Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-22, 05:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Not quite as cold this morning, but doesn't feel much better to me. I think it's supposed to get up into the 40's later today.....weird weather.

I got my headlight fixed with no issue yesterday. In and out in under 1/2 hour. Not bad at all. Today I have a Chiro appt. at 10 and then I'll be back home. I don't really "need" the chiro appt, but I go for maintenance every 8 weeks or so.

---------

Jaz.....Hope you can get Ruger in to the Vet this week and get him feeling better. Thanks for sharing the pics of your new digs. It looks so cute.

Trig.....Any luck finding new Drs for Mom? I hope you find someone that she likes and has confidence in. You sure don't want to have her Dr. so far away. Just not handy for appts etc.

Nic.....5 inches of snow & sleet?? Ugh! What a mess. How long are you staying in DE on your own? Great to have a vacation home to go to for a change of surroundings. I think it just recharges you.

I hope your inlaws all come thru covid ok. At least this Omicron variant is not as deadly for most people...especially those that are vax'd. I watch a Dr. from England on Youtube and he says that we are all going to come into contact with Omicron...no way to avoid it now. He feels that this is going to be our path to herd immunity. He is optimistic that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I sure hope he's right.

--------

Be well everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-22, 06:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one
got toe Dr today later, they squished us in which is nice.

have to return shirts I bought mom, don't fit. new clothes are a pain in the azz for her LOL She doesn't really wanna shop anymore so it is 'try it out' and see type buying. shoot me

NOW SHE has another toe doing something weird. I HOPE we ain't having 'going downhill in the feet dept' happening, we shall see.

ugh

ok, chat later, too much crap to handle today
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-22, 08:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Trig
- sending thoughts your way that your mom's toes are fine! When was the last time she bought new shoes? Does she wear shoes? Just a thought about feet.

I buy just about everything online now! Funny story I wanted a new pair of yoga pants and yesterday stopped at a Walmart (on a budget). Anyway, I found a pair I was iffy about. Then I saw the check out line was wrapped around the store and said to myself - NO WAY I'm outta here.
So I get the hit or miss of buying clothes.

Keep us posted about your mom. Is the kiddo back in school?

NIC- OMG on sleet/ Snow and the mess of all of that! I know that area RARELY gets snow........... Very sweet of your son to go shovel! You got a good "boy" there!

Did your hubby get in ok? Did you hear about that traffic on 95???
Glad you are safely tucked in! - Deli meat sandwiches- yum. I used to love those!
I don't eat that at all anymore. But a ham and cheese does sound good!

How long are you staying in DE this trip. Like Lori said it's a nice get away!!!!!

Hoping your inlays get through the Covid - urghhhhh. Do you know which one they have?

Lori- Is your snow gone? I am like you- I want this covid nightmare to disappear! I am SO SO SO OVER IT!

What is on your agenda this week?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yup- today is a trip to the Vet. He looks fine to me today, go figure!
I am taking him anyway! He needs his heart worm and Flea chews.

I am sorta relieved that position in the hospital is taken. That tells me I really didn't want that job. I think my anxiety level would be through the roof right now to go back to the hospital.

I am hoping to hear from some of the remote positions I have applied to. I know competition for those is pretty high right now!

Not much else happening this week. I am planning my time in blocks so I get time in the job hunt/ but me time too!

Made my dinner already. Put salmon in the oven and it's cooling for later and I will have it with a small salad. I am hoping to push that needle down a bit!
Waiting for another DROP!

That is about it from here! Sun is trying to peek out and high's in the mid 60's. All good!
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 06:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Ho hum......another day. I've just sat here and planned out all my food for the day. I haven't been eating enough lately, so planned a bit better to be sure to get in all the protein & calories etc. Keeping my carbs low, of course.

Next on the agenda is to get some laundry going and then have some breakfast. Sometime before lunch I'll get my workout in. This afternoon I'm going to go up to Betty's and change her bed and clean her bathroom etc. That's my day in a nutshell, not that any of you needed to know.

---------

Jaz......How did you make out with Ruger at the Vet? Hope there was nothing majorly wrong.

Nic.....How are things in DE?

