Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 156.4/156.4/140 Female 5'2''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Am I on the right forum?

Hello Everyone

I'm not sure if I have joined the right forum for my needs; I live in England and have been looking for a forum that would allow me to communicate with people who are following the Wheat Belly WOE.
I don't know if I was not looking in the right place but didn't come up with much to choose from; I joined this one because obviously it is endorsing low carb eating but I haven't seen Wheat Belly mentioned as yet - but I am very new so possibly not found the right place yet.

The profile questions assumed that members were already eating low carb but what about people like me who are seriously considering it but haven't taken the plunge yet?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:24

Plan: LCHF/IF
Stats: 268.8/242.4/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hello, and welcome!

You have found a great place for following Wheat Belly or any other LC plan! I don't think there's a separate forum just for Wheat Belly, but many of us follow Dr Davis' advice. I also recently read his new book Undoctored and am following the advice he gives there for supplements.

This is also a great place just for learning how to get started with low carb. There are so many knowledgeable people here who have successfully lost weight and maintained the loss, and who are more than willing to help. So poke your head around in the different forums and threads. There is a ton of information here!

Mary
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

All are welcome here I believe. There are also many fans of Dr. Davis. Here's a good recent thread... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...31&page=1&pp=15
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome

There are many Dr Davis fans here. Here is an older thread when his WB Total Health book was published. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...37&page=7&pp=15
And this one http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=455843

You can ask your questions on this forum, and he also has a number of Facebook WB groups, his own and some fan groups.

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Aug-23-17 at 16:47.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:42
Registered Member

BF:

Hello Mary

Thank you for your welcome - I am so pleased that folk like me who are considering eating low carb or wheat/grain free are welcome on here. I joined one site that again seemed to only be for people who were already following low carb eating and therefore I felt a bit like the odd one out.
But we've all got to start somewhere and I don't want to set myself up to fail; so I thought it would be good to read about other people's successes and stumbling blocks and hopefully get myself some encouragement to commit.
I know I am going to find it mega hard.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:45
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Thud123

Thank you for your welcome.

Is there a specific reason that Wheat Belly doesn't get a mention on this site? I've just been looking around it and came across the different plans but Wheat Belly isn't there which seems odd given it's level of publicity and success.
However it's academic really; if the folk on here know about low carb then that will help me enormously.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:49

BF:

"I know I am going to find it mega hard."

You may find it the opposite too. Once I decided to give it a go it was not hard at all despite all the stories saying that it is. Approach it with an open mind and you will gain something regardless if you follow a low carb approach or not.

I wish you well!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:49
Registered Member

BF:

Hey JEY100

Thank you for your welcome. I'm not on Facebook but when I've looked at his page the questions seem so short and sweet - almost like tweet size - and I don't learn much.
Again I could be not looking in the right place; this site seems so much better in that you can have a proper question and answer time with other knowledgeable and helpful parties.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:51

This forum is about 16 years old, so it has some separate forums for plans almost no one uses anymore and no separate forums for a number of new popular plans. But use the Advanced Search box and you should find what you need.

For the past year, the largest LC website by ranked daily visitors is DietDoctor, and there is no separate forum for Dr Eenfeldt, since we all eat LCHF in some manner. He offers three carb levels in his basic LC diet, and all real food like Dr. Davis.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Aug-24-17 at 02:18.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 16:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPansy
Hi Thud123

Thank you for your welcome.

Is there a specific reason that Wheat Belly doesn't get a mention on this site?

If there was a sub forum for every one that "wrote a book" or claimed to "figure it all out" about low carb this site would be possible to navigate
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 08:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi JEY100 and Thud123

I do take both your points but if you consider my original question - Am I on the right site for me?..... - then you could see how other people could think this site will not cover Wheat Belly protocol because there seems to be no mention of it on the actual site; they could be just like me and think I'd better not join this one because I'm not planning on following any of these specific plans (this is before you have joined and are allowed to scrutinise people's posts).
Do the moderators not update the site at all? I've obviously heard of the Atkins Diet but not the others which are mentioned.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 08:32
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I believe this forum will be helpful for you.

Recently I was part of the Undoctored website, so I had an opportunity to look into Dr. Davis' take on what will bring us to optimum health. Personally, I've been using Atkins to control my weight since 1972. I came to this forum in 2014 and what I've learned here has brought me to my best weight and health in many years.

At age 72, I'm on no medications and all my health numbers are good. I've recovered from the previous damage I did to my liver and my pre-diabetic state. My exercise plan is daily pre-dawn 3 mile walks.

This is how Dr. Davis compares Wheat Belly and Atkins on one of his many blogs: http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2016/...-atkins-better/

Since every BODY is different, we all must experiment to find what makes us our healthiest. On this forum, you can find all the information you need to find your way.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 09:32

From the home page:
Quote:
Atkins diet and low carb diet resources for low-carb dieters and all healthy weight-loss seekers: Research, information, support, recipes, success stories, diet tools and tips for all low carbohydrate diet plans.

I read the Forum on Media and Research almost two years before I joined here. This forum has everything, and even though I follow the WB guidelines, and read his TrackYourPlaque blog before his first book was even published, it doesn't need it's own space here because Dr Davis offers so much himself. He is one of the savviest of LC doctors at using every aspect of media.

His blog is monitored...ask a question in the comment section and one of his admins will answer...they are all good, Bob Niland excellent. There is six years of searchable posts and comments at the website. There are frequent challenges, new one begins September 6. Admins also answer questions on Dr Davis's Official FB page...as does Dr Davis himself. He has answered some of my comments or posts to him a few times directly from his own account. There are a quite a few Fan, Recipe and WB Detox FB pages in addition to the Official FB page...and now he has the UNDoctored site.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Aug-25-17 at 03:14.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 06:52
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Bluesinger

Thank you for sharing some of your personal journey with me. I know now that this site will offer me tons of information, links, support but best of all, personal experiences like yours which are way better than simply reading about different ways of eating LC in a book or on a website.
I was thinking more of other people who may bypass the site for the reasons I have mentioned but hey, ho enough already....
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 06:54
Registered Member

BF:

JEY100

You are a veritable fount of information and I appreciate that dearly.