Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 19:55

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Welcome nomofat...

You know that Absarokee is only about 45 miles (as the eagle flies) directly on the other side of the Beartooth Mountains. More like 110 to drive tho. I have been thru Cooke City en route to the park many times.

Hey Katrine- don't cheer too much. I've put on a few pounds. Should change my stats but I plan on taking them off quickly. I was out of state for a month from mid April to mid May. Then left again in mid June for a week. As far as how long I've been LCing, 4 years minus 6 months of whinning when I realized I had to live like this. That 6 months really did a lot to open my eyes. Altho it really hurt my diet. I cheated last night (while traveling cross country). Had ice cream. I must be lactose intollerent, my stomach STILL hurts and it was 24 hours ago. Will I never learn. Wonder if I can have the LeCarb sponken of on other sites.
Hurray for Big Sky LCers...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 07:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/125
BF:28%
Progress: 30%
Talking

Thanks for the welcome
If you come through Cooke on your way to Yellowstone I think we may have met............I supervise the NE entrance to Yellowstone.............so chances are I was at the window when you came through!!! small world huh??
Joey
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 22:47
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%
Default Love your username!!

Hi there from Kalispell!!!

I just noticed your username, and I love it, so catchy!! i guess thats what we'll have when we reach our goals.......

NO MO FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, look forward to hearing more about you, and helping each other on our journeys!!!

Shannon
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 08:56

Wink

Good morning all, Shamma you are in Kalispell?? I hear there is one terrific quilt store there..................LUCKY lady!! I am so delighted I found this group, it is wonderful to have pals within shouting range. I havnt done the journal on here yet but intend to starting next week.........I have a trip this weekend so it will have to wait. I would love to hear more about everyone. I did my walk early this morning because finally we have a decent day.....warm no snow good sign goooooooood sign Joey
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 02:02
Montana MaMa

Hey Joey,

How are you doing? I'd like to visit you if you would start a journal. It would be GREAT if you would start one, then we could help each other out, and other ppl would be there for you too. start one soon plzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Take care, see you soon!

Shannon
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 06:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/143.0/135 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress: 60%

Do you wear a bandana?
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 07:48
WhatCanIDoThisTime?!

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 240/230/135 Female 5'3"
BF:too dang much!!!!
Progress: 10%
Default Bandana?

Only on Rodeo weekend.....which is this weekend in Lincoln!!!

Happy 4th of July!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 08:49

Stats: 294/255/155 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 28%

OK OK, I know I don't really belong to a MT group.....but my heart will always be there. Guess you all can tell by my name.

Anyway, I still have all my family up there. My mom is a LCer from Glasgow. I haven't noticed anyone from NE MT. I live right outside of PHoenix. Way too hot down here.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the posts from you all. Maybe someday I will be back up there for good.
Happy LCing!!!!!

Echo
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 10:33

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Echo and welcome. So did you grow up in Mt. or do you you just love it from visiting Mom? Personally I wasn't born here but 'I got here as fast as I could'!!! Happy Fourth everyone.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 13:21

Stats: 294/255/155 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi all,

I can't believe I didn't say whether or not I lived there!!!! Yes!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!! I was born and raised there. in NE MT. This year for the first time in 15 years I get to spend Christmas in Montana!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!

Snow! Cold!!! Yeah I know, cold??? I do love my winters in AZ but I would rather have all 4 seasons instead of 2.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Echo
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:29

Good morning all!! I was away so am just getting caught up, I lost 2 pounds since Sunday which I am enjoying because I started back on my workouts which means for a while the scale won't budge. BUT inches will disappear so I am going to do my inches today so I can keep track. Working out tends to build muscle which does burn fat but for a week or two I have to stay away from the scale and just take my inch loss. Being back on my food plan has finally kicked into gear and I feel pretty dang good. Shamma I am going to go to start my journal right now arggggggg Joey
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:41
Montana MaMa

Hey there, nomo,

Great to hear from you, go ahead now you can do it, (start a journal, that is), just kidding!! SUPER on the 2 lbs lost, you go girl!! Cya in your journal, and you can come visit me anytime!

Take care,

Shannon
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:52

Stats: 330/318/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm in Missoula here......I was shocked to find some Low Carb treats in Albertson's.
I want to go see my MIL in Libby sometime in September...passing through Thompson Falls.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 20:58

Stats: 396/340/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi vir99,

If you are going through Thompson Falls (where I live) you should stop at Uptown Essentials, on 909 Main Street. He doesn’t have a huge selection of low carb stuff, but he carries the wonderful O’so Low low carb rolls, and few Keto and Atkins item (shakes, jam, muffin mixes, syrups and such). You might find it worth a quick stop in.

In Missoula the best place I have found for low carb stuff is Wal-Mart. I also go to The Good Food Store, they are always happy to order low carb bread for me. They also carry the lower carb canned black soy beans, which are great in low carb home made chili and baked beans and flax meal.

I will be sure to check out Albertson’s when I get back to Missoula in a few weeks!

I go to Libby every September myself for Nordicfest. It is a great weekend of craft shows, horse shows a parade, and concerts. I think it is the second weekend of September, and I just love it!

Sue
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 21:10

Stats: 188/172/155 Female 5 ft 9 Inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

All of you guys from Montana makes me miss it even more!! I lived in Kalispell for 2 great years. Then to Butte for a couple months. I have never found a more beautiful place on earth than the Flathead Valley!