Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-13, 13:10
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Quote:
I like your attitude, Annie! My goal is a bit lofty, too, but we can do it!!
well you know we gotta go big or stay home right? WE can do this!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-13, 15:22

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1gi
Hey, I just re-started this week too don't I know you from the past? Welcome regardless!!!!

I do believe so!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-13, 17:47

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick
Howdy! I just restarted this week. I would like to join you if no one minds that I only weigh monthly after Tom ends. I would like to set a goal of 199 but am not sure how practical it is. That is a bit under 30 lbs. I would be thrilled to greet 2014 there.

Welcome Rod!! I certainly do not mind. I will probably only weigh Monthly as well. I do not own a scale so Ill probably just step on one when I am out shopping at Walmart or somewhere and weigh myself then, once a month of course. I use measurements but that is it. And so I do not have to post repeat messages, welcome to everyone else here as well! We CAN do this!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 05:40

BF:

Thanks for the welcome!! Hope everyone is off to a great start. I was out with some friends last weekend and someone snapped a pic. I am hoping too see a difference from that pic in a few months.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 10:12
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'd like to join, too. My goal is maintenance, which has been my downfall in the past. I've got a 4 week vacation in Europe coming up next month, and after that we'll be heading into the holidays, so.... plenty of challenges ahead, and a challenge thread will help! I want to bring in 2014 still under 160. That will be victory in my book!

I took the liberty of alphabetizing the list. If it gets much longer, that's helpful to find one's self.

MEMBERS

1fatmomma...Goal: 199 pounds
Alocin75.......Goal: 161 pounds
Annie1gi.......Goal: 264 pounds
ferrygirl........Goal: 147 pounds
Kosmo1014...Goal: 155 pounds
Lifter...........Goal: 160 pounds
livinright.......Goal: 159 pounds
MizKitty.......Goal: 159 pounds
Rodmick.......Goal: 199 pounds
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 10:55

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%

OOOooohhh! I'm so in! I like the idea of already setting a goal that will get me through the holidays.

I've already set a goal for myself of 190 by Thanksgiving... being realistic, would like to get to 185 by New Years.

Kate

MEMBERS

mnokat.........Goal: 185 pounds
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 10:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
I'd like to join, too. My goal is maintenance, which has been my downfall in the past. I've got a 4 week vacation in Europe coming up next month, and after that we'll be heading into the holidays, so.... plenty of challenges ahead, and a challenge thread will help! I want to bring in 2014 still under 160. That will be victory in my book!

I took the liberty of alphabetizing the list. If it gets much longer, that's helpful to find one's self.

MEMBERS

Thanks for alphabetizing the list! Great Idea! Wow! A vacation to Europe sounds like fun. I have always wanted to go there, maybe one day soon Ill get the chance. My ancestors came from Europe so I find it fascinating! Speaking of vacations my hubby told me that since I was sticking with my plan that he would take me somewhere I have always wanted to go. That is Walt Disney World! We have never been. Always wanted to go though. So we are planing a trip there in May, just the two of us. We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary last October and did not get to do anything special so this will be sort of a late Celebration for that as well. This has me a bit more motivated to stick to plan. I've got this!

I'll update the list in the main post.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 11:01

BF:
Default Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnokat
OOOooohhh! I'm so in! I like the idea of already setting a goal that will get me through the holidays.

I've already set a goal for myself of 190 by Thanksgiving... being realistic, would like to get to 185 by New Years.

Kate

MEMBERS

Welcome Kate!! Glad to have you join us! Ill add your name to the list!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 21:57

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

Hi all! I'll put myself in for a lofty goal, too, of being 40 lbs down from today's weight. I hope this will keep me focused and motivated to stay the course when the weather cools off, and the holidays start piling up!

MEMBERS

Zig.............Goal: 231 pounds
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-13, 22:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZigeuner
Hi all! I'll put myself in for a lofty goal, too, of being 40 lbs down from today's weight. I hope this will keep me focused and motivated to stay the course when the weather cools off, and the holidays start piling up!

Welcome Zig!! Glad to have you on board. I have already started preparing a folder filled with Low Carb Options to use for the Holidays. That way I will be prepared and have the ingredients I need on hand and can eat healthy then as well.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-13, 06:29

BF:

Europe sounds awesome!!! You'll have too tell us all the exciting details! As does Disney World! Europe is on my dream list. I have been to WDW a few times as I have family in the area. You are going to love it! Tons of walking so you sure get your exercise in!

