Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
GOAL MET!!!!! 251LBS LOST!!!66 pants to 32 pants!!!!!!
Posted by Maori
Posted Sat, Mar-07-15
Male 5 ft 11 inches
Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default GOAL MET!!!!! 251LBS LOST!!!66 pants to 32 pants!!!!!!

Dear readers, please be sure to scroll all the way down to read the important update at the end of this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never been one to really get creative in my writing so hopefully the pictures speak a thousand words.

Yesterday i hit 251lbs lost. Now able to comfortably fit into my goal size jeans (32). Weight is 181lbs. Would like to get to 179lbs then maybe an additional 5lbs to use as a buffer from when i move from OWL to maintenance.
Might as well regurgitate some before pics and current. To inspire and be inspired.

2009-2012 - Not sure on weight as the then-scale was limited to 400lbs which i would get the good ole Error message. So i go with 400+

---Warning that next pic contain TMI info---------------------

Sad when i continue to wear my sad ripped and worned sweat pants in 100 degree weather. I was to embarrassed to have to go to the XL store to get more and maybe move to 7XL. Don't fret as i had a second pair of sweatpants which i considered my going out pants so i made sure it was kept in good condition..lame i know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/27/2013 - Day 1 following DANDR WOE. Got a 440lb back lit scale and my first day weight was 432lbs..yikes!!!! A month after i started joining new forums and getting active on forums that i had joined back years ago but stopped and gave up just like many other attempts in the past.

66 size pants and 6XL Shirt

Progress Pics -
Feb 28th, 2014. 324lbs (108lbs lost)

March 22, 2104 - 306lbs (126lbs lost)

August 29th 2014 - 235lbs (197lbs lost)

November 20th, 2014 - PERSONAL GOAL OF REACHING 200LBS MET (232lbs lost)
At this point i moved to OWL and while i still wanted lost additional weight my focus had shifted towards measurements and implementing more exercise (10k+ steps daily and 30 minutes elliptical). I bought a pair of 32 levis as my goal jeans

ONEDERLAND - December 18th, 2014 - 196lbs (236lbs lost).. First time i have been under 200lbs in my adult life....

GOAL MET March 6th, 2-15 181lbs (251lbs lost) Days on WOE - 1 year, 6 months, 7 days.
Size 32 pants and large shirt.

Want to say thanks to each and every one of you on this forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**UPDATE**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori, April 15, 2015
thanks for all your warm and support thoughts everyone....Amazing Irony is while i am the most healthiest point in my life today, i was given news that i have stage iv stomach cancer (3 months of different diagnostic procedures)........Initial shock and disbelief aside between me and my wife, i have switched my drive and determination to fight this one day at a time and live life as much as i can while doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori, April 21, 2015
thanks for all your support and kind thoughts everyone, it really means a lot. More positive now that we have more of a plan to move forward. Oncologist thinks it maybe III not IV and if so then surgery can be an option. Have another cat scan setup for Friday then MRI right after to determine if the cancer lymph nodes have spread beyond the stomach area. If not then then we are weighing options for ether chermo' >> surgery >> chermo' or surgery >> chemo or surgery chemo/radiation. Personally i like to go right into surgery first and then chemo but we will wait and see on the scans.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After

by hpah11 on Sat, Mar-07-15, 21:23

You look amazing! You are a true inspiration. Congratulations!!!

105 comments [read all comments]

Article tools