Trig.....How did you make out with Mom at the Dr.? I hope it was nothing serious and that she liked the Doc.

--------

Ok, gotta get moving. The laundry pile awaits! Have good days!
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 07:51

BF:

Lori come do my laundry please too LOL

Have you been wanting to do your up and down day eating again? where ya ate more and then less. I think you did ok on that but then again, you are IN maintenance so just an even good eating on your plan should take care of ya!

your day in a nutshell is kinda my day in a nutshell too!!

Jazz, yea I wouldn't take on an in hospital job right now. it is too chaos at this point. I would think too jumbled ya know, not like you would feel in a good secure comfortable work environment. I would keep trying to find online job anything and pay bills til this settles down more and YOU FIND an area you want to stay in and get long term digs. I get that.

Nicco sorry they all got covid and do hope the oldies do ok. yikes. one thing after another for alot of people out there. can't even imagine all the crazy in that home dealing with everyone having it...ugh.

I love good blinds, hope you enjoy your new ones! Blind options can surely make a room look great and gives that good function I like. I am not a 'curtain' person anymore, give me blinds all the time

---------------Momma toes all good. not infected. He said slippers for life now, get out of those crappy tight narrow toed old lady shoes and let the toes breath LOL Just doctor on toes and watch but all good. Dr very nice. But get this....drive up and park right in front of small bldg. What do I see? Stair in front of door and friggin' narrow and tight and alot of them and I am like....a friggin' FOOT Dr place with stairs in front? shoot me HAHA found out ramp in back. Mom can get up a ramp in a walker but coming down is a scary as thing....we tackled the stairs ok LOL

so have to return more crap to wally world. phone case kid wanted, the 12 yr old store clerk sold me the wrong one. I said Iphone 10 XR clear and he sold me Iphone 11 clear....thanks alot 12 yr old useless kid HAha....back I go to return it later. Buying online next and done. I AM SO over friggin' stores anymore, not worth the time truly for me. Click and get correct item, open door and received Yea it is a Karen kind of life

just doing today, nothing big
sun but COLD
will see what trouble I can get into

steak and chicken and burger in the house. eat all 3 or pick 2...see how the day goes
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 09:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I am right with you doing laundry! You can come clean the bathroom though!!!! HAHAHAHA - haha- I will even try some chip dip minus the chips!

Did you ever reorder those shorts in a smaller size?
I forgot what part of FL you are going to.

TRIG- I was wondering about your mom's shoes! There is a new pair of orthotic SLIPPER she might like. On amazon- Almost got a pair myself!

Glad to know though she is all good! - Hey I am hating STORES right now. Long lines, out of everything, and lets not forget $$$$$$ outta sight for junk!
It is not getting better. Tighten the belt we are in for a ride the next year.........

NIC- Hope you are having a cozy time! Does DS go back to his digs on Sat?
------------------------------------------------------------
I SWEAR I would not know what to do if my life was DRAMA FREE......

So, this cottage has a sweet little screened porch that Rugar loves to go sit and watch the birds, stray cats and squirrels. I scanned it for anything he could chew, eat, trouble. So far so good until THIS morning.
I left him there for 5 FIVE FIVE minutes to pee and came back to pull a raisin from his mouth. He sucked on it a few minutes.

So I googled this and FREAKED out. ONE raisin can be lethal. I called the vet.

They told me there was nothing at this point they can do as he didn't SWALLOW it. HOWEVER, he probably got enough "juice that will make him pretty sick in the next 24 hours.

Then they said to watch for vomiting, unable to pee and lethargy to bring him in. Then they said that dogs that develop symptoms only have a 50/50 % of surviving as they go into renal- then systemic organ failure. Treatment is IV fluids for 3-4 days at 1500.00 day and then it's not a sure thing. 50/50. They said they wanted me to know upfront, so IF I had to run him in quick no surprises.

They even said Euthanasia would be an option. THAT SENT ME OVER THE LEDGE. WHO says that right off the rip. I started crying and she said she wanted me prepared. Yet I look at him right now and he is happy as can be. I just can't "go there"

I am beside myself. I am just "waiting". I just can't go though that again with this pup. It would be the end of me. ONE STINKING raisin. Dr. Google is not giving me warm and fuzzies on this either.
But they can't induce vomiting if he didn't SWALLOW it.
I just have to wait. Systems start 6-12 hours after ingestion.

