Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-21, 08:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I get ya on that sleep you need. Time and season change and your body is wanting that but best thing is just go for it as it wants. Not a darn thing ever wrong with that. Sleep is a key restorative function for our lives. You will do better with more in a way so do you and don't worry about it one bit Good sleep is great, we should only worry when it is not coming and we are like zombies thru our day!

omg I so get ya on the phone thing HA

cut and color. You know lately my hair is usually just a natural wavy type easy deal with thing but since that shingles in my one side of my head and onto my forehead/eye my hair has changed. It is lopsided from what it was before and my wave is more gone and I am like, WTH? I know I gotta find a 'cut to suit me' better on what it is becoming and omg I hate change! So it will be interesting in my next hair appt to chat up with Jessica on how to layer it up for more volume or 'heck give me something' in a look ya know. OMG my hair which was never an issue is now an issue LOL shoot me please!

I do hope you get more rose gold in your hair. Truly that is a great color look on you!!!

Jaz just eat as you need. Your life seemed best as you said on alot of fish and seafood and lc veg and taste and you flourished. If that is you then cool, see it and know it and move forward in fine fashion!!! You know what works, just do it

On jobs, anything come thru with those 3-4 you checked out?

Oh me and mom are thick as thieves. There is no issue on transition to my home. Dad said years ago when he passes when he got sick.....his words were....'Go to Karen'.....and she didn't, she kept the house and lived there but in the end, GO to Karen is key cause Dad always knew I got her back point blank and she loves my home and my family and loves it here, so no issues there

You keep up the LC book. People need brochures, real literature in their paws to read to realize it all and change their ways, I say more power to you, keep on plugging and with your medical training and your patient interaction, so many can benefit!

OK off to fold clothes from dryer and more.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-21, 08:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning!

Jaz, I'm glad that you were able to get a condo near your friends. That will be a lot of fun for you! I like a big kitchen so I hear you about the small one, but it will be fine for the temporary period you are there.

Good luck on the job hunt! A down day was much needed I am sure. You have been 0-60 this month with the move!

Trig, I admire you. You are taking on a lot. I do agree with Jaz, have you considered Assisted Living? That is very different than a nursing home and can actually be a life-prolonger with things to do, people to visit with etc. But you know your Mom best and you surely know what she would like. She's something like 91, right?

Anyway, my heart hurts for you though. I imagine it is very hard to watch your parent struggle, no matter their age. I am glad your DH is supportive. It will be a hard thing for you, to adjust to her being there, but I know you can. Again echoing Jaz, email or post to help regulate, vent and get support.

Lori- A new phone! Yay! You will love the faster speed and sleekness.

That is such great news about Betty and her home. Makes me really happy! Hopefully they come in with a reasonable and fair offer.

•••••••••••••

Christmas decorations- I did just a little bit here but I am missing having a tree up and some twinkly lights, so we will do that for next year.

Grandkids- following this discussion with great interest. I have no idea what I will do, I seriously go back and forth. I have no intention of being a full time caregiver grandma and my kids know that. I do want to be involved with them though, and know them well, for me and for them. I think there is a happy medium but I'm not sure how to get to it!

Craft show- Not great at all. I am happy to report that of the three I went to this year, the one most local to me was far and away the best. Now I know for the future!

Paint and sip- Tomorrow from 3-5! I am excited to give it a try and more so, to get to meet a few people while actively doing something. You know? I am a friendly introvert and big group meet and greets are the WORST for me. This way I will end up seated around a few people and we will be actively doing something while chatting up a bit. Works for me. I should be able to solidify a couple of names and faces that way.

I have short list of folks that I have met and can remember, mostly fellow dog owners that I see at the dog park. I freaking love the dog park. It is about an acre, fenced in and mulched, with benches and a few "trick" things you can teach your dog to do. My dogs love to go there. We walk down the street about a block, then take a nature trail to get there. Then afterward we take the nature trail the other way to the end, then loop back to get home. It is so satisfying, no idea why!

My neighbor a couple of houses down here in DE is hosting a small holiday gathering on the 11th so I'll be doing that, as well as book club. Slowly getting integrated here.

Trig, I thought of you yesterday. My sciatic nerve threw a completely random tantrum yesterday and OMG it hurt! I couldn't lift my left leg without using my hands to assist. Slowly spread along my lower back a bit. Took Advil, which I hardly ever do, yesterday afternoon and last night. Seems to be much better today, thank goodness. My nerves have been on my nerves this past month!!

