Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 04:32

Plan: Various
Stats: 250/240/160 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Not hungy anymore

Hello! Wanted to ask if it’s normal to not get hungry anymore. I started LC about 9 days ago and I was STARVING Day 1 through 4. Day 3 and 4 I went to bed with the worst hunger pains nearly cried myself to sleep lol. Kept telling myself to push through. Day 5 woke up feeling great and been great ever since. But now I’m not hungry anymore. I ate lunch late at work yesterday because I wasn’t hungry and forgot, also almost forgot to eat dinner last night. I had to force myself to eat. Normal?

I used to live to eat now I feel like I eat to live. Loving it but don’t want to forget to eat!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 05:29

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

YES this is normal.

You wont forget to eat. Moments of hunger in a mild mode will remind you. Not the ravinous kind. Not the drive to eat kind. Just a subtle reminder.

For me, when I was eating once a day for a month, a set meal time worked best to schedule time for food prep and cooking.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 05:31

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi there,
I think it's normal. I certainly feel that way. I eat a very small breakfast and eat lunch at 12.00 and dinner at 19.00 because I am a creature of habit but I am almost never hungry. I could wait till I get hungry but that would screw up my routine. Once I retire next year I'll try pushing lunch further out and take it from there. I don't think you'll forget to eat though. Normally hunger will kick in sooner or later. It is amazing how much we think we need to eat in relation to what we really need to eat to maintain a healthy weight! Anyway, keep it up and enjoy.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 06:03

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi, your appetite will subside on LC, do not force your self to eat, you will get some hungry days, and days when you are not hungry at all, its normal... do not be scared of eating on hungry days as long as its on your plan.. but do not force yourself to eat when not hungry.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: Keto-ish
Stats: 339/286/245 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

We are so conditioned to fill up at meals that it often takes a while to realize what "eat to satiety" actually means. I find myself enjoying the process of cooking and tasting a variety of flavors and textures, rather than seeing how quickly I can shovel dinner down.

On days where I'm doing my 16-8 intermittent fast (basically skipping evening snacks and breakfast), I do have temporary bouts of hunger and stomach gurgling. But it's not unbearable - I think of it like a visiting friend that reminds me what I'm doing and why. It passes after a while, and I'm sometimes finding that I have to remind myself to eat at lunchtime.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 09:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulumae
It is amazing how much we think we need to eat in relation to what we really need to eat to maintain a healthy weight!

Yes!

Thanks all, glad it’s normal. It’s so different to not want to eat.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 09:24
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Why go to bed hungry? That isn't required or even helpful? But yes, the lack of hunger is helpful.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 09:34

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCree
Yes!

Thanks all, glad it’s normal. It’s so different to not want to eat.

A step in the process only recently realized is that composing a lovely meal is when eating to live and living to eat become one as food has become enjoyable again.

It is ok to eat less at a meal, and not stuff full. I also manage the meals so that I dont go super long without eating ( max 24-28) as Im afraid I will binge eat if I suddenly get super hungry. A fail-safe method.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201.2/195.2/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I'm just over two weeks in, and I have noticed a pretty drastic reduction in appetite. I am taking this time to get in tune with my body and learn my hunger signals, rather than eating on a schedule as I have done up until now. It's a process but I think I'm getting better at it.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 10:42

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Yes it is normal and probably the main reason why it is the only WOE that works for me. Hunger is not sustainable for life, though most doctor's diets require it and just set patients up for failure.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 11:59

BF:

I am learning so much, thanks for all the feedback.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 12:38
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

The way I look at it is that it is not normal to be hungry all the time, especially when I had enough of yesterday's lunch packed away in my body to sustain life for a year or more. It is nice to be normal. It is nice not to be hungry multiple times throughout the day. It is nice to have consistent energy all day. It is nice not to have my whole life centered around food.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 12:43

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

When you eat real food, you are satisfying the body, I think.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 12:45

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Yes isn't it amazing, half the time I have to remind myself to eat
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 13:20

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Yes, I had to go through that mental adaptation as well. It's so obvious when you aren't hungry frequently, that you realize it's really the way we're meant to be. No longer having to plan for every meal and snack, no road trips with obligatory stops for food, and no longer having to constantly think about the next meals.