Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-13, 19:09

Plan: Carb Counting
Stats: 143/143/128 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi! I'm a low carb newbie!

My husband and I trained with a RKC trainer at a kettlebell studio for 3 years. Really, much depends on the trainer. Some are sloppy about paying attention to form while others are more attentive during class. In view of the fact you don't have a TV, I do think it's best to see a RKC trainer one-on-one for a few sessions and then supplement the rest with books and youtube kettlebell tutorials. I recommend Tracy Reifkind's book, "Swing!", because she lost many pounds through what appears to be low carb eating and essentially only does kettlebell swings, some yoga and some walking. She believe everything you need can be found in the swing. She's in phenomonal shape, esp. considering she's a middle-aged woman who had been previously quite heavy for years .... Lauren Brooks has a solid book with suggested exercise routines, as does Sarah Lurie.

In our RKC class, we did kettlebell training in our bare feet in sessions lasting under 40 minutes. We did 3 sets of 8 exercises. The trainer used a GymBoss to time each set. The exercises varied and were nothing complicated. We could have just as easily done it at home. After the membership fee went up for $3,000 a year for both of us (!), we quit and did opt to do kettlebell training at home via numerous DVDs. I think it's easy to do your own routines at home once you get the form down.
Sponsored Links