Unbelievable! - I am just now on pins and needles for the next 2 days and then if we get past that point I will feel pretty good about it! Fingers crossed. Sighhhhhhhh I swear he must have gotten it behind the couch!

Other news- I am staying here though March 1st. Takes some pressure off to scramble for another place at end of month. I am really working to find something that would be a good fit work wise.

I heard a guy on TV yesterday doing a motivation for the day. WAIT FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. He was talking about relationships. but it easy be applied to life choices as well ya know!

Gotta run out and get a few things at the grocery! wearing a mask again as LOTS of covid here!

Stay well, Stay happy, and enjoy your day!!!!!!
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 11:23

BF:

I got this off the net: It is unlikely that one raisin would be enough to kill a dog, but in several dogs that are particularly sensitive, it is possible that even a small amount can be very serious.

I think if he didn't eat any more hopefully and ya got the one he sucked on....I think you guys might be in the clear.

Heavens Jazz, a raisin on the floor from other renters? Don't they vaccuum or something, my gosh

Let us know what happens. Sending good vibes

Super glad you are doing another month. You need some time to not be pressured to figure out next move, plus you need something more permanent, you gotta be getting flipping tired of moving Take your time tho, you will figure out your next move.

and yes, the world is in major flux and chaos still, worse is still coming, none of this is over by far.

I am just waiting it all out, doing my thing and if I can't buy something, who cares, I dont need it HAHA
  #203   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 13:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- First, I am sorry to hear about Ruger. However, I swear sometimes I think it is just better to not know things. My dogs literally scarfed up every single thing my kids ever dropped, ever, from their high chairs. Stole food off their plates etc etc. No doubt COUNTLESS raisins and anything else were consumed. Not to mention, back in the day ALL the leftovers and scraps used to be given to dogs right off of people's plates. I never knew to be concerned or worried, so I just wasn't. Sometimes the dog would puke or get the runs or whatever, but we just assumed they got into something. So are dogs more sensitive? I mean, we are more aware but are dogs getting sicker or are we more proactive in getting them care or what?

When we first got Bella from the shelter, for the first year she definitely would get into stuff. Once she ate through numerous packets of dry hot cocoa mix. No issues, thankfully. lol Even I knew that was not ideal! She also ate jello packets, a half of a roast, all kinds of stuff. She was such a brat!

Anyway, I hope it is neither here nor there and hopefully that will be the case. What did the vet say about his ears?

Trig- I'm glad your Mom's toes are fine. I was LOL'ing and shaking my head along with you about all the steps at a podiatrist's office, of all places!

Are you noticing any changes from getting stricter on your all-meat plan?

Lori- So glad the Dr made an offer and that went through, and you guys can put all of that behind you! Very happy for Betty too! Good news all around.

Hope you get all your laundry done. I am a weirdo- I never mind doing laundry.

I think you are right about the Omicron variant. That being said, it is sort of kicking my SIL's, BIL's and MIL's butts. They are more congested/coughing etc than the rest. Affects everyone differently I guess.

ALSO edited to note (yes I'm working backwards-) my BIL and SIL did not get the booster. The old folks did. The olds boosted folks are faring better than the younger, non boosted folks.

(edit- came back to this several hours later- my nephew who goes to NU just tested positive on his test before he returns to college so he is now delayed and his younger brother has to stay home from school for a week. This is the OTHER of my BIL's families- not the one who is all currently sick. Just nuts!)

On another note, blinds and shades etc are now in! Yay! Gives the house a more complete look and will keep the light out in the master at night time/dawn.

Apparently there is another weather event coming through but little is expected. Fingers crossed! This is not supposed to happen out here, from what I've been told!

Ok giving up and posting. I've been working on this off and on for the whole day!
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 13:37

BF:

Update:
I was so up set with what I read and what the Vet said I pick up the pooch and we went to the beach.