The good news is that my feet have fully recovered. Thank god!! My left arm, hand etc still have mild sensation loss but that is not a biggie. As that pinched nerve settles it should all be fine.

DD's ILs are coming over today. They have been really wanting to see the house. So I'll show them that and then we are going to lunch. Menu is a little limited for LC and since I have been a TOTAL WEINER and was eating like crap for the past few weeks and packing on the pounds LIKE IT'S MY JOB I am really trying to keep it clean(er.) I've got a couple of options so I will do that. Hate ordering things that don't sound that good bc of limited choices though, ugh!
I like them (her ILs), though, so it will be fun.

I guess that is about it from here. Like I said, I'm dragging myself back on track. I feel like between my nerve issue/scare and Thanksgiving, I went way off the rails. I can feel it too, OMG, like a freaking Oompa Loompa!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-21, 11:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quickie post- then back- to report/ NIC updates.

Interview for me at 2:30- fingers crossed. It is with the gate keeper. You know HR- hahahaha.
It usually is 2-3 interviews. HR first then the manager- then manager and their boss.
It is the one I wanted. So I am pretty excited........ back later.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-21, 04:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Back to my insanely early wake up call....thanks Gabby! I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. I'm going to go to the laundromat with some of Betty's laundry early this morning. My cleaning lady comes today, so I'll bug out and run some errands while she's here. I may go sit at Starbucks for a bit for a change of scenery if it's not too crowded.

Yesterday I got my hair done & then went and got my new phone all set up. Still working on ringtones and apps. etc. I'm kind of mad that I lost all the podcasts I had and have to start over there. Not sure why they didn't transfer. Also my weight tracker info is gone. It was interesting to look back over the past couple years and see where my weight has been. I've been keeping a written diary this year, so I have that info. It's not really important, but it was fun looking back.

----------

Trig.....So glad that you have a great relationship with your Mom. It will sure make things easier. Hope your hair gal can figure something out with your hair. Isn't it weird that the shingles caused your hair to change.....it's always something!

Jaz.....Hope your interview went well. Update!

Nic....Sorry your craft fair was a bust. I'm anxious to hear about paint & sip. Enjoy your inlaw visit and lunch today. Sounds like a fun day. Ugh on the sciatic pain....that is the worst. Yay on the feet no longer being a problem! When your feet hurt, everything hurts.

-------

Be good everyone!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-21, 04:57

BF:

Lori, of course Gabby wasn't going to allow you to sleep in too many times

ugh on the phone transfer. Just like a laptop. When these things die so much is lost but think of it as a declutter time also and of course good thing is you can start over for your stuff, but yea, it is all a pain. Digital is fab til it ain't

Jaz, yea update on the job, the one ya wanted, cool....hope it becomes a reality for you.

Nicco, wow you are such a busy gal.

Love your dog park path. It seems to suit you and your dogs Can't ask for more than that.

Sciatic nerve stuff. OMG don't get me started on that and I feel for ya on having that issue. It seems nothing, literally nothing helps it but time to get over it. I take all kinds of pills for it and nothing works, just time for it to settle down. I couldn't imagine those who have it all the time and live with that type of pain Glad you are coming around fast cause that thing can linger and drive ya batty.

Sounds like a nice lunch day with the ILs. Keep it LC

---------------for me today I got a small NY Strip steak and pair up with shrimp.

then I got leftover chicken to eat too. Made a roaster chicken for family and got some real nice meat left for me to eat and call it a day.

SO I chatted up with my bro Greg and I told him me and Rich talked and since he wants out of the picture now that the 2 of us will handle it all and he back flipped. NOW he is back into the flipping the care days for mom. I think he felt left out or that if he dumped it all we would just conform and put her somewhere ya know. Now that he felt isolated out of it all he wants back in LOL I told him this can't continue, commit for the bitter end of it all, cause who are we kidding, a care home is coming, just wanna drag it out long as I can for her to not go in just yet.
Assisted Living isn't an option, cause she is going to end up in a wheelchair sooner than later. Just too wobbly on her feet to be left alone to walk around on that walker now. I think I am gonna order a small cheapo wheelchair from walmart (yea the sell online LOL) so I can take her out to stores. She can't do dollar stores or any store with me anymore now, she can walk long at all so she doesn't wanna go, but with a wheelchair I can take her out to wally world and we can just get out for a bit, she would enjoy that. She likes to be out and about. OK enough on that crazy stuff.....I tell ya, the uncertainty of it all just is making me bonkers. But one thing I will do is take her longer than the 3-4 day visits I do to break up Greg's time at her house. Bro needs more down time so I will start taking mom for at least a week and that gives him a good break at his house. OK, again, enough of that HA

kid says she got sore throat. yea right. Her classes are SO easy she is straight A, starting to get bored as hell too in those classes. Told her today she can have off, but this is not going to become a trend ugh, here we go LOL

be good all
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-21, 09:32

BF:

Good Morning! Another sunny and warmer day! Going to hit 71- might bring out the shorts!

