Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 05:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

12 appt for dentist

want this over with and done.

reading along but go no ummpffft to post much LOL

check in later and chat up....great day all
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 14:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig-
Glad you are getting in today and hopefully back home now and recovering. Big hug.

Lori- Did you make it out today. I should but I am just not feeling it. The wind gusts are my excuse.

Jaz- I'm sorry that this position isn't all you want it to be. I think sticking it out for a while is a good plan though, getting some money in the bank and heck, good coworkers go a long way. Then you can decide if travel nursing is something you want to think about again or not.

It's almost Friday!

•••••••••

Just been hanging out today. DD and SoIL are coming over for dinner tonight and DH is bringing home takeout. Then we are all going to do the Disney Family Singalong tonight. I am making them!

I have been a slug today- showered, put my sweats back on and here I sit. Not hating it today!
  #738   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 16:00

BF:

Nicco I am slugging it also! feels good actually!!

hey all
came thru good. My dentist and his assistant were stellar people, very personable and funny and darn nice. Over in 25 mins. Root canal done, I had the 'good easy' root canal he said and all went off easy. To the tune of $1,660.00---shoot me please. And I don't carry dental so that included my $255 discount for paying cash So it would have been darn near 1900 for 1 tooth. my goodness but it is what it is I guess.

on more meds for a bit and chipmunk face is going down finally. I tell ya I looked awful LOL and told everyone hubby hit me and he said say that again and he will make the other side match that one HAHA

In lala land tho, over and out and chat up later
  #739   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 16:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Home.......

Trig- I feel for you my friend- heal up and feel better!!!!!! Sorry it cost you a pretty penny. Dental care is $$$ anyway you slice and dice it!!!
Even with some insurance.

Tired. Not a great day...... Home in jammies and dog on my lap- she knows. Till tomorrow........
  #740   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 16:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig.....glad the tooth is fixed and it was quick! When I had a root canal, I'm thinking I had to go back 2 or 3 times. Ugh! I know it hurts the wallet, but when you're in pain like that, you'll pay whatever it takes, right? Heal quick!

Jaz....sorry it was an extra bad day. I hope you get a good sleep and that tomorrow is better.

Nic....sounds like you'll have a fun evening. No....I didn't get out today, but I should have. Tomorrow looks awful.

Blue...missing you and hope all is well.

I am stuffed. I made the bean & cheese enchiladas tonight. So good, but what a project! Dicing the onions, poblano pepper, cilantro etc. Then making the sauce in one pot, the filling in another, then rolling them up etc etc. I'm glad they were good after all that!

I hate to see what the scale says tomorrow, but I deserve whatever number it throws out at me.

Be well everyone.
  #741   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 18:00

BF:

LORI- I am going to say I would have joined you in dinner I love beans and rice and cheese. I have to turn my head...or would clear the plate ....... SIGH...... I feel ya. I have no control over food like that- I lap it up like a pup on a bone!!!!!

Hey have you heard of Zwift? please look it up and You tube it!!!!! tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So frekin tired

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Apr-16-20 at 18:17.
  #742   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 18:51

BF:

Jaz.....at least this dish didn't have any rice! Enough carbs with the beans & corn tortillas!

I looked at Zwift.....so it's indoor cycling? I'm not a fan of biking....at all. I find it painful.

Rest well.
  #743   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-20, 20:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Just here to put my (.) down. I have been in super duper writing mode these last 2 days, as well as several confabs w/my co-author. Just finished writing for today and I've been going since morning. But as I have said, when the muse decides to boogey best get your butt right in there behind her.

Reading along, but don't feel like writing another thing right now. Back tomorrow with more chat except for...

Trig---I just exhaled with relief for you when I read you got your tooth taken care of. Yep, density costs a fortune these days, and there's really no affordable insurance for it. But like Lori says, when you're in pain you'll pay it w/out looking back. SO HAPPY you're out of pain. Will say one thing for the money you pay, once they fix it, the pain disappears pretty fast---LOL, just like once that baby is out of you.
  #744   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 04:09

BF:

FRIDAY PAYDAY!!!!!!!