So far so good! I think we dodged that bullet (knocking on wood). I stopped listening when they said putting a dog down. I am not over Bella- WRONG thing to say to me with a puppy.

Anyway- So far- day is slowing improving and the sun is out, beach walk in. Back here now and we are doing well.
About to make some crack slaw with turkey ( to lightened it up) then browse the internet.

Yes- I am very happy to have another month here. It is perfect for me in many ways!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my first post- I was pretty scared. The VET did not help things.

- moving on and watching him closely.

Hope you all having a great day

Edited: NIC- cross posting. Your post made me smile!!!!!!

PS- ear infection- got medicated spray.
  #205   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 18:49

BF:

Last check in of day-

So I am sorta ticked that the VET/ got me so worked up. Yeah I get that he COULD HAVE had an issue. And Dr. Google did state that SOME dogs are hyper sensitive and COULD die over 1 raisin.

but they way they spoke to me - about bringing him in under duress and possibly having to put him down I am so upset. WHO DOES that????

Good news he is feisty as ever and we are good! My wingman is here at my side and not leaving anytime soon!!!!!!!!! Love this little guy.
So grateful we are good. I was too worried..........
The THOUGHT of losing another dog.................

But no.... we are fine.

So tomorrow I am putting head to grind....

Today I was not focused. I went to the beach for the day! It was awesome.

Beautiful part of living here.

Ok- just wanted to check in. and say we are good!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is a new and bright day
  #206   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 06:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke to a couple inches of snow. Winter is rearing it's ugly head for sure. It's supposed to get very cold for the coming week too....yippee.

I'm not sticking my nose outside today. I'll do my workout and take a hot shower and be cozy all day. I'm expecting a package from Amazon that will include a DASH egg bite maker. I'm planning to make some egg bites for lunch with some bacon and Gruyere cheese.....yum. I paid way too much for a piece of that "special" cheese and I don't even know if I like it! How bad could it be? I need to incorporate more eggs into my diet, and I thought the egg bite maker would be an easy way to do it. You can make other things in it too, so it'll be a new toy to play with for a bit.

----------

Jaz......Glad to hear that Ruger is doing fine. I was just amazed at your post yesterday and what the Vet said. I have never heard of that dogs and raisins thing! Talk about the Vet having an alarmist attitude! Yikes! I agree he should have just told you to watch for any symptoms and not immediately jump to worst case scenario!

You are so lucky to have the beach nearby. I can't wait to just sit and watch the waves again. It's been too long.

Trig & Nic.......What's up?

-----------

No plans for the weekend around here. More weather coming in on Sunday...freezing rain and then changing to all rain. A mess. Then the really cold weather gets here. 10 degrees overnight....too dang cold. I want to be at the beach with Jaz!!

Stay safe everyone!
  #207   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 07:51

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I will tell ya to hit up the beach in 15 minutes or less IS a blessing. I tell ya something about the waves and water is just a mood booster! I don't know how you do it! Although you do see the SUN!
When I was in Ohio- it ranks 3nd most cloudy state and we would go WEEKS without sunshine!

Good plan to have a work out video. Have you seen those mini trampolines? they are making a comeback in the gym. They were very popular in the early 80's because I had one! But they are returning to this NEW generation! I was actually thinking of getting one once I get back in a home situation. It think it would be low impact to the knee. Check them out!

Do you have to shovel?

Trig/ Nic- hello!!!!!!!! Waiting for check in! Hoping you are having great day! Nic- does DS leave tomorrow? \
----------------------------------------------------

Going to only be 56 here today. Then next chance of rain rolls in Sunday.

So today I am going to make a vision board of sorta. Just sorta put down on paper my goals for this year!
THEN- what it will take to turn them into reality. So really making my goals more focused.

Really not planning to go anywhere today. Just sorta hang in and do some writing, and job hunting. I do want to get a walk in though.

Meal- salmon, broccoli or small romaine salad.

Have a good one

PS:- Yes Ruger is FINE. - I don't know why the VET said what they did. I will say something next visit because I feel that approach was so uncalled for! Anyway- he is doing great.
  #208   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 20:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all, quick check in with more tomorrow.

