Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-14, 06:37

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatmomma
I just wanted to see if I was not alone in this. I have decided to do this without a scale. My main purpose in that is this time I do not want to be a slave to a scale. I hate those disappointing moments when you step on a scale and do not see it move as much as you think it should have. That sets me up for defeat. I am going to go by measurements as opposed to weight. I will know I have lost when my clothes get loose...etc. I will go by the weight on my Doctors Scale at my checkups. At least for the first few months, I may get a scale a few months down the road but for now I am afraid it would only hinder my progress as opposed to helping it. Just my two cents.

Like you and for the same reason I've chosen not to use those scales. I'd rather try on those skinny jeans that are too tight until they fit lol! Oh, the day I get my legs in those skinny jeans!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, May-06-14, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/264/165 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

Hi there,

Only found this thread now and I'm totally on board with the no scale approach. I've always used scales when 'dieting' and became a slave to the number on the scale. I also find that I'm quite an emotional eater so if I see the number I'm going to dwell on it, get depressed and eat. I've been in this lifestyle for almost 4 weeks now and absolutely love it. I enjoy the food I eat, I enjoy the way I feel and I enjoy the feeling of my clothes getting loser and all of the comments which I receive.

I have however decided that once I feel comfortable enough I will take that step onto the scale. I don't think it's going to be soon though and I'm not sure how I'm really going to get myself to do it as I'm enjoying the focus being on my and the food I eat and not the number I see every week/day. The number definitely does count but if in the beginning it's only going to cause a negative effect, why go through that. I have a scale but the battery is flat so every time I get curious I have enough time between travelling from my house to go and buy a battery that I'm actually just sabotaging myself!

No scale is an awesome way to go...... in the beginning!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, May-29-14, 09:55

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I personally have quit weighing. That is what has gotten me defeated too many times. So I am with you, I did initially weigh and lost a few pounds and posted that. But it doesn't do me any good to weigh, I will quit.I am conscious of what I eat. I guess this will either work or it won't. Since I will never go back to high carb this may take awhile but I can't care.