Lori- The Zwift has a walk/ run feature. I don't cycle. But I would be interested in the walk portion of it. I am highly considering it. Check it out. I would be interested in your thoughts on it.
I like the idea of online walkers........ Plus I would be walking with "real" people. I think it's pretty cool. Plus you can meet up with your friends on a path and walk together and see the same things and chat.
Something you and sis could do. Just something to think about. You have a treadmill.

Blue- I hear ya on working until you just don't want to write or talk. I tell ya I am not yet adjusted on this work schedule. It is mentally and physically challenging for me.
I will say I am liking the the physical part of being able to get up and move all around. I do alot of walking during the day, rather than sitting in a cube or office all day.
The mental part- I just need to suck it up.

I am glad you are chugging out that manuscript!!! Do you edit as well? I think you would be a great editor. I could see you peering over your rimmed glasses checking out a writing piece!
HAHAHAH

Trig- I hope you are feeling better! I agree once you get that taken care of it should resolve pretty quickly. Now you need to just finish up your ABX and you should be in fine shape!

NIC- See Lori's post about Zwift. You might like it too!!! I know you are the gadget girl!
Any word on when your hubby might return to work?
They are talking about lifting some restrictions.
-------------------------------------------------------------
They can lift those restrictions all they want- Covid isn't going away. I think at this point the mentality is let it rip and pick up the devastation later. Money always wins.

Today is FRIDAY!!!!!!! I could not be happier. I am on the clock and counting down. I got paid too! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... That is my account!!!
I am now on the other side and restocking that rainy day fund! I know at some point it always rains.

I need to do laundry and shop and clean this weekend. It is amazing to me that for just being me I require so much work!!! HAHA- I have a pile of laundry.
That is ok- I get to hang out at home in yoga pants! I can't wait to get home!

Be safe, stay healthy!
  #745   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 05:04

BF:

Blue, I loved your statement, it is like getting a baby out of ya when the hurt comes and then it is over you had me smiling on that one LOL

hey all
fast one. feeling a ton better. chipmunk cheek is receding.
all going well on that but I got like an achey headache on that side. I guess the infection, pain, driving me nutso etc but hoping I get rid of this kinda headache I woke up with.

Good news.....DOWN 2 1/4 lbs. Yes the I can't eat and in pain diet works all the time HA Hey that is the most I have lost in one time in a very long time and I will take it even tho it sucked getting it. New low again Loving it.

but I woke up starved. Will eat a tenderloin later and hope not to raid the fridge today. Like 3 days of hardly eating anything means I knew I would have my make up eating day, I will watch me today to lock in that loss.

back to chat up later with all once I get some meds down me

loving reading along with everyone.
  #746   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 07:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig....glad you're feeling better. Hope the headache goes away soon. Congrats on the big loss on the scale, but what a way to do it! Ouch! Enjoy some good food today.

Jaz.....looked into Zwift a bit more, but think it does not work on Android phones, plus, I hate the treadmill. Once this weather straightens out, I'll be outside running/walking.

It's Friday....hang in there!

Blue...happy to see you put your "dot" down last night. Sounds like you have some good writing mojo write now.

Nic.....hope your sing a long was fun. I saw some of my FB friends talking about that too.

------

I had good intentions when I woke up as far as my eating. Yeah....that flew out the window when I decided to order from our local bagel place. I have never been into this place and haven't had a bagel in years. Had a sackful of bagels delivered and I sure enjoyed a sesame bagel slathered with butter. DH had a french toast bagel...he said his was very good too.

When will I get back on the horse? Not sure, but so far I am unable to get back in the saddle! I need to keep weighing myself every day to make sure things don't get out of hand. A pound or 2 I can handle....more than that is

Have a good Friday!
  #747   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 15:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Yaaaaay for getting the root canal done and over with. Sorry it was so expensive. Sucks. But teeth are important and worth it.. and reduction of pain and suffering even more so. Congrats on the weight drop too!

Jaz- Super big hugs on a rough day and being exhausted. I feel for you, I really do.

No Zwift for me. No treadmill here. I just hoof it around on my feet with a podcast or audiobook.

Lori- That does sound like a lot of work and even more so for a boxed meal. Those are supposed to be somewhat easier, right?
BTW I agree with you about cycling. Hate it.

Blue- Congrats on getting so much writing done! It is great that you are back in the zone and getting so much out. Yay!