Since we are talking about motivation can I share mine even if it is silly? I have wanted a Camero since they reintroduced the 2010 model in fall 2009. I have driven my husband nuts oohing and aahing over these since they came out. It is not practical. My boys are 17 and 20 and very tall. No one could fit in the back. Dh found one gently used in the right color at a great price recently. I can't justify it. I'd still need to keep my current car for winter. I told dh I was serious about losing weight again and needed a goal and a good motivation. He said "how about a Camero like you have been drooling over the last few years so you quit drooling over every one you see?" Oh yes that works for me! I figure this will take me at least a year and the youngest will be getting ready to go to college so the insurance will not be still awful. Silly motivation but I keep picturing driving one of those beautiful cars

Hi Zig! LindaSues site has enough recipe options one would never run out of yummy ideas!

Nice to have you join us Kate!!

My cycle ended so I weighed in. I am down 3.4. I will be weighing in after my cycle ends next month again. So lets see, I have 27.4 lbs left until my New Years goal.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-13, 14:32

BF:

Quote:

Since we are talking about motivation can I share mine even if it is silly? I have wanted a Camero since they reintroduced the 2010 model in fall 2009. I have driven my husband nuts oohing and aahing over these since they came out. It is not practical. My boys are 17 and 20 and very tall. No one could fit in the back. Dh found one gently used in the right color at a great price recently. I can't justify it. I'd still need to keep my current car for winter. I told dh I was serious about losing weight again and needed a goal and a good motivation. He said "how about a Camero like you have been drooling over the last few years so you quit drooling over every one you see?" Oh yes that works for me! I figure this will take me at least a year and the youngest will be getting ready to go to college so the insurance will not be still awful. Silly motivation but I keep picturing driving one of those beautiful cars
That is a wonderful motivator! I think it is good to have something we desire to look forward too! I hope you get it!

Quote:
My cycle ended so I weighed in. I am down 3.4. I will be weighing in after my cycle ends next month again. So lets see, I have 27.4 lbs left until my New Years goal.

Congrats on your loss thus far!! I will weigh only once per month but I have been keeping measurements in the meantime. I have lost quite a few inches overall already so that certainly motivates me to keep on going! I will probably weigh on September 3rd (exactly one month from the date I started) that way I can weigh in monthly. But I am going to go somewhere that has a scale and use theirs because for me having a scale is something I cant bring myself to do right now for two reasons. One is because I think I would get upset if I did not see it move when I think it should and that would discourage me. And the 2nd is my daughter suffers from an eating disorder and she already sees herself as fat when she is skinny as a rail, and if I had a scale in the house it would be to her detriment as she would become obsessed all the more.Best of luck everyone!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-13, 14:48

BF:

Oh no fear I will earn that in car pounds Thanks for the congrats! I figure weighing that weigh should be every 31 days or so for me. Besides this month where I got a start weight and and after cycle weight.

I'm with you on thinking I would be upset if I didnt see it move when I thought it should. I'm sorry to hear your daughter suffers from and eating disorder. I hope she can overcome it.

WOOT WOOT!!! Got to LOVE losing inches! That is what really counts!!!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-13, 17:36

BF:

Quote:
Oh no fear I will earn that in car pounds Thanks for the congrats! I figure weighing that weigh should be every 31 days or so for me. Besides this month where I got a start weight and and after cycle weight.

I'm with you on thinking I would be upset if I didnt see it move when I thought it should. I'm sorry to hear your daughter suffers from and eating disorder. I hope she can overcome it.

WOOT WOOT!!! Got to LOVE losing inches! That is what really counts!!!

Yeah its tough watching her struggle with eating issues when I have always been on the total opposite end of the spectrum. I could look at food and gain weight. I see her at the ideal weight she is actually a few pounds underweight. But I think: Gee I wish I looked like her. I would often pull up my shirt or show her my saddle bags and say You want to talk about being fat? That is fat! But I realize she has a disease that even though you could tell her she looks fine, she will always see herself as something different than what she truly is.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-13, 07:01

BF:

I'm sure that is super hard to watch

So how is everyone doing? All is going ok here! I'm trying to decide if I am going to indulge in a little wine while dh and I go camping by ourselves this weekend. I need to sit down and plan the menu also. It should be pretty darn easy since it is for the most part things on the grill. We might stop on the way up Fri night and I'll likely just do bun-less burgers or a sald if we hit McD's.

My hubby is supposed to be on a GF diet also. I get a bit cranky because I make him GF treats and buy the bread and he still eats the real stuff. I told him I gave up trying to get him to follow Dr's orders the other day! He must be sick of the tummy issues because I was shocked when he made his lunch. Tuna noodle salad with everything but the noodles!

Todays menu is
2 oopsies topped with 4 bacon and 1 egg

beef roast and broccoli slaw

pork chops and cauliflower

If I get the munchies I'll have some whole raw carrots. I dont like carrots much so these are self limiting! I know I am really hungry if I eat them.

Last edited by rodmick : Tue, Aug-13-13 at 07:07.