So the interview was a BUST. It did not feel right and the lady was SO rude. Granted she is just the HR lady. But she ask about salary and I said: Well what you posted is fine. So then she said: Oh yeah well we knocked that down by 20k because we can.
I said do you not take into consideration education and experience. She responded NO- we don't care, it's whatever our budget is. WOW- PASS..............

Trig- Girl you got alot going on. Again is your momma ok with everything going down about her???????? I wonder how SHE FEELS??? Most likely a bit relieved it's you!

Yup you are right- fish and LC veggies is my sweet spot!

Bummer on the sore throat with kiddo. She is going to LOVE collage! She might actually be challenged! Has she decided on the in state VS out of state?

NIC
- I LOVE you have a paint and sip this afternoon. Sounds like you are settling in beautifully!!!! I am not huge into crowds either.

Dog park- you have to have a nice clean one with space! There is a great on in Atlanta at Rabbit park. But the ones here are small. So the beach is his playground. I can take him off leash and let him run! Very cool yours is nice!

What is your weather there?

Lori- - thought of you yesterday when I had to go to the phone store. My phone would not charge and I was down to 8% and it has not gotten above 30 % in weeks. So I sucked it up and went. turns out it was a 25.00 cord. WHEW- I just am not ready for a grand K new phone. Maybe after I start getting some cash flow!

I would have a hard time with a pet that consistently gets up at 430! NO way! This boy sleeps when I sleep and will go until 730 then he starts moving around and I get up with puppy kisses until I can't stand it and get up! HAHAHAH
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am in the mood for chili today. Kinda cool out and ready for some chili! I will use turkey to lighten it up a bit!

Todays Goals-
30+ minute walk (beach of course)
writing
Make chili
1 hour to job hunt.

Tomorrow it is suppose to be even warmer. I was thinking about hitting up the village and seeing all the decorations the "town" is putting up.

Another of my "neighbors" rolled in this morning! This is a older couple. He looks a bit more frail than I remember him. but hey some fresh sunshine and a rum drink will do him wonders! His golf cart was pulled out of storage and waiting on him this morning. He was surprised and happy to see me!
Yup- we are getting the group back. Trickling in!

Feeling good today! Sunshine and sand does WONDERS for me!

Back later.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-21, 12:59

BF:

Trig- I need to go to a salon and have someone figure out what to do with my hair too. It just does not nothing for me at all anymore. I think the texture and so forth has really changed.

It makes me happy that your relationship with your Mom is so good and that you know and honor your dad's words. It sounds like maybe your bro Greg was just overwhelmed and hit that burnout point, but after venting and getting it all out, he felt better, ya know? Your plan to keep your Mom for longer to give him more breathing space is a good one.

LOL on your DD, starting to get bored with school again. At least she had a good post-Covid run of liking it! It's about time for college apps and stuff not too far down the road. You are almost there!

Jaz, I'm sorry the interview didn't go better. At least you know ahead of time rather than being with another company that you dislike.

I'm glad you are happy at St Simon and your peeps are starting to roll in. That will be fun!

You have much warmer weather than we do, which is to be expected. We are having highs in the mid 40s to low 50s.

Lori, the transition over to a new device can be tough and yeah, things do get lost! ugh! Is it much faster though? New capabilities?

Are you happy with your new hair cut and color? Enjoy your down time while the house gets cleaned.. that is the best!

••••••••••

DH is coming! He and I were chatting yesterday and we decided that instead of me going to MD this weekend (as I had planned for appointments) I would move/drop them and he would come here. This makes us both really happy. He was sad he wasn't making it to DE and I have been missing him, so this way we can get a little time together. Hooray!

This is by far the longest stretch that I have been here. I came up on Saturday evening and will be staying here until Dec 14th. That is crazy! But then I won't be back here until January.

