Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-20, 07:14
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

The food, the exercise, the rest, the attitude. For me, it's all about balance.
I don't have to belong to "the clean plate club."
Easing into Moderation.

Considering that my pain level was so high I could barely walk and that now I have no pain.............priceless!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-20, 08:11
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/237.2/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Goood Morning all!

After a week off of work, getting back into the swing of things is keeping me busy. Long days and tons of emails and meetings, so not much time to check in here.

Food is good, but eating too much cheese in the evenings. Need to quit watching TV and snacking.

Tea w/HWC this morning.
Salad with Turkey for lunch
Pizza Calzone for dinner is the plan.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 00:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi folks - I hope everyone's doing well. I had a nice salad for lunch yesterday, then zoodles with meat sauce for dinner. Pretty fast and easy, definitely delicious.

I'm hoping I can keep dodging holiday junk food. It's easy so far, but I'm afraid the coworkers will decide to have a "party" on our last day working for the holidays. If we do, I'll put together a deli platter.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 06:34

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 235/224/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good morning everyone.

My meal choices yesterday were not the best. I am taking one day at a time and today I WILL MAKE BETTER CHOICES.

Glenda- I am very happy for you. I also believe that the key is finding balance. I am a work in progress and I can't wait to find that balance too.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 07:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

thinking 8/34

on plan and doing wonderful. omg the cold tho. being a hot weather lover, this darn cold is starting to truly shut me down. Worried I am gonna hibernate literally all thru winter...ugh. but fortunately the seasons change and I get moving again LOL

lowjax, yea cheese. has casein in it which can easily be an addictive issue for many. Dairy is a fine line on how well a person does on it or how much it draws them in to crave or just might be sensitive to it. I had to limit cheese intake for sure on zero carb. Luckily I do fine on some but have to be watchful cause it is a snacking type over eating type food I hear ya on that one! And bored eating while watching mindless tv, I so get that one too!!

food was 1.25 lb NY Strip steak. Some sausage. 1 big chicken breast. 1 last leftover big country style pork rib

just cruising along. all good in my world right now.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 09:14
Think, then Eat.

BF:

I'm somewhere. Wandering around on plan. No clue what day it is.

Good day yesterday. Food was on track, but the pizza calzones didn't work at all. Will have to try another crust.

Today is coffee w/H&H for breakfast. Lunch will be Turkey Soup from last night, and dinner tonight will (probably) be Italian Beef Ragout. I've been trying to get this made for about a week, but it takes 2 hours and my evenings have been busy.

Cheese...cheese...wonderful cheese!!! I do better when I don't eat as much. I'm thinking I need to get my dairy intake reduced. But I love my creamer in coffee and tea and I love my cheese and I love creamy sauces, soups, and condiments. And no, coconut milk doesn't adequately substitute and neither do the nut creamers. I guess being born and raised in Wisconsin and having fresh dairy at my disposal has something to do with my tastes.

Nice job planning ahead Kristine on the holiday party. Since I'm working from home, no worries about that here. I hope they behave and don't try to shove food at you.

Have an awesome day, everyone!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 06:29

BF:

awesome day back at ya lowjax!

Wisconsin, well now I understand the cheese you love so much LOL

Holding plan well. Just zero carbing along. Eating a bit less now. My appetite goes ravenous to lower and lower and right now I am in lower mode. Which is fine, being so nourished and satisfied and not one bit hungry is a great way to get thru any holiday season! So yea it helps me.

Just cruising along and I think we are 8/33 if I am remembering right.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 06:41
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Hey Karen!

It is nice when our appetites cooperate with us and we aren't ravenous for no apparent reason. Definitely a help to get through the season so we aren't hungry when people foist junk upon us.

Still going along on plan. There was no cheese snacking last night as I went to bed early. Just tired for some reason. Just be the darkness of the winter setting in. The older I get, the more the darkness seems to bother me.

Food should be ok today. Breakfast is coffee w/H&H. Lunch will be leftover turkey soup, and dinner will be beef something.

I just re-counted (using both my fingers and my toes) and I think we have 30 days left after today. For myself anyway. I was shooting for Monday, Jan 4th as my goal date, so I guess That makes 28 days plus this coming weekend.

Who knows, maybe this thread will have it's own life and be something we can come back to during different holiday seasons down the road.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 08:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
Hey Karen!

Just tired for some reason. Just be the darkness of the winter setting in. The older I get, the more the darkness seems to bother me.

Who knows, maybe this thread will have it's own life and be something we can come back to during different holiday seasons down the road.

yea that is true. a personal challenge thread be it thru holiday time or ALL the time is a good accountability thread for sure!!

I think winter and darkness is surely a key thing for us cause our society civilized lives fights against it. we don't 'live sun up to sunset' like normal nature does for the world that lives that life....not talking nocturnal critters here

we battle to 'make time and nature' suit us and at some point it fights back in our bodies and can drag us down.

I feel it too. Dark at 5-6 at night feels like friggin' midnight to me real fast and the evenings feel so long then. I get it. I feel the same way on that and COLD weather makes me tired anyway LOL I am a sun lover so dreary cloudy cold days just take the ummppft out of me.

always something we battle against I guess
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 16:00
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Hey all! How is your weekend going?

Finishing up some turkey soup for lunch today and then have some sirloin steak tips in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.

Not a lot going on today, just relaxing after a long work week.

Hang in there everyone. We are almost 1 week into December. You go this!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 16:06

BF:

doing good here. how many days is our countdown I am on plan and steady. no holiday troubles here and I won't allow there to be any

food is leftover pork, leftover chicken I had, 1 lb. ribeye steak, some sausages and hmmm........dinner don't know yet but thinking another 1lb. steak, NY strip. been hungry today
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 19:25
Forum Moderator

BF:

Karen and Jeff, I get mixed up on the 'days until Christmas', too. We need one of those childrens' break-open advent calendars, except with bacon instead of chocolate.

...and I can definitely relate to the cold/darkness intolerance. I want to win the lottery and buy a winter home somewhere tropical. I'm definitely not one of those Canadians who "loves" winter and skiing and ice fishing while wearing a plaid flannel lumberjack shirt and drinking a beer and all that BS.

Just gimme a hot coffee and a hot bowl of brown food.

No holiday troubles here, either.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 19:46
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Nothing but sunshine here! I'm enjoying walking in the daylight, although I've already gotten all the $$ for 2020 out of my Medicare Advantage Plan for "steps." The counter starts again on January 1. Winter is the absolute best time of year in Las Vegas. The weatherman claims it was just 60F today, but it felt warmer to me while I was walking.

Today I didn't eat much of anything, but I wasn't that hungry. I have to watch myself or I let my calories drop too low. In the long run, that's not good for BMR. Tomorrow I'll make it a point to eat more volume.

Good luck to all.

In case you didn't visit my J, here's the picture from Thursday's drop in from my DIL. That's me with the dog. How's that sky!
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 23:10
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Nothing but sunshine here!
I'll be booking my flight as soon as they reopen the border; have the barbecue and steaks ready.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-20, 06:41

BF:

Kristine, yea a bacon advent calendar would be great for our countdown LOL Love that!

Any place hot and tropical to boot! oh yes please! I have done ice fishing and skiing definitely in a flannel shirt with a beer in hand HAHA but only a very limited amt of it, life for me truly is hot sandy beaches and the ocean. I love 'winter' for about a week or so then I am SO over it. too funny!!

hanging on plan easily and all good heading thru the holidays!
ticking down the days!