Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 08:40

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default I'm wearing my husband's favorite dress to church

Haha. That sounds like I'm borrowing it from him. No, I have this dress that I bought a few years ago and he just loves the way it looks. Every weekend, I try it on, to see if I can wear it yet. For a couple of weeks, I could have maybe gotten away with it, but it was still lumpy looking in the torso. This morning, I put it on and it is so much better, I'm going ahead with it. It doesn't hurt that it goes with my favorite dress shoes. Yaaaayyy!

Last edited by CallmeAnn : Sun, Aug-10-14 at 20:41.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 09:39

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
I'm wearing my husband's favorite dress to church

That made me LOL.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 10:04

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I posted about my rings falling off in another thread, but thought i would mention it here.

Quote:
It really doesn't seem that long ago, when I couldn't even take my wedding and engagement rings off. They were so tight, and they made my finger ache.

Today, while loading my groceries into the cart at the checkout, my rings fell right off! I almost didn't notice - yikes!

But another NSV - I had bought a size 16 jeans last month, because all my pants were so huge on me. I liked how the new jeans fit, and the price was right, so I went back and bought a size 14 for later.

Well I accidentally grabbed the wrong ones the other day, and when I put them on, I realized they fit! I guess I should have bought a couple more pairs in size 12 and 10!! LOL
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatt
... I had bought a size 16 jeans last month, because all my pants were so huge on me. I liked how the new jeans fit, and the price was right, so I went back and bought a size 14 for later.

Well I accidentally grabbed the wrong ones the other day, and when I put them on, I realized they fit! I guess I should have bought a couple more pairs in size 12 and 10!! LOL

Do you mean the ones you bought to begin with were actually 14s? Go get those 12s and 10s. You'll need them.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 21:45

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I bought a size 16 first. Then I went back and bought size 14. So when I was getting dressed one day, I grabbed the wrong pants out of my drawer, and put on the size 14 by mistake!\. And they fit!

Yes, I should go back and grab the smaller sizes!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 22:04

Oh, ok. very cool.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 06:22

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I swear, seeing numbers on a scale was never the thrill of a smaller pants size.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-14, 21:57

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

OKay, I have another one...not sure exactly how to describe it...but now when I squat down (like to get a pot or pan out of the bottom cupboards or reach the very back of the fridge) my legs don't feel so...tight? full of blood? like they are going to burst or something... From the knees to feet...I know, that sounds awful- but it seems like my blood is thinner now? or circulating better? I'm not sure what it is, but my legs don't change to three shades of deep purple and hurt like they used to the last couple yrs when I squat down. SO, that's another one. WEIRD, but good.

Last edited by Jamackarch : Wed, Aug-13-14 at 22:44.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 17:03

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 238/190/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I left home for a work assignment in January. Nothing in my closet fit me. I was even busting the seams of my 38" work pants and mens size L shirts.

Well April 01 I got serious and started LCing. Since then I have had to purchase a size smaller in pants and shirts for work, and when I went home recently, most everything in my closet is now too big! woot-woot

I stayed up one night until 4 am trying on dozens of clothing items in my closet. It was soo much fun!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 18:33
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I just returned from my first vacation ever that did not turn into a carboholic's worst nightmare. I stayed on plan. I did not lose anything - but I did not gain. My oldest daughter stayed on plan, too - and even came back 3 pounds lighter. It was nice to have a low-carb buddy along for the trip. Definitely a NSV for me.

Last edited by khrussva : Fri, Aug-15-14 at 07:16.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 18:29

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Ken, I stayed the same on my vacation this year too! Isn't awesome not having to worry about those extra vacay pounds?
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 19:06
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugujo
Ken, I stayed the same on my vacation this year too! Isn't awesome not having to worry about those extra vacay pounds?

Yes it is. It is tougher to stay on plan away from home - but it can be done. It's hard enough to lose the pounds for the first time. Who wants to lose the same 5 to 10 pounds over again.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 20:45

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Yes it is. It is tougher to stay on plan away from home - but it can be done. It's hard enough to lose the pounds for the first time. Who wants to lose the same 5 to 10 pounds over again.

AGREE!!!
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-14, 11:33

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

The belt I have been using has gotten way too big despite the two added holes I made. I bought XL belt today.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-14, 22:37

I have been hoping my upper arms would shrink earlier rather than later. I was noticing some improvement this morning and asked my mom if she agreed. She agreed, of course, but she's my mom, you know. Anyway, when I went by my mil's house, she immediately commented that I look slimmer and specifically mentioned my arms. completely unsolicited. Now you know why I care what she thinks when we disagree about what to eat. You'll notice a mention of that now and then in my posts when the subject warrants. Still, it made me feel really good.
Oh, and my favorite undies fit again. Yaayyy!!

Edited to add: I was also saying that it amazes me (and she agreed) that I can't wear boots. I have always been less embarrassed of the size of my legs than other parts of me. I just never thought I had fat looking legs, which is a mystery since they are pretty short in length. However, I carried home a pair of rain boots from my daughter's college apartment back in July when we moved her to a different one, thinking I could wear them since they were too big for her. Rain boots even have wide tops, right? Still no go! I planned on offering them to my sister. So, this morning, I tried them on and they were much looser. They didn't stand away from my legs like rain boots should, but they were not hugging the leg, either. Little victories, one at a time. That's what I needed, probably more than a scale number.

Last edited by CallmeAnn : Tue, Aug-19-14 at 08:03.