I am getting more and more comfortable with DE. I can navigate to several areas now without using GPS- if you could see what the area around here looks like, you would know that is quite an accomplishment!

The visit with DD's ILs went well yesterday. They are very nice people. I am always surprised at the age difference though, SoIL's dad is 77 years old. My Mom is turning 80 this year! His Mom is around 67 or so, I'm 52 and DH is 53. His Mom has been having some health problems so she seems a little older than her age in some ways. But both very nice!

This morning I did a Zoom call with my cousin who lives in Maine. Again, a bit older than me- she is 64. Really a great person though and I enjoy talking with her. It's funny how age differences that seemed SO VAST- she was 18 when I was 6 years old!- are nothing now. Life and issues are life and issues after a certain point. We talked for an hour and a half and by then I was about talked out! lol Gotta refill myself for this afternoon.

Paint & sip is in a couple of hours. I think it will be fun. I'm going to finish this, take the dogs on a good long walk and then not too much longer til I go.

Happy to report that some of this bloat that I put on is coming off. I still have a ways to go, don't get me wrong. I went to town in the worst way when I could not walk and do stuff. But at least the tide is turning!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-21, 05:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Ho hum.....another day. Up early and I'm going to head to the grocery store this morning and also The Dollar Store for some wrapping paper. I don't need much paper as I'm doing mostly gift cards, but I make DD & DDIL "treasure" boxes and I'll need to wrap them. I have all kinds of stuff to put in their boxes and they love them. I enjoy doing them too.

Yesterday I went and hung out at Starbucks for about an hour. OMG.....it was SO freakin' cold in there! Either their heat is broken or they are really trying to discourage people from hanging out for very long. Brrr. It's a shame, because it's a nice place to kill some time, but not when it's like sitting in an igloo! Not many people there.....no wonder!

I'll pop back in later and see what you all are up to. I went to bed hungry last night, so I'm ready for an early breakfast. Time to go dig something up.

Have good days!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-21, 06:02

BF:

Lori we got the treasure boxes also. They always had every single thing in them we used and liked. Every year Dad made sure I had cashews in that box, I sure loved them Funny thing is by the time you are done making a box for someone, heck you can have alot of $$ in them LOL

Nicco, you too on the hair? yea my texture has changed in that my volume is like gone. I can't get my volume back, maybe if I get some layers put in more to give it some fluff, plus that weirdo shingles area my hair is coming in like a crazy wavy off center type thing, not a fan HA

Cool your DH can make it!! Long stint at the vacay home. Very nice. I know you are enjoying that!!

Jazz, that HR lady actually said that to you? We knocked it down 20K cause we can? HELL I would report her! What a &^%. And that is what life is out there, humans not giving a flying fig about workers or anything. See it everywhere, your job search is just showing you more of how lousey employees are treated

--------------have to hit store for bread. hubby said get me bread, we got none. I am like, who cares? not me HA
So to little store I go later and will try to get me some country pork ribs for today

nothing much doing

ordered a 'transport wheelchair' for mom. Waiting for delivery.
Small and easy but not motorized, just to push her around store and to have if she really needs it in the house for any reason.

other than that just chillin' and I mean that literally...damn cold

be good all
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-21, 08:24

BF:

Good Morning- going to be another WARM and SUNNY day. I know this is going to sound really bad............. it just not "FEEL" like Dec. Holidays. It feels like Spring. I however, am NOT complaining.

Total beach day after 2 hours to the job hunt. Just a gorgeous day!

Lori- - LOVE LOVE the idea of "treasure boxes!" I might have to stop at the Dollar store as well!!!!! AWESOME- Thanks!

Urghhhhh on Starbucks and being so cold. I just hate being cold! I wonder if that was intentional. People are FREAKING out over the fact there was ONE case of that new covid virus in CA. Sank the markets yesterday! Speaking of Starbucks- I need another bag of peppermint coffee. My splurge!

Trig- - YEs that rude lady actually said: We dropped the salary because we can. Everyone is leaving the hospitals and everyone wants to work from home. So yea.......... you are so right. companies do not care about employees.
We as a country do not support people working anymore period. OMG I could whip out the soap box here. But I will quietly back up and be quiet.

So when is all the transition going to happen with your mom? All the housing stuff takes time! Is she happy about it all? Did you pick up a "lightweight" WC? Don't forget a seat pad so she does not have skin break down!!!!!

Yeah I know it is cold in your area! It's funny just 6 hours north Atlanta is FREEZING! My kids in SC are freezing!

