Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-17, 06:31

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 141/132.6/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 53%

Oh my gosh! I love love all the response here!

Cotonpal- wow! You're a lucky charm! Love hearing that! GOOD for you! Would love to hear you talk more about your successes!

Quick update: not as sluggish. What I realized after more research, reading- I was just eating too much still and I needed to move more. Increased activity, and the coconut oil in the coffee (seriously) has helped. I still can't give up small amounts of wine at night (oh I know, this is probably the biggest staller, right???!) but I have made that smaller as well. And, I too, am losing inches. All ve y slow and I am fine with it! Liz, yes, I have the new book on Atkins as well! Heimowitz references salt two times specifically in the book but it is mostly referring to symptoms of dehydration and not sluggish weight loss....I was a bit tired...it must have been whatever I was going through at the time...next time that happens I am gonna try the broth again! But I am also seeing that your referring to a different new Atkins book ( mine is The New Atkins Made Easy) so maybe I'll have to get that one as well!

Ghoulia! Julia! Love your comments! Yeah 48!!!

I'll read more about electrolytes! Wow, you sound like you're doing excellent, I love your energy!!

Yes! The premenapausaul merry-goround!! That's why I am trying to be positive ("magic") ! I am on day 92 without my period. But this happened before. One stretch was 159 days. I am just going with it.

And, no, I don't have a lot to lose but my body is in poor shape. I don't like the feeling I get when I see myself naked! Right? I am the only one who can change that, I don't like complaining! So I have been doing my workout videos (they are short, like Jackie's 15 mn) with added weights. But slow. And I have a previous knee injury so I work around that as well. Weights! All the dr.s say working out with weights ("weight bearing activity") for gals our age is sooooo important! There's so much more...tai chi, yoga, swimming, oh my!

And Julia- 50 miles a week!! Wwwwwoooow, that's amazing.
I walk to work and more. Walking is my savior.

Water, yes!! Lots. And tea. And I do coffee (as I have said) but I can't stop the coffee. 2 cups. Water makes a huge difference!

Julia, love your novel. We need inspiration and energy and experiences to get through tough times, but this is not too tough. (I say that today.) I AM not giving up. It's working pretty well now. I do crave carbs, mostly potatoes, but I am doing well and not miserable. My energy too, is pretty phenomenal at times. So THANK YOU Julia, this is what I joined for! Gals my age- hearing struggles and success, that's what I love!

Hi Baylor1! Happy 50!
Are you doing induction or phase 2? What kind of excersise?

Werebear! Have you noticed a great difference with the vinegar???
I agree with what you're saying....BALANCE!!! I have also had issues with thyroid (not currently) with onset of premenapause. And anemia. (Also not currently) ALSO, I have read a lot about Niacin and at one time tried (on my own) higher doses and was quite pleased with the results, love to hear more about what you did/were doing.

Wow, that's a lot. Talk about novels. Hope you all can chat back! Keep up the momentum! Happy Sunday everybody!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-17, 07:54

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelionp
Werebear! Have you noticed a great difference with the vinegar???
I agree with what you're saying....BALANCE!!! I have also had issues with thyroid (not currently) with onset of premenapause. And anemia. (Also not currently) ALSO, I have read a lot about Niacin and at one time tried (on my own) higher doses and was quite pleased with the results, love to hear more about what you did/were doing.

I love the vinegar. My husband says it helps his digestion issues, and and for me it seems to make a meal more satisfying and kill cravings.

I've gone Full Metal Niacin. I got the book by the doctors who pioneered high dose niacin.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-17, 08:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelionp
Oh my gosh! I love love all the response here!

Hi Baylor1! Happy 50!
Are you doing induction or phase 2? What kind of excersise?

I am at Induction levels.. I am an Atkins 72 most of the time. I feel best that way.
I am not really doing organized work outs at the moment but I will. I am just getting back to basics again. This week has been me home taking care of flu patients.. I have plans this next week to get back to it..
Its tough. These hormones are so hideous.. I am ready to be done!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 07:56

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 141/132.6/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thanks we'rebear- I checked out your post a bit, I too have the book and started myself on 500 mg and then everntually upped it to 1000. I couldn't get the pure because the flushing was too painful for me. But I did notice a difference- a softening and balancing of my mood. But then it seemed to level out. That was a while ago. I'd be curious to know what changes you have experienced (I'll read the link more!)

Baylor....Yeah, good you found something that works and you feel right!hormones!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 08:29

BF:
Progress:

This thing always makes me feel like I am being bullied.. I start to feel good and then WHAM! hormones surge or drop...

Here's to menopause!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 10:08

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

This is only one of the reasons low carb works so well for me: steady blood sugar does wonders for my endocrine system.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 12:15

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
This is only one of the reasons low carb works so well for me: steady blood sugar does wonders for my endocrine system.

I am hoping that I will have the same results. I know after 10 days I am sleeping better, my temp doesn't seem to be flaring and I feel more steady through the day.

My focus is going to be how this makes me feel.. I of course want to lose the weight, but I know I am going to feel better over time.

I was never a big pms'er so all these crazy symptoms are killing me!!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 12:30

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I'm definitely premenopausal at age 51 and have lost 30 pounds easily (I started at the end of June 2016).

The last 5 pounds have come off very slowly, but I know that's because I am so close to goal.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-17, 12:51

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I happened to start low carbing in the year I was going through perimenopause (which can only be determined at the end of the year) and have never had any symptoms of menopause. As I burned off 60 lbs, I was probably slowly releasing fat-stored estrogen. The people I know who have terrible menopause symptoms are those who follow low-cal low-fat high-carb diets - coincidence?