Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-22, 07:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I am in a MOOD this morning. I just wrote a whole paragraph whining about the cold, the cat, yadda yadda yadda, but deleted it. You all don't need to listen to that nonsense! Deep breath...........

Nic....Hope you can enjoy a couple days of solitude at the DE house. It sounds like your MD house will be busy starting this weekend!

Trig.....Feel you on the winter blahs. I've got a bad case too.

Jaz.....Good luck on the job hunt this week.

-----------

I'm in until this afternoon when I have to go to the dentist for my 6 month check-up. That will probably improve my mood.....yeah right. I'm afraid it's time for all the xrays. I hate that. Those bite wings hurt the roof of my mouth like crazy.

We had a couple inches of snow last evening and getting a bit more tonight I think. Round and round we go.

Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-22, 09:27

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy ho, my friends!

It is Monday- I never know what day it is anymore, so just in case you didn't either!

Lori- hugs to you on feeling the winter blues and blahs.

Dentist Bite-wing X-rays used to hurt the roof of my mouth too. Apparently mine is shaped oddly. I hope it goes relatively well for you!

I too am glad that your Sis is speaking up for herself. Good for her!

Trig- you got the winter blues too, it sounds like. Big hugs to you too.

Jaz- you asked 'what does detox on carnivore mean to you?' I'm not sure what you meant by that. What am I eating? How do I feel? What do I mean to accomplish?

•••••••••••

Yesterday was a good day. Finally feeling like myself. Took several walks, both with and without the dogs. The time outside was a good thing. Finished a book. Spent time with DH before he left. Today will be more of the same. I won't go to bookclub bc I haven't read the book, but I did start it last night after I finished my other one.

So far today I have been out and about with the dogs, and am slowly drinking my coffee while working through my daily tabs. My family is obsessed with Wordle so we always discuss that over the course of the day via text. I haven't missed one yet!

Bills are paid. I plan to read, sort through some stuff I brought back from my Mom's, sort through my clothes here and figure out what will stay and what goes back ( I brought my suitcase from ATL and things are getting all mixed up.) Reading, watch some tv, that kind of thing.

Yesterday I had a good amount of bacon (about 11 ounces, pre cooking) and one rib eye steak. One mug of coffee and lots of water. Today I am going to introduce a poached egg on a burger patty. Then we'll see what else appeals. Tomorrow I might cook up the sausage that I have from the local farm down the street- heritage pig.

That's about it from here!
  #288   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-22, 10:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Monday!

NIC- Yup I was wondering what you eat on detox. I have been chowing a smashed hamburger. I am driving into Brunswick to hit up a real grocery not a dinky Piggy Wiggly.

Glad you are feeling back to yourself and rested up! I love the feet propped up days!

Lori- Urghhhhhh on the dentist. It is one of those places you hate to go and then so glad you did!
SNOW- you can keep that!

How was the time at your DD?

Trig-- Hang in there GF- Spring is around the corner for us!
How is Carnivore still working for ya? I would think it truly helps with craving and all.
How is your situation with mom going? Any closer on the move for her?
----------------------------------------------------------------
So I got a call from the "Big" medical Center in NC and they are only moving forward with me. I have the last Zoom meeting with the entire team on Wed.
The manager stated she "wants to wrap this up" by the end of the week.

Honestly I don't know why this feels so different from all the other bazillion jobs I have had. I am having a gut kick over it actually. I should be over the moon........ SHOULD............

I need to buy a winning lotto ticket...... it would solve everything!

Sunny and supposed to warm to 58 here today. However, it is still very chilly here.
Waiting for a plumber to call...... there is a leak under the sink and I informed the owner.
I think though I am going to sneak out to the store quick like and get back.

Lets see- I am hankering for a steak.

BAck later
  #289   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-22, 14:03

BF:

Jaz- Saturday and Sunday it was bacon and ribeye only. I allowed butter, salt, pepper and some garlic powder. Today I've had burger with two poached eggs. Tomorrow I will allow some local sausage but otherwise stick to the beef, bacon, butter, egg plan.

Feet propped up day was a fail. I ended up going and playing pickleball in 37 degree temps. Sunny at least! Once you get moving for a while, the layers get shed. Two hours of pickleball and my back is definitely complaining! I already said I won't play tomorrow so I can rest it. Don't need to be throwing it out!

Congrats on the job possibility seeming to be moving forward. A paycheck is a good thing!
  #290   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-22, 05:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling much better this morning. I slept well last night and that sure makes a big difference!

