 2 piles.
Dog blankets about every 2 weeks- they are separate!

Love you are into pickle ball. So good for your body to move!!!!! My knees would rebel!!!!! They are still not fully back to baseline. I doubt they ever will be.
When it gets cold and damp here I sure feel "them".

Whats on tap for your week?

Lori- Yup you and I were needing rest yesterday. It's way ok to take a day or two and do that. I think our bodies tell us what is needed if we listen!

What up with you this week? Any plans on visiting sis?

oh....... my thoughts- GIRL you look amazing and DO NOT NEED to lose 8 more pounds. You are perfect. I get you are worried about the regain. But you got this TRUST me!!!!!!

Trig- - Did you get your decorations up? Feeling festive?
Have you shopped for anything? Do you and Bro get together for Christmas?

Is your mom there yet? Any updates on that front?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am rested up and ready for a new week.

Goals for today:
find 10 things I am grateful for- you ladies knocks it down to 9

hit up grocery store for grub for next few days.

Pet Smart - need to leave the Island and head to Brunswick for that. Out of dog food. DRY kibble. I have STOPPED feeding him human food and figure if he gets hungry enough he will eat. I did buy this stuff called "dog sprinkles" It is powdered beef liver in a powder. Supposed to make dogs eat. Nope- he could care less. Oh well........ he is not starving!

Food today......... not sure- depends on sales. Has ANYONE NOTICED the PRICES of food????????????? DAM! - beef/eggs/chicken- $$$$$$

Back later- pup needs out.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-21, 09:20

BF:

Jaz don't get me started on inflation and food costs and everything else is skyrocketing....even service costs. Scary. Gonna unbalance the entire world even more, ok don't get me started HA

Yea the vet if he nips just slaps a muzzle on him fast....the tech holds him strong and those nails get cut fast Done deal!

Plus KEEP him on his food and that liver sprinkle is a good thing but key is once he is 'set on his food' then keep him on it. Pancreatis and all that comes from eating other junk that the pancreas can't process easily and then ya got a sick dog.....so you are doing great with him. He will eat and 'get it' and like ya said, he is a smart doggie, he will be fine

Nicco, my mom is Lithuanian. So kinda close to the German area HA Her mom, my grandma and grandpa came straight over from Lithuania and stared a life. Coal miner in PA. Grandma had 7 kids, mom the oldest and the only one left alive now thru it all. I don't know why she wants to call Elsie cause everyone in the family agreed that Elsie was the biggest pain in the azz out of all of them and damn, they darn near didn't like her that much HAHA Cool thing is my bro Rich did ancestry on both sides and it is super interesting. My Dad's parents came over from Newfoundland and he is pursuing those lines now. ME, I got no interest to do that research at all but he loves that kind of stuff. Cool to hear about it all but ain't gonna go looking for any of it HA

Lori. You are there. You look fab. You NEED THAT mental maintenance mindset now. It is ok to go up and down 5-8 and be fine and ALLOW it without worrying. I think your best fine shorts you love golfing should be your 'keep it right there' shorts ya know. They get tight, you go all in smart....they fit fine, you are eating fine You are doing great Lori and look fine too!!

Rest. Yea when you need it you need it plus it is a season change. into the cold we go and it can drag us down a bit.....let's all hibernate now LOL

-------------today is pork ribs in oven and later will be some meatballs I am making for family or just make my extra burger meat into cheeseburger patties.

simple.

keep it there is key for me.

all good, just living life and 'doing'
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-21, 09:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Yep Nic......I was waiting on someone else to post first this morning! I stayed in bed until nearly 7:30.....bliss! DH finally came up to make sure I was still breathing! I love when he gets up early and does "cat duty". I think he was up before she was this morning.

Today I'm going to wait until this afternoon and then run some errands. In the 50's!!! Tomorrow we're back to the 30's, so I'm going to take advantage of today. I have to stop by our local homemade candy store and arrange for shipping of some gifts, and then head to the grocery store. I usually prefer to go to the grocery early in the morning, but Monday mornings the shelves are usually picked over. I'll let them have time to restock this morning before I descend. DH wants chili this week, so have to get what I need for that plus a few other things.

-----------

Nic....You are killing the pickleball!! It all sounds like so much fun. Enjoy the warm weather today and your week of solitude.

Jaz......I'm much like you. I either go full on or sit on my a$$ all day. Have a good Monday!

Trig....I think someone has a birthday tomorrow....doesn't she? Any special plans?

---------

Today at 5 o'clock DH has to meet the Dr. who is interested in buying Betty's house and his contractor. DH ran into him the other day and he said again how interested he and his wife are and that his wife just loves the place. We are hopeful that he will come in with a fair offer. Betty said to DH the other night, "If he offers a fair price, I think we should take it." Praise God that she is on board with all of it. The most important thing is that he agrees that she can continue to live there are long as she is able. That is certainly worth a reduction in the price in our opinion. All we want is to have the means to take care of Betty as the time is coming where we're going to need more help.

So far today, my appetite is not raging. Yesterday was a great day and I was able to eat plenty of protein and keep my calories on the low side. Saturday morning after the pizza/sub debacle, I was at 160 lbs. This morning 157.4. I can bounce on the scale like nobody's business.

Yesterday's Pahla B. workout was a fun one. Today's workout is cardio...should be fun too. After I get that done and hop in the shower, I'll head out to run my errands. Feeling great thanks to extra sleep.

#43   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 06:30

BF:

Lori get that extra sleep, not a bad thing from that

Super great you guys are getting that house handled and under contract and Betty can stay, but like you said, that time is coming sooner than later she might have to be put in a home, just like my mom so the sooner you get that house contract done the better! And it sounds like a favorable deal on all ends...that is great.

and yes b day today

So guys I hit 60 today! No biggie, bdays and age mean nothing to me but damn, how did I get into my 60s....come on HAHA time flies I guess.

nothing doing, just a normal day. Mom was to go home today but decided she wants another day here so take her back tomorrow. all good

got leftover pork and steak. no bday dinner, have no issues with that. don't care one iota on any of it LOL hubby said what ya want, I said clean the inside of my car. I hate doing cars in any fashion so he and kid will spruce up and do windows....I love that!

over and out and be good everyone
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 07:03

BF:

Good Morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRIG!!!!!!!! The big 6-0 huh? You're catching up to me! In just a couple months I'll be 62! WTH??

I slept in again this morning. This is becoming a habit! Today all I want to do is get my exercise in and then make a pot of chili this afternoon. I don't plan to go anywhere or do anything outside of the house today.

Jaz......You asked about plans with my DSis. She is planning to come for a visit around New Year's. Her daughter is giving her a rough time about not being at their beck and call, but Sis has to just get in the car and head North! She'll only stay 2 or 3 days. I try to get her to stay at least a week, but OMG....she has to be there to dog sit. Just shoot me. It is what it is.

Also, we are planning to go to FL in February. Sure hope the new Covid variants don't squash our plans. If she doesn't feel safe to go, I will just go by myself. I need to get the heck out of Dodge!

Nic....What did you get into yesterday?

-------

More coffee needed here. Have a good day!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 07:57

BF:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Trigger! Happy Birthday to you! And many many many many MORE!!!