Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 17:45

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I still remember feeling slim and getting new pants, grabbing the size I'd always thought of as my "slim size" and finding out I needed a size down.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 02:13

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugujo
green, isn't that a great feeling to shop in a "normal" store. Or even in the Misses section instead of Woman's.

Yessss. I am only 24 so not being able to shop in the Misses section has always been heartbreaking for me. Not being able to shop with friends because they are just that much smaller than me. It is amazing to finally be able to shop and not worry that I will not be able to fit into anything at all. And I am only a small portion of the way through my weightloss...another 100 pounds or more before I am finished.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 07:55

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaby
Yessss. I am only 24 so not being able to shop in the Misses section has always been heartbreaking for me.

I am happy for you that you are doing this while you are young. I found lc when I was 39 and have been off and on so many times. Do this, enjoy your smaller body and all the health and happiness it will bring and live your life without the hassles of being overweight. You'll thank yourself when you're older and not having to fight backache and joint pains.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 08:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
not having to fight backache and joint pains.

Funny you mention that actually. Back pain is what spurnned me back to LC. At my highest I was nearly unable to walk at time due to pain. I knew it was vaused by my weight and as soon as I dipped under 300 it went away and hopefully will never return So there is another NSV, freedom from pain.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 15:32

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

I WENT SHOPPING TODAY . . . in my spare closet You know, the boxes that have smaller clothes. I got rid of the 2X and 22W and am now in XL and 18 W. I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 19:27
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
I WENT SHOPPING TODAY . . . in my spare closet You know, the boxes that have smaller clothes. I got rid of the 2X and 22W and am now in XL and 18 W. I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe.

Out with the old, in with the... OLDER? Me too. Right now, I'm becoming Mr. baggy-pants. I found few pairs of new pants that fit, but they need hemmed. I'm sure that are actually more than 5 years old. When I get closer to 300 lbs, anything I find that fits will be from the 1990's.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 17:54

I can usually wear my wedding rings now, depending on fluid retention. Also, I don't require a prescription-equivalent dose of Advil if I lift anything the least bit heavy like I did. I posted this selfie the other day and got lots of positive feedback, especially from my sweet, usually skinny (now 9mos. preggo) niece.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....357126423_n.jpg
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 18:14

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I was writing a check for something today and had to show my ID - the lady did a double take and said, whoa! You've lost some weight, huh? And went on t ask how I'd done it. It was pretty nice.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 18:54

Ken, I felt like I wore clown pants today with a set of scrubs. I haven't been able to get to the uniform shop to replace yet.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 19:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

i keep trying to hit the "like" button on this thread!
Congrats to you all!!!

NSV: knowing you look better than 5, 10, however many years ago.....few people peak AFTER college
I was trim then, but i am super FIT now.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 11:12

Exciting pants report from yesterday: I have a pair of white (yes, white) Lee jeans that are a misses size 16, that look really great on. I know most women who are the slightest bit overweight wouldn't be caught dead in white dress pants and white jeans are taboo even if you're past dead and shambling around looking for brains to eat. But these jeans actually fit really nicely.
I had hung them in the extra closet so I wouldn't keep trying them because they were just about two inches too tight. I was looking to see if there were items I could expand my wardrobe to include and decided to move them into my regular closet because surely they were getting close to fitting. I put them on and YIPPEEE... they FIT. I 'm so happy. I meant to get my sister to take a pic of me in them but I forgot. I'm washing them now so I can wear them again soon and you can be sure I'll remember then.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 12:24

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

CallMeAnn, that is great!! I too happen to have my first white pair of denim also, but mine are shorts! Isn't it wonderful? I have never in my life worn white shorts or pants--NEVER! Now I'm 45, and wow, they look great! I swear, I think they make women look thinner. Or maybe I have just always associated white pants/shorts with women who were thin anyways? But what a great feeling it is. I look forward to buying a pair of white jeans now for myself. I'm so new to this white thing though--how in the world do you keep them clean? LOL! Down here in FL it is so hot and humid, everything feels so dirty......sweaty and dirty! We live on a dirt road in fact, and even though our house is tighter than a tick because it's new, I am still dusting all of the time, and I blame it on the road. A lack of rain makes that dust fly as these idiots drive 100mph like it's the Indy 500!

I guess to keep white shorts and jeans white, bleach is the answer? I'd be afraid to even sit on our wooden deck--everything is constantly dusty. I'd have a gray bottom then, haha!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 12:37

Ann, you are too funny. Rambling around looking for brains to eat Ha Ha.

I need to go bra shopping, my girls are floating around in my old cups LOL. I hate shopping for bras though.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly B
CallMeAnn, that is great!! I too happen to have my first white pair of denim also, but mine are shorts! Isn't it wonderful? I have never in my life worn white shorts or pants--NEVER! Now I'm 45, and wow, they look great! I swear, I think they make women look thinner.

I guess to keep white shorts and jeans white, bleach is the answer? I'd be afraid to even sit on our wooden deck--everything is constantly dusty. I'd have a gray bottom then, haha!

I guess Lee still still makes these jeans. I'll link you to the pics when I get them posted. I don't bleach them, but then, we don't have that much dust, as we live on a paved road. Houston is very humid, though. I think our areas deal with nearly equal heat and humidity. We're near the Gulf, too. I don't wear them like I do regular jeans. They are my fancy casual jeans. I'm 53 but I think I've had them a couple of years.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 14:49

Quote:
Ann, you are too funny. Rambling around looking for brains to eat Ha Ha.

I need to go bra shopping, my girls are floating around in my old cups LOL. I hate shopping for bras though.

I have this bra from Soma: http://www.soma.com/store/browse/al...7272&imgCount=2
in a plain white fabric and it is my smallest one. I have been wearing it quite comfortably for almost a week. It's a real victory for me, but if I get the slightest bit of swelling, the wires poke me. I can wear it today, but suffered in it yesterday. My rings were tight too, but the scale was down. Mysterious.