Today I get my hair cut/colored at 10 and nothing else on the agenda. I think I may be in charge of figuring out something for Betty to eat for dinner as DH will be working the ice skating rink at the park. He did it last night too, but got Betty something to eat before he started at 4:30 since I wasn't feeling well. He's just going to take a hamburger to warm up for himself at the rink, so I don't have to figure out what to make for him. He won't get home till 7 or so.

Betty seems to be having some digestive issues and just not feeling well this week. Her visiting nurse came yesterday and will come back on Wednesday. She suggested Miralax, so DH got that yesterday and Betty has taken a couple doses so far. I'm hoping it works for her and that there is not something more serious going on.

We talked to DH's cousin's husband last night and she is not doing well with the sepsis. He was crying on the phone.....so sad. He will most likely be making the decision this week to turn off the machines and let her go. I guess it could take a week or so for her to pass. They will keep her medicated so there will be no pain. I feel bad for him as they have no children or other family(other than his siblings) to help him make this hard decision.

----------

Jaz.....I hope this job works out for you and that it gives you a new start. Being independently wealthy would be nice.....but for the rest of us.....we gotta work! Let us know how things go.

Nic......Playing PB in 37 degree weather?? Hardcore! I hope your back is not giving you fits today.

Trig.....((Hugs)) Hope everything is going ok.

---------

Well, I need another cup of coffee. This cold weather makes me want to drink hot coffee ALL day long.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Jan-25-22 at 05:30.
  #291   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-22, 12:26

BF:

Hi Everyone!

Quiet around here today!

Lori- Yay for good sleep! A good sleep after a couple of bad nights is incredibly restorative.

So sad about your Dh's cousin's wife. It would be awful to go through that alone and make those kind of decision without someone to help you through it.

I hope Betty feels better soon!

•••••••••••

Nice restful day on tap today. I slept til 7 and then hung out in bed for a bit, then fell asleep again (!) until nearly 8:30, which is really late for me. But it was very good for dog training in DE since they were initially trying to get us up at 6 AM every day here and it was super annoying. Bella understands being told to go back to bed but since Sophie can't hear, once she is up and clomping around it is all over. Getting the blackout shades in there definitely helped.

For my first meal of the day (lunchtime) I made a 1 pound tube of sausage from the local farm. I cooked those up and took 3 patties (about 1/4 of the tube?) and then poached two eggs and put them over the top. It was good but I think I will be hungry again not too far down the road. I've dropped a handful of pounds which is not surprising since I knew I was bloated as heck. Still far from where I would like to be but in better shape than I was when I walked in the door here on Friday.

I've been getting stuff done in preparation for leaving tomorrow. Sheets have been washed, doing a load of laundry, will clean bathrooms and vacuum. I'll clean the kitchen tomorrow and then we will be good to go.

That's about it from here. Nothing too exciting to share, but in a good way. I have had more than enough excitement lately!
  #292   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-22, 16:00

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Nic- so happy to hear you are getting nestled in and rested. I still find that your DE is your happy place. It's smaller, cozy, and new venue!

How is reset going? OK for me!!!!!! Sticking with beef!

Lori- - I don't think I got you were feeling punk other than you didn't want to hit up the dentist for ex-rays. Glad though you feeling better. It is amazing what a good nights sleep does for someone.

So Betty and her meals........ would she not be able to get senior meals delivered? Just a question.

Trig- - hey- all good in your area?
Today has flown by

Plumber came and replaced the sink parts, laundry, and walks. Made some needed calls and basic putter.

Made steak and now going to play some cards online I found! Tired and did nothing!

Be well!!!!
  #293   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 05:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling good this morning again, though I was up a bit early. Any time after 4 and I'm ready to get up. Forgot to mention that my dentist appt. went well. She did some xrays, but not the full set, so I was in and out fairly quickly. Cleaning was easy and no problems found...yay!

Betty is feeling better, so that is a relief. Jaz.....as far as delivered meals for Betty...that would never fly. She is ultra picky about what she will eat. I'm quite sure that she wouldn't like the majority of the food from Meals on Wheels. She doesn't eat much at a time and it has to be soft and easy to chew. She has her favorite things that we rely on.

-------

Jaz.....So today is your Zoom interview, right? I hope it goes well and that you feel good about whatever you decide to do. Keep us posted!

