Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-19, 07:30
cotonpal's Avatar
cotonpal cotonpal is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 4,239
 
Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/128/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 106%
Location: Vermont
Default New book by Richard Feinman

Dr Eades just tweeted about a new book by Richard Feinman available for pre-order on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Cr...ition+in+crisis

His first book "The World Turned Upside Down" was a great read.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-19, 10:26
cotonpal's Avatar
cotonpal cotonpal is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 4,239
 
Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/128/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 106%
Location: Vermont
Default

There are numerous endorsements, most of whom we all are familiar with, of this yet to be released book on Amazon. Here's just one of them:

ďI have devoted my medical career to normalizing blood sugars in people with diabetes. This is only possible with very low carbohydrate diets. Dr. Feinman explains why low-carb is wise even for people without diabetes. This canít-put-it-down title is the closest thing to a complete, popular analysis of the biochemistry of human nutrition that you will find and a superb lesson in how scientific studies have been manipulated to prove fiction.Ē―Richard K. Bernstein, MD, FACN, FACE, CWS, author of Dr. Bernsteinís Diabetes Solution and The Diabetes Diet
Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-19, 11:02
CityGirl8 CityGirl8 is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 239
 
Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 237/228/145 Female 5'9"
BF:50.5%/48%/25%
Progress: 10%
Location: PNW
Default

This looks like it's going to be good. Hopefully, it's going to be understandable at a lay-person level, because my science education is lacking and I get lost fast in some of this stuff.

I put in a request-to-purchase at my library. They have a policy where if you ask them to purchase something and they do, they put it on hold for you. So, that would put me at the top of the list for when it's released. They may already have it on their list, but I figure that asking for it also affects how many copies they purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-19, 22:29
LCer4Life's Avatar
LCer4Life LCer4Life is offline
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/129/130 Female 63
BF:33.2/29.2%/24%
Progress: 104%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl8
This looks like it's going to be good. Hopefully, it's going to be understandable at a lay-person level, because my science education is lacking and I get lost fast in some of this stuff.

I put in a request-to-purchase at my library. They have a policy where if you ask them to purchase something and they do, they put it on hold for you. So, that would put me at the top of the list for when it's released. They may already have it on their list, but I figure that asking for it also affects how many copies they purchase.


Our library does the same thing. Some of our property taxes go to our library. They are really good at buying requested books. Iíll request this one too.
Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-19, 01:48
GRB5111's Avatar
GRB5111 GRB5111 is offline
Posts: 2,573
 
Plan: Ketogenic (LCHFKD)
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%
Location: Herndon, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Dr Eades just tweeted about a new book by Richard Feinman available for pre-order on Amazon.

His first book "The World Turned Upside Down" was a great read.

His first book was excellent. Thanks, Jean, Feinman is a must read, I'll be pre-ordering this one.
Reply With Quote
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-19, 09:09
WereBear's Avatar
WereBear WereBear is offline
Posts: 11,037
 
Plan: Epi-Paleo/IF
Stats: 220/159/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 87%
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Dr Eades just tweeted about a new book by Richard Feinman available for pre-order on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Cr...ition+in+crisis

His first book "The World Turned Upside Down" was a great read.


Woot! His first book available on Kindle Unlimited. Downloading now

I think itís great to request the book at the library. This put it on the radar of the Un-Enlighted and is a good deed.
Reply With Quote
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-19, 12:23
s93uv3h s93uv3h is offline
 
Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 000/014.5/015 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl8
I put in a request-to-purchase at my library. They have a policy where if you ask them to purchase something and they do, they put it on hold for you. So, that would put me at the top of the list for when it's released.
Did the same.

Reply With Quote
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 06:23
WereBear's Avatar
WereBear WereBear is offline
Posts: 11,037
 
Plan: Epi-Paleo/IF
Stats: 220/159/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 87%
Location: USA
Default

Reading hus first book, and enjoying it. He has an easy, teacherly, style which helps the science go down.

And guess what? Part of his research was reading THIS board!
Reply With Quote
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 11:28
LCer4Life's Avatar
LCer4Life LCer4Life is offline
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/129/130 Female 63
BF:33.2/29.2%/24%
Progress: 104%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Reading hus first book, and enjoying it. He has an easy, teacherly, style which helps the science go down.

And guess what? Part of his research was reading THIS board!


