Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
This is not a success story...
Posted by thud123
Posted Sat, Sep-30-17
Male 182cm
Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default This is not a success story...

...this is a simple story about change.

2 years to this date I decided to change what I ate. For me this was a simple decision. Perhaps it can be for you too. My plan was to avoid eating GPS [Grains, Potato(like stuff), and especially Sugar(both Sucrose and Fructose)] I also tracked my weight, Net Carbs (at first attempting to keep under 25), Activity level and and points "Ketones" both in urine and breath. I continue to maintain this daily log here. Things have changed along the way. This is normal. All things are in a constant state of change.

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/daily.txt

I'll boil down what I think into a formula below. It doesn't solve "The Theory of Everything" but it does seem to describe a way to solve a metabolic problem:

ChangeEating*(Wait)=WeightChange.

My success, which is not unusual, if I’ve had any thus far, has been in the Wait I’ve gained, Not in the Weight I’ve lost.

I'd say that "You Can Do It!" but I don't know if that's true. Neither do you if you don't try something, anything, be patient and Wait. Then wait some more.

I wish you the best in finding what you are looking for. I will leave you with some evidence that might lead you to believe that I have traveled the path that you are about to enter. It can be as easy or as difficult as you make it...

As a good teacher said once, "Pushing the wheelbarrow is easy; Thinking about pushing the wheelbarrow is hard"

Feel free to ask any questions you have here, I will do my best to respond.

Be kind. Expect nothing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After

by cotonpal on Sat, Sep-30-17, 08:37

Wow Thud! You've accomplished so much. You may not want to consider this success, and of course it's always a work in progress,
but from my perspective you've succeeded, so Wow!

Jean

18 comments [read all comments]

Article tools