Nic......Safe travels home today. When will get to come back to DE? You'll miss your pickle ball friends!

Trig.......

-------

OMG......DH is talking and talking and talking. Thank goodness he's leaving early to go to the hospital for routine bloodwork this morning. I need quiet!! My cleaning lady comes around Noon, so I'll have to go do something. Maybe the grocery store & Starbucks. I need to get my workout done this morning as I took yesterday off. Scale is staying the same, so all good with the eating.

Well, my coffee cup is empty.....unacceptable!! Have good days!
  #294   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 06:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco
Rock out Carnivore! It is nice you dropped the bloat and keep on trucking. It really does clean one out and helps get us off that worse eating routine, so I hope it does that for ya and back on track you go

Lori, sorry on Bettys fall. My mom is getting way more wobbly and with this toe issue...ugh...

Your DH is quite the talker LOL I can't usually get mine to say anything, he is 'just in the house as a ghostly presence' most times and it unnerves me cause I come around the corner and run into him and it freaks me out HAHA I tell him he needs to wear a bell around his neck!

Jaz, so much on the job front...what is going down for ya?
Just general putter thru the day, best damn kind of day isn't it?

----------------me and mom did Assessment at retirement place. Went well....she passed. Now I gotta get med stuff done and covid test and all that is good for 14 days only once completed and I have to get her in the retire place within that time. So just getting ducks in a row and will move that process along when I can fit it all in to get'er done etc.

Mom is getting more confused for sure. I noticed lately it is getting worse, retirement home and ALL THEY do is really gonna be required ya know. Get her into a routine there and I think that will help for sure.

Today is Toe Dr. Off we go for 9 appt

Home to relax. I am in a kinda brain foggy head mode with sinus and I don't plan on doing too damn much when I get home LOL Not in the mood is not in the mood for me.

over and out and be good everyone...we got this! We hope HA
  #295   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 08:38

BF:

Good Morning!

I am a bucket of nerves this morning. I have big changes around the corner. For better or not- change is coming! No more beach life.
I was thinking to myself when I rolled out of bed- geese I go to bed when I want, eat when I want and get up when I feel like it. A real job would change all that.

I keep putting out remote applications. EVERYBODY wants out of the hospital and work from home. Granted it doesn't pay as well. Speaking of- that will be a thing for me. For me to go back to a facility and face the "beast" again= $$$. They need to pay me. Stakes are high.
Anyway- yes I am meeting the team via zoom at 1:30- and then the manager said she will "touch base" after.

Trig- I totally agree that getting your mom in the retirement center sooner than later is a really good idea. She needs to feel the routine of the facility. Once she is in I would let her stay there before you take her out for a good several months. Visit oh yes- but home overnights not so much. She needs to know thesis where she will stay and be. She will adjust. We all do ya know!

Add that to the fact you need your life back. It is so apparent you love your mom. She loves you back- and she needs her life too. She needs to get to know people there and settle! It will balance life a bit ya know!

How is the kiddo doing in school? Oh..... how far away is Cary from you?

Lori- you had me at anything past 4 am......... SAY WHAT?!?!?!? What time do you go to bed? You have the energy of a energizer bunny, send some my way!!!!!

I found your Chatty Cathy hubby comment funny. It is one of two ways- they are chatty, or they are like talking to a wall! What was he talking about? Work? My son is a Chatty Cathy too. He will chat like a women on all the cool gadgets he buys. Makes my eyes roll.

NIC- safe travels! Today is travel day yes? Then DS arrives tomorrow? Awesome on the carnivore reset. I am doing the same and I feel so good.
So far I have not ventured beyond beef. I am satisfied and not hungry.
Let us know you are safe and tucked in!
So, doing my due diligence I have cooled the crime maps in Raleigh and Cary is the place I think I am going to start off first! The amenities and affordability and low crime checks all the boxes.

IF the price is right and it feels like a fit I am am going to Airbnb a nursing rental PRIOR to signing a lease. I found one even. A condo in Cary in WALKING distance to shops, walking trails, and Trader Joes! How perfect is that! Add that to the fact it is less than a mile to the highway and 5 exits to the hospital. It is an end unit and nobody above YES PLEASE.

Reset- going well. No loses, no bounces. My blood sugars have gone from 122 in the morning fasting to 88- HAPPY FACE HERE! The weight will begin to follow again.

Today is burger patties. I like a touch of mustard and mayo on them and that is that.