•••••••

So I will be heaving my rotund arse back on the saddle come Monday. At least 90 percent on the saddle, anyway. I have been full on off the saddle and honestly enjoying the heck out of it and now I feel it all on me like a dead weight.

Yesterday was awesome. I am now officially 51 and had the fam to celebrate it in with me. We ordered some amazing Italian food that DH drove quite a distance away to get, and then DD and SoIL baked not one but two homemade cakes. We also played games, I opened gifts and then we did the Disney Family SingAlong all together. I think that was my favorite part of all. Very blessed to have all my peeps with me.

The Gov spoke today. School closure extended to 5/15 which effectively ends it for my Senior. I haven't gotten the email from the Head of School yet but I know the decision was made to cancel exams which I 100% support. I haven't heard what else was decided- the public school system has made it RIDICULOUSLY easy on those kids for the 4th quarter-- turn in 50% of your work and you get a 4.0 in each class for the 4th quarter. I highly doubt T's school will be doing that. Gosh, I wish they were, I am SO OVER IT OMG and he is even worse. It would be so nice to JUST BE DONE.

He will only have 1 AP. I offered to buy him the study guide for it, so he could place out of English in college, and he declined. Whatever. He's my monkey but this is his circus and college will be FULLY his circus academically. I do fear that he will be here for that first semester of college and I don't even want to think about that yet.

I haven't been out walking for several days. It is pretty darn chilly here and windy too. Next week looks much better, thankfully.

For whatever reason this week has been easier. Maybe I am starting to forget what it is to be outside in the world, or forgetting that I used to be alone more?

Anyway, that is it for me. Off plan, will be getting back on plan come Monday, mentally I am doing okay.
  #748   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 15:52

BF:

Nic......Green Chef & Marley's Spoon are not pre-prepared by any means. They send you the fresh ingredients and the recipe. Some of them are more labor intensive than others. Typically takes 30-40 minutes....not bad & good food in the right portions without me having to think too much!

I'm right there with you for getting back on that horse come Monday morning! Saddle up!

Sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was a very happy one!

A lazy day here....again. We had snow/rain this afternoon, just a mess. I didn't stick my nose outside the door again today. I'm doing my part in the social distancing thing.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Apr-17-20 at 16:21.
  #749   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 16:12

BF:

Home, DOT, feet up........
Have a great night!
ROUGH WEEK! So happy to be home!
  #750   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 16:14

BF:

Lori, my gosh, snow and rain? holy Hannah on that one, I have to say we had a stellar warmer sunny day here. cold drops at night but those don't bother me anymore as long as the day heats up fine. big winds right now here tho but that still is better than snow...feel for ya on that one!

hey don't be ordering fancy bagel food HAHA you gotta order some DVDs of yoga sessions and have delivered to your door ….omg if I let bagels come here I would eat every single one of them in a flash LOL

Nicco, interesting on school stuff etc. I haven't heard anything on her school right now. just kinda quiet but if you got info I guess info will be coming down the pike for her soon....they are on 'spring break' right now...give me a break HAHA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 51 is a good age, it is younger than me and anything younger than what I am is a good thing HAHA, glad you had a fine time!

got front and back mowed.
hubby mowed everything else.
I got vacuuming and a few other things handled.

hit grocery, only spent $35. Store stocked well still but except for the few things I did need, I needed nothing else. Will use what is in freezer and pantry now.

on plan, at some tenderloin, omg mouth watering tender and delish. Wanna hit the kitchen SO HARD but holding myself back. I won't go there at all. I won't allow it and will eat my big old pile of shrimp in a bit with a lot of Alfredo for dipping.

Kid stuff around, eyeing it LOL but again, I buy mostly what I hate and she likes so that helps.

Kid's birthday was April 15. I was in bad shape 2 days ago so we kept it low key. She got her Mac and loves it. money from the grandmas. she loves that and already spent close to $100 of that, I ordered online stuff she wanted.

We got her a small ice cream cake she loves. OMG for days I have been wanting it but finally she ate the last little piece and I was so damn close to eating it HAHA but I said, nope, that is hers and hers alone and she is lucky she finally ate that last piece cause that little statement was getting weaker by the moment. omg so happy that sucker is GONE from the house.

all good here....will chat up with Jaz and Blue when they check in