Did you find your steaks?

Nic- Yay on hubby coming to stay a bit! You know even being in paradise it can get lonely if you don't have anyone you know or family close.
How was your paint and sip?
Have the kids stayed at the new place lately?

Very cool about your cousin. you know time does have a way of working out and age differences don't make much of a difference as adults! What cracked me up is you on the PHONE for over an hour! I am on the phone daily with family for long periods of time so it's nothing to lose an hour chatting. But I am a chatty person anyway! Well until I get tired or first thing in the morning. Then I am pretty quiet and talking bothers me. HAHAHAAH

Are you cooking for yourself? Glad you are losing the bloat! It feels great doesn't it - That "thinner" feeling!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I "should" try to hit of Target today for a few things. but the weather is just stellar and the last thing I want to do is be inside!

I have salmon for later- and picked up some rum, and watermelon/lime sparkling water and a fresh lime for later. Drinks on the patio- Happy Hour! I could take it to the pool too! Today is both a great beach/and pool day!

Ok- back at later!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-21, 17:37

BF:

Lori- I want to know some of the things that are going in the treasure boxes. That is a good idea but I do bet it can really add up- like stockings do!

Trig- you've shared a couple of memories of your dad the last couple of days- very sweet. I love hearing them. I know he was very special to you.

Good idea about the wheelchair for your Mom. It will open up more opportunities for you guys to do things together when she is with you.

Jaz- I bet it was beautiful there as it was 65 here!
Did you get to the beach? To the pool?

•••••••••••••

Yeah I do cook for myself. Pretty basic and simple stuff- I'll roast chicken thighs or chicken quarters, cook steak, whip up some tuna, deli meat, throw together a salad- that kind of thing. I also store some things like chili, taco meat, meatballs etc in freezer containers to pull out from time to time. I pulled out some chili this week and had some yesterday.

Took the dogs to get their nails trimmed today since we are staying put for another 10+ days. Then I took them to the beach for the first time! Sophie liked it (remember, she can't hear) but Bella was pretty freaked out if we got anywhere close to the water. I'm not surprised- she is not a fan of things like the vacuum and the ocean is pretty loud. But we walked on the beach a bit and also along the boardwalk.

Other than that I just bebopped around today.

The Paint and Sip was a good time. I talked to the people at my table and enjoyed the painting and did a decent job this time around! I did drink a little bit and my face really reacted. Usually a bit of wine is ok but I was red, red, red this time! I just gave people a heads up about it when I could feel it starting- I find it better just to be open about it and that way people don't worry I'm about to stroke out!

Dh comes tomorrow! Yay!

On plan since Monday- go me! It will be more challenging with Dh here and going out to dinner but I'm going to try to do well.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-21, 06:51

BF:

Good Morning!

I was like a zombie yesterday from being up SO early. DH asked me if I wasn't feeling well, but it was just a so, so tired feeling. Feeling much better this morning after staying in bed till 6:30. I can handle getting up at 4, but 3 is just not an option.

Today Betty is having visitors from the Civil War Museum in the State Capitol. She is sort of a local history expert, plus her house is a freakin' museum! Anyway, DH will spend the day there with the 2 guys coming to talk history and I'm in charge of bringing them lunch later. Yesterday I went and got the drinks and paper goods and made the chip dip that Betty loves. I also have to change her bed while she's up and meeting with her guests. That's it for me.

Nic....I put all manner of things in the treasure boxes for DD & DDIL. There will be snacks, some lotions/creams, fuzzy socks, hair ties...could be small kitchen gadgets, sometimes jewelry. Whatever I find during the year. Yes.....it does add up to some $$ for sure, but it is their only gift, so it's ok. My DDIL is so cute when she opens hers. She says this is the gift she looks forward to most every year. This year DD will have an additional gift of some pretty solar "stick" lights that she can put out around her pool. I just thought she would like them.

Jaz.....Sorry the interview was a bust the other day. Doesn't sound like a company you want to get involved with anyway. Something will come up. Meanwhile, enjoy your friends and beach time.

Trig.....Hope things are progressing with your plans for Mom. I know it's hard. I'm sure she understands that you all only have her best interests at heart.

---------

I'm just hanging out this morning and waiting for DH to call and tell me that they are ready for lunch and what they want. Most of the day will be just doing what I feel like doing. I'll get a workout in at some point and I think I'll just get us a sub for dinner as I have no idea when DH will be home. It's all good.