Chris leaves tomorrow- Rob takes him back to MD and he will catch the train there. I was realizing that I have had one or more 'kids' with me since the 15th or so, so over three weeks straight. Definitely ready for some space and quiet! None of them are a problem but I am ready for 'normal' life to resume again.

Trey just left the MD house for his college town today and is back in his apartment.

MD got a decent amount of snow again- I think about 5 inches? DE got a coating and some ice but nothing bad and nothing that needed shoveling or anything. Still, it was a mostly inside day outside of walking the dogs. SUPER cold and windy out today so walking them I had just my eyes showing. I need a good scarf!

I'll write more tomorrow.. I will finally have the house to myself. I am so excited!
  #209   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 05:28

BF:

Good Morning!

A balmy 13* this morning. Good grief! We have at least one single digit night coming next week. I wish I didn't have to go out today, but I need a few things at the meat market and I have some laundry for Betty that I need to do at the laundromat. I'd rather hibernate!

DH will be outside quite a bit today, but he doesn't mind it(weirdo!). They are having the fire company flood the ice rink at the recreational park where he works part-time and he's "in charge". They pump water out of a creek that runs thru the park and he'll have to keep stopping by to check the pump and turn it off this evening. Sounds like a PITA to me!

I'm still on edge wondering if DSis and I will be able to go on our FL trip. I hope so. The only place we'll be close to many other people will be on the plane. We have good multi-layer masks to wear. At the resort, we will primarily be outside....even the resort restaurant has an outdoor option. We also can just stay at our high top table at the tiki bar and eat. The food is SO good at this place. We will probably be living on appetizers as that is our fav food. I hope we don't have to have Covid tests before getting on the plane. I haven't heard that you do for domestic flights, but it may be coming. Sigh.

That's it from here. I'll force myself to go out later, but I'm in no hurry.
  #210   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 06:42

BF:

Nicco, your new normal, no 'kids' to deal with and having your own time with DH and your new routine of hitting the DE home! Oh yea I get ya on that one!! Everyone out of your way right? HA

your winter is sounding icky kinda. snow is a bad 4 letter word for sure.

Lori, yea you guys should be ok for FL trip in Feb. Precautions and like you said, outdoors alot, distance and more and just smart moves and I think you guys will do well.

ice rink and the creek and DH loves it! I get it, my hubby is off moving vehicles from one dealership to another early this morning for salesmen and I said don't ya freeze and he said, nope I love it. OK go for it LOL

Jaz glad your pooch is ok
meds for ear should get him fixed soon which is good

enjoy your beach life. chill out a bit when ya can. get the duck thoughts in a row on how ya wanna move forward and just go with the flow we go with the easy flow of life then we got life easier and more balanced, buck up against it time and time again and we got drama and crazy and chaos. I am learning to go with the flow alot and I am liking doing just that!

-----------all good
Toe Dr. had fancy expensive shoes that will work for mom. Not too bad considering they fit them to her literally and will work with her toe issues and lower circulation she is having in feet now. Only like 200 for a good pair of outside shoes and will get him to recommend or get for us a great pair of indoor slipper shoes for her. I can't just buy shoes for her, don't work that way anymore LOL

hubby working job and loving it but damn they are abusing him like crazy but the manager lady told hubby to add extra money for his work on some jobs he did and she is watching out for him being tortured. So many NOW rely on him as 'an employee' which he is not and he is eating it up being busy in a good way which is cool but damn ya know but at least manager lady and him are good and she makes sure he gets paid more decent for the BS they all are putting him thru.

me, bored. just 'being a babysitter' in a way but a good way ya know. Have to call retirement home and be sure room is clear now and I can get her stuff moved in and get this room READY for her to use sooner than later. I can't do 24/7 care for too darn long in that I realize as much as I can do it, my life is locked in hamster wheel doing it so........I will move forward with days at retirement place and bring her to go out or bring her here for a few days change of pace. I think I can do a very balanced good life for her and me at the same time.......so thinking along all those terms of moving forward.

pork chops first meal.
hubby/kid/mom want ribs and brisket from fav bbq place. Don't gotta twist my arm to eat a rack of ribs later

fine day everyone