Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-18, 18:04

Plan: combination
Stats: 214/176/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Question I made a video to introduce myself...

I hope that is ok. It is the first vlog I have ever done and I have some serious questions that were easier to talk out (and edit down for time :P).

I didn't want my first post to be loooooong.

My video introduction thingie is here: https://youtu.be/Jxt7vsaZIcg

Thanks in advance for any help and information that you can provide.

Effie
LowCarbMom

(and Prince Fuzzy Butt)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-18, 22:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi low carb mom!
It’s fun you’re practicing your new “hobbies” - low carb and vlogging...

I’m kinda surprised actually no one has done a video-intro here before now that I think of it. However, I for one have very low tolerance for you tube rather than written info (I hate it when I have to watch a 3 min video of instructions to fix my vacuum when I could have skimmed a page of instructions in 10 seconds.)

So when I saw your video was 18 minutes long (!?) ... sorry, I can’t do it.

Write a line or two to introduce yourself.
Then, another post with a question or two. I’d be happy to think contribute if I can.
Also- use the advanced search function and search your main questions/topics...I bet you a kilo of bacon (mmmm) that they’ve been discussed and research noted and ideas tossed around more than once during the years this forum has been around. The answers are there, and you can find them.

THAT all said — Welcome to the forum!

There’s a ton of good information here and very knowledgeable, experienced people who are willing to share and support others on their journey. I hope you stick around and read, search old threads, and find support on your low-carb journey...Good luck on both your ventures!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-18, 12:59

Plan: combination
Stats: 214/176/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

Thanks for your reply Blue Ruby. Yes, I'm aware that my first ever vlog was too long. I have no experience in talking on camera or video editing, so it was a rough start.
The questions are really at the second half, but the main point was my upcoming surgery and whether I should even be low carbing at all due to that.
I am not new to low carb. I have been doing it (off-and-on like many) since the 90s. I lost 60lbs in 2002.
This situation is new for me (surgery and/or recovery) on low carb. Also, my meds and general health have made my ability to express myself a bit wonkie. I feared my typing would be hard to follow. Perhaps I was overthinking it.

I will be continuing my search online and this forum for information.

Edit: Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I searched within subcategories and what I believe to be the top level for the words "surgery" and "operation" to see if anything has been discussed and came up with zero results. I don't think that can be possible, so it's probably me.

Second Edit: I actually found some discussions on this site through outside search engine.

Last edited by LCMomVlog : Wed, Oct-31-18 at 13:18.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-18, 17:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Use the advanced search. The regular search has been disabled but advanced works super well.

I’ve seen discussions on surgery and LC here so I’m sure you’ll find more.

Good luck!