Happy Friday!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-21, 08:26

BF:

TGIF- I STILL LOVE a Good Friday!

Lori- how cool Betty is a SUPERSTAR and her house is too!!!!
Very nice of you to make lunch for everybody! What are you making? I would be nervous making food for people I don't know. But you know if somebody made me something I would graciously accept it.
Are you going to "Glam" Betty up before her visitors? My Grandmother always had to have lipstick on. Always. I find I am the same way! Never know "who you might meet!"
HAHAHAHAH

Nic- Your paint and sip sounds very fun. I have a tip for you though. I call it "WHINE for high end WINE". So I noticed that cheap or California wine would Flush me too. I love my wine as you all know. However, I was getting flushed every time and started doing some research. I have found that the sulfates, and pesticides USA puts on the wine does that.
I was reading that other countries can drink all day without the flush. (not that I am advocating a all day bender). they drink differently.
First I now ONLY drink either organic grape or wine from Spain or France, Australia. A good Malbec is usually from Australia. Merlot from Spain. You can buy them at any grocery. Bonterra is USA and is pretty dam good. It does not give me flush or that day after headache.
I notice no headache in the mornings with organic. Tells me that we put CRAP in the wine too!!!!!!! - So drink it - Love it- and go organic!

Ok- Just my research. It paid off for me!

Is hubby there yet or is he rolling in today?

Trig- - Hey there! How are things going? Seems like things were quiet, then the shoe dropped. I know that you got this though. How soon is your mom coming. I know you have a million details that need worked out.
We are here!!!!!!! Always!!!!!!!

Remember to take care of you first!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Today is a putter day. Beach FOR SURE! going to hit 75 and pure sunshine. I have the patio door already open and have changed from a sweatshirt to a regular tee.

I ended up eating left over vegetable soup yesterday and still have that salmon. BUT.....wait for it........ The GEORGIA shrimp is now in season! If you have never had GA shrimp they are huge and taste like butter.
granted I have to "clean" them. But totally worth it. I got a pound and will freeze half.

Getting my walks in!!!! Loving the sun, and sand! Pup loves it too!!! We have so bonded. He is such a wonderful addition to my world! I am a dog lover through and through.

Ok- all going to get a jump on my day! I can't believe how fast these days go. It does not help that the sun sets at 5:22. URGHHHHH- That I can't stand!

Back later gators
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-21, 09:37

BF:

Oh Jaz.......NOT making lunch for Betty's visitors, just picking up from a local restaurant. The only thing I made was the chip dip. I'll just pick up 6 sandwiches and then they can have chips & dip along with vanilla ice cream for dessert if desired. Easy!

Enjoy your beautiful day!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-21, 15:06

BF:

Hi all!

Dh is here! He pulled in around 10 AM. He hasn't gotten much work done but I think he planned for that to happen, though he is working now.

He got here, we chatted and ate a bite, then we went and played pickleball. I played about five games. That was probably a bit more than I needed to! Then I came back and took the dogs for their second walk of the day, about a mile. So, an active and full day, 12 k steps at 4 pm with more to go.

At 4:30 or so we will walk over to the clubhouse (picking up a neighbor on the way) to go to Happy Hour and the Tree Lighting. We'll do that for about an hour, then walk back and go out to dinner. Full day, fun day!

•••••••••

Jaz- I'll have to see if I can discern about the flushing, but with rosacea it seems to be several triggers, with alcohol in general being one. It can be beer or spirits or anything. Wind, cold and sun too and I've been experiencing all of those as well.

I am so glad that Ruger is such a great match for you. That makes me really happy. He sounds like a wonderful dog and by and large his puppyhood doesn't seem that bad at all. I remember getting my ass KICKED with Gracie as a puppy, but I also had kids 2, 5, and 8 so my attention was just shot!

Lori- Heck yeah 3 is not okay! That is not even morning! That is seriously the middle of the night!!

Those treasure boxes sound outstanding.

I hope Betty has fun today. I would think something like that would wear her out.

Hey Trig!

BTW I don't think I told you all my Mom fell a few days back. Maybe a week ago? She broke her shoulder. She was in the hospital a couple of days and now is at a rehab hospital getting some overall help building skills. Honestly she needs that regardless of the break bc she literally does not move through out her day except bed to recliner. Her stamina is extremely poor from lack of activity. Also, her blood sugar was at almost 400 when she was admitted. Sigh.