WereBear, that is awesome. This forum/board has so much to offer and such informative information. There is a FB low carb page that Iím going to quit as the ppl give out incorrect information to newbies and if you correct them, they are rude. 😔. I love all of you and have my java every morning with yíall.
Reply With Quote
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 11:31
WereBear's Avatar
WereBear WereBear is offline
Posts: 11,037
 
Plan: Epi-Paleo/IF
Stats: 220/159/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 87%
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
WereBear, that is awesome. This forum/board has so much to offer and such informative information. There is a FB low carb page that Iím going to quit as the ppl give out incorrect information to newbies and if you correct them, they are rude. 😔. I love all of you and have my java every morning with yíall.


I agree. We are an awesome bunch. I bopped around back in 2003 to find a board I could settle into, and this one appealed to me right away.

Hint hint to all: I joined for no ads so I can support it, too.

In addition, the science talk is top notch. I am very grateful, as this has been crucial in my self-healing journey.
Reply With Quote
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 11:41
LCer4Life's Avatar
LCer4Life LCer4Life is offline
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/129/130 Female 63
BF:33.2/29.2%/24%
Progress: 104%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I agree. We are an awesome bunch. I bopped around back in 2003 to find a board I could settle into, and this one appealed to me right away.

Hint hint to all: I joined for no ads so I can support it, too.

In addition, the science talk is top notch. I am very grateful, as this has been crucial in my self-healing journey.


I love the science talk. I donít always understand everything, but if you gleam one gold nugget you are ahead. Iím reading Grain Brain and have been also reading The End of Alzheimerís by Dale Bredesen. Fabulous books.
Reply With Quote
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 16:56
s93uv3h s93uv3h is offline
 
Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 000/014.5/015 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default

library is ordering the book...



Reply With Quote
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 07:53
GRB5111's Avatar
GRB5111 GRB5111 is offline
Posts: 2,573
 
Plan: Ketogenic (LCHFKD)
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%
Location: Herndon, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I agree. We are an awesome bunch. I bopped around back in 2003 to find a board I could settle into, and this one appealed to me right away.

Hint hint to all: I joined for no ads so I can support it, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
WereBear, that is awesome. This forum/board has so much to offer and such informative information. There is a FB low carb page that Iím going to quit as the ppl give out incorrect information to newbies and if you correct them, they are rude. 😔. I love all of you and have my java every morning with yíall.

I love these observations, as this is where I get the majority of my nutritional and metabolic information to help craft a WOE that works for me. Not to get too off topic, as this is a thread about Feinman's new book, but I am willing to support this forum and have been here longer than any forum I've visited due to the welcoming nature and respect of the people who post here and the depth of information we share. Thanks to all for making this an integral part of my journey of learning how to be healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 10:40
bluesinger's Avatar
bluesinger bluesinger is offline
Posts: 3,810
 
Plan: LCKeto:Optimum Health
Stats: 170/142/135 Female 62 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 80%
Location: Nevada Desert, USA
Default

I'll have to check out the book.

Just so you know, ALL the neurological maladies which can affect the elderly are now being treated with ketogenesis.

Bredesen=AD
Wahls=MS
Perlmutter=Parkinson's

I don't have names to stick with the Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) and the others, but a body running on ketones is the best way we can protect ourselves.
Reply With Quote
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 11:15
WereBear's Avatar
WereBear WereBear is offline
Posts: 11,037
 
Plan: Epi-Paleo/IF
Stats: 220/159/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 87%
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
I'll have to check out the book.

Just so you know, ALL the neurological maladies which can affect the elderly are now being treated with ketogenesis.

Bredesen=AD
Wahls=MS
Perlmutter=Parkinson's

I don't have names to stick with the Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) and the others, but a body running on ketones is the best way we can protect ourselves.


I am currently listening to Dr. Wahl's book, and along with a couple of other books on autoimmune I've read lately, it is a growing consensus that such challenges are all the same disease, simply manifesting in different ways. Ketosis and attention to food reactions are what can improve so many of our baffling disorders that don't seem connected in the current medical model.

It should have a new name: Carb Poisoning.

This topic is a fine reminder of the fact that in his first wife's biography Stephen Hawking learned early on that he did better eliminating sugar and wheat from his diet. Could it have contributed to his extraordinary longevity?

Medical science does not consider that worth investigating. It is dismissed as "anec-data."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:16.


Copyright © 2000-2019 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.