OK into my day- and another cup of Joe!
  #296   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 09:24

BF:

Good morning, all!

Yep, headed back to MD today. Got most things done yesterday so not too much to do before I head back.

Lori- Lord help, that would drive me insane, to have a chatty dh in the morning! lol My DH would probably like to be chatty in the morning but I need some time. Although if I were getting up at 4 I guess I'd be ready by 6! lol

Trig- lol on the Chop scaring you by being around the corner, all quiet! lololol I can picture it.

Girl, we stand by you and support you as you go through this process with your Mom. You will be seeing her often and I think it will absolutely be the best for all concerned. I'm sure it comes with mixed feelings though.

I am hopeful that my Mom and her Dh will move toward this as well.

Jaz- big changes afoot! I think you will like Cary. It is definitely busier than what you have been accustomed to, but it is a hopping place and plenty to do in the area for sure, plus lots of offerings at Duke to see plays, music etc.

I hope you check in again before tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

••••••••••••••

Heading out in about an hour and a half. I'll probably cook something up and eat before I go, and then something again at dinner time-ish. I am not an OMAD person. Not hungry yet but I surely will be between 12 and 3. Maybe I'll cook it up and take it with me in the car. That sounds like the best idea, actually. I'll take a couple of burger patties, cooked and seasoned.

Scale STS today, which is no surprise after the past few days of major bloat drop. Seven pounds in four days. I'd love to say this gets me to a great place, but no, I have to undo all the weight gain I put on over the past couple of months. It's fine, I can do it. But yeah...

Cold here today- mid 20s when I walked the dogs this morning. I was bundled from head to toe- scarf, battery operated heated gloves, coat, hat. Only my eyes were showing! We go out for nearly half an hour so I need all that when it's that chilly. Snow is expected this weekend and heavier out here in DE, oddly. So trying to arrange for someone to shovel while we are gone. Crazy that they had no snow for two years and this is the third one since we closed in late September.

Supposed to go with C and E to dinner on Saturday night to do a tasting for the wedding rehearsal dinner. We'll see how/if the snow effects that plan or not.

That's it for now!
  #297   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 10:01

BF:

I am a bundle of nerves...... I don't know why. I am usually cool as a cucumber during the interview process. God knows I have had a ton!

Safe travels NIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Awesome on the scale drop and bye bye bloat! Love me a few hamburger patties! Seriously good stuff.
Drive safely!!!!!

Back later....... when I know "something". ................ I am hopeful that I will "know" that is will be clear............ and all that!
  #298   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-22, 05:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Another cold start.....3*.....supposed to get up in the 20's today....woohoo! The weather guy says we may hit 50 next week!!

------------

Jaz.......waiting to hear details on your interview and talk with the boss. Hope you have the warm fuzzies about the possibilities of a new adventure.

Nic.....Are you supposed to get a lot of snow on Saturday? It is going to miss us....thank goodness.

Trig.....I know you're busy getting all your ducks in a row for Mom. Hope things are going as smoothly as possible.

-----------

DH just got up but so far he's not so chatty this morning. Sometimes he's a talker and sometimes not. I'm hoping for quiet this morning. Today we have to get Betty's new Lifeline unit set up. Her old one has been having a lot of reset issues, so they sent her a new one. I hope it's an easy set up.

More coffee time.
  #299   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-22, 07:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys, got researching to handle here

mom's toes are 'just ok' but not healing great but not infected but Dr. said again that reddish/purple meaning low oxygen/blood to area is gonna screw things up.

he said do Vascular surgeon visit. they will sonagram her and see if some narrowing arteries are restricting blood flow to feet, simple (well, you know you hope simple HA) procedure to open those up and get it better in her feet. Gotta be making some calls today...ugh...but mom said let's do it if it is a way to get her feet better plus I think the low circ. is effecting her feet where she isn't so sore walking and more....we can only go forward I guess LOL She is walking less and complaining more so if this helps her walking, heck yea it would be a good way forward....just gotta find out stuff.

holding off retirement place stuff til I can check Dr stuff.
easier to get'er done from here with me than to work the freakin' covid restrictions and more that are a PIA at the retirement place, but I know they gotta do it so....

ok back later to chat up
  #300   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-22, 08:25

BF:

Good Morning-
fast one until this afternoon. I have to send out some forms, hit up the UPS office in Brunswick and stop at the pet store for more kibble.

Have not heard anything yet.

Back in bit