Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 08:01

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

You could call it

Horsing Around in Germany

Even if no one else reads it, you'll have a place of your own. A couple of years down the road, you'll marvel at the education you've achieved.

Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

What I found with my journal is that many people probably read it (based on the number of clicks).

And, that if I participate in the forum, and comment nicely in other people's journals, they will come to look at mine.

It's a good way to get to know people, and make friends, as well. Not to mention that it keeps you honest, if you commit to posting daily in your journal. When a friend hasn't posted for a while, I know that it's likely that s/he went off plan. And sometimes, just a post to say, "Hey. How are you doing? I miss you." will help them.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 08:46

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliw
I'm 5'4". I am about 2 kilos more than my husband, and many more kilos than the rest of my family including my dad: (

That does not seem that big even for European standards! What US size do you wear? I wonder if you are converting your weight incorrectly from kilos?

There are mail-order catalogs and some plus size clothing stores in Germany, but maybe not where you are. Ulla Popken has shops and is basically the German equivalent of Lane Bryant. I bought all my clothes there when I lived in Europe. You can find all of their stores here http://www.ullapopken.eu/de/inhalt/...e/filialfinder/.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 10:38
Registered Member

Stats: 189/167.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
elif--please start a Journal on this site.

Done, thanks for suggesting it.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 10:43
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
You can find all of their stores here http://www.ullapopken.eu/de/inhalt/...e/filialfinder/.

Do they actually have minimizer bras or the equivalent? I wear a sports bra every day because I don't like my boobs to hit my chin when I ride a horse. (I use a Moving Comfort Fiona (and a Maia but it has an underwire that gave me a rash.)
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 14:52

BF:

Quote:
Do they actually have minimizer bras or the equivalent? I wear a sports bra every day because I don't like my boobs to hit my chin when I ride a horse. (I use a Moving Comfort Fiona (and a Maia but it has an underwire that gave me a rash.)

Oh, I don't know but they have a full range of everything else - just like Lane Bryant. You are probably allergic to the nickel in the underwires (I am, too). My favorite bra for sports is Lynx http://www.lynxsportswear.com/. They are kind of ugly but they work perfectly.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 04:57
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
That does not seem that big even for European standards! What US size do you wear?Ulla Popken has shops and is basically the German equivalent of Lane Bryant.

Wow, they have clothes (and bras) in my size, and check it out, they have shirts WITH SLEEVES! Thanks so much for this. My US size is 16, 18, 2X...
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 04:58
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
My favorite bra for sports is Lynx http://www.lynxsportswear.com/. They are kind of ugly but they work perfectly.

Not ugly, it looks like it does its job. I just don't know how to get in and out of bras with backs like that. (blush)
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 10:46
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main...QPVL8&sshmPath=

Also a good UK based store which delivers to Germany. Can either buy through amazon or from their website at:

http://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 11:43

BF:

Quote:
Not ugly, it looks like it does its job. I just don't know how to get in and out of bras with backs like that. (blush)

It's a little weird at first but you get used to it!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 11:47

BF:

Quote:
Wow, they have clothes (and bras) in my size, and check it out, they have shirts WITH SLEEVES! Thanks so much for this. My US size is 16, 18, 2X...

They run a little boxy for me but if you can go to the store and try stuff on you will find stuff that fits. You must have a build like me. At 140, I am maxing out of regular sizes (not that I've been 140 since 8th grade!). At 180 in the 2000's, I was still well into plus sizes but could sometimes shop 16's or 18's in regular brands (is that Europe size 56? I can never remember). My cup size is H so I can't even shop in the US for that unless I order online. My mother weighs 150 pounds and can only shop plus. She's 5'2" but STILL. It's a build thing.