Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 19:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/225/175
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default YIKES!

Guess I should of resized!! lol well there I am in all my glory!!

Jackie
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 06:15

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%

GREAT PICTURE!

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR GRANDMA. YOU MUST BE SO WORRIED AND UPSET!

I HOPE SHE WILL BOUNCE BACK AND BE FIGHTING FIT IN NO TIME! SHE MIGHT WELL BE A BIT DISORIENTED NOW, BUT WHO WOULDN'T BE? IT CAN HAPPEN LIKE THAT, AND THEN THE HUMAN SPIRIT TAKES OVER AND MIRACLES CAN HAPPEN. I'LL PRAY FOR YOU BOTH.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 11:22

Plan: n/a
Stats: 215/174/140
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi all!! Sorry I haven't been around all week. I have done so crap it's unbelievable. I think I managed about 20 mins of exercise last week. I ate good most of the week up until Saturday when we went out for the day. It all went downhill from there. I still managed to lose 1lb though somehow. I'm back on track today though and ready to go!! I've done my Building Strength with Susan Powter video and have eaten OP so far!!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 20:00

BF:
Default Hello all

Well, I have been so busy going to the hospital & working that exercise has not been a priority but I have been eating well.,.I did manage to get a 1 & 1/2 mile run in..I think I am down about 6 lbs since friday..I have been on a cutting diet..I will expelain more about that another time..
My grandma is doing much better she is ina nursing home for a few weeks until her strength comes back..so thanks for the prayers..
she is much less disoriented also./.

I am so glad..I would of died had she died..she is my bestest bud!!

Ok I am off to sleep..I will try to post before I go out of town this weekend..(girls weekend camping & about 7 bands at the campground)

Jackie
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 12:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi ladies!

I have been missing in action for a few days studying for my final tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

How have you all been doing? On the exercise front I haven't been doing so well as I have been mostly sitting on my butt with a book in front of me, but I have managed to get some walking in. On the eating side of things I have been doing fairly well...aside from a pizza that I had yesterday. It was worth it to calm my frazzled information saturated brain!

I am off to visit the folks this weekend for a few days, so if you don't hear from me until the middle of next week, don't worry, I haven't abandoned you. Dad has a treadmill that I'm sure I'll make good use of. My endurance is starting to come back now that my cough has started to go away. It's encouraging to see my wind-power starting to come back.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I'm glad that she seems to be doing better. Many people I've met that have had strokes to seem to recover quite well in time. I guess the body just needs a little time to make a few adjustments and get back on track. I still have 3 of my grandparents left, however 2 of them have been having health problems over the last couple of years and it is a very hard thing to handle, especially where I am not around to visit them much. I will get to see them this weekend, so it is definitely something else to look forward to.

Anna--great to hear that even though things slid a bit that you still managed a 1lb loss! Keep up the great work with the exercising.

Doods--soon you may be able to use your 2 year old as part of your UBWOs...I know you definitely can use her for part of your 20 minutes of aerobics...2 years olds sure can get around!!

Beth--how goes the BFL? Are you enjoying it? Hitting those 10's?

Take care everyone!!

KC
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 06:30

BF:

Quote:
Beth--how goes the BFL? Are you enjoying it? Hitting those 10's?

WOW, WAS I ASHAMED WHEN I READ THAT OR WHAT? I KNOW THAT WASN'T THE INTENTION, IT'S JUST ME. I HAVEN'T BEEN DOING BFL, AND AS FOR HITTING 10S, SOMETIMES, JUST STANDING UP (AS OPPOSED TO LYING DOWN) IS ABOUT AS CLOSE TO A 10 AS I CAN MANAGE.

I DON'T KNOW IF I AM GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO BFL. THIS LAST YEAR'S M.S. DETERIORATION IS HITTING MY HEAD AS BADLY AS MY BODY. I AM ABOUT TO GO GET SOME ST. JOHN'S WORT (HERBAL PROZAC, FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW), TO SEE IF I CAN DO ANYTHING FOR MY OUTLOOK. SEVERAL YEARS AGO, I HAD A BAD SPELL EMOTIONALLY, AND THE DOCTORS TRIED ME ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT ANTIDEPRESSANTS, NONE OF WHICH WORKED. ST. JOHN'S WORT IS THE CLOSEST TO HELPING ME OF ANYTHING I HAVE TAKEN.

POSITIVITY IS MY CREED, BUT I HAVE BEEN FALLING DOWN ON IT (HMM, MAYBE THAT IS A BIT TOO ACCURATE A DESCRIPTION! ) AND HAVE BEEN A MISERABLE BUGGER A LOT OF THE TIME RECENTLY. YUCK!

HAVING SAID THAT, IT IS T.O.M. AND I AM AT A LOWER WEIGHT THAT I WENT UP TO AT THIS TIME LAST MONTH. MY EATING HAS BEEN PRETTY GOOD (WHEN I "CHEAT" I CHEAT ON ALLOWED FOODS), AND I AT LEAST GO FOR A WALK MOST DAYS. IT IS JUST THAT MY HEAD IS SO FAR UP MY BUM!

I'VE TRIED THE SWIFT KICK UP THE BACKSIDE APPROACH, BUT IT NEVER WORKS WITH ME. I NEED DRUGS PART OF THE PROBLEMI HAVE, I THINK, IS THAT MY OLD STAND-BYS FOR COPING WITH DEPRESSION (CEREAL, PEANUT BUTTER-AND-JELLY-SANDWICHES, CHOCOLATE, COOKIES, CAKE...) ARE ALL GONE. I MEAN, I AM HAVING TO DEAL WITHOUT MY "DRUG OF CHOICE", CARBOHYDRATES DAMN, NO WONDER I'M HAVING A HARD TIME!

RIGHT, HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT, I HAVE TALKED MYSELF BACK INTO IT. I HAVE TO GET MY HEAD AROUND THE FACT THAT MY BFL IS NOT GOING TO BE YOURS OR ANYBODY ELSE'S AND THAT IT'S O.K. (NOBODY EVER SAYS OTHERWISE BUT ME, BTW).

IT IS THE 1ST OF THE MONTH, AND A PERFECT DAY TO START. I'LL STOP THIS RIGHT NOW AND GO SET MY GOALS. MY EXERCISE GOAL FOR MY FIRST 12 WEEKS WILL BE TO DO *SOME* FORM OF EXERICSE EVERY DAY, EVEN IF IT JUST WALKING AROUND THE BLOCK, OR HALFWAY, IF THAT IS ALL I CAN DO.

RIGHT, THAT'S IT; I'M DOING IT!

THANKS FOR BEING HERE, GUYS!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 05:49

BF:

Whoa! Sorry beth! I so did NOT mean any offense by that statement. Everyone has their own level "10" so maybe you actually are hitting those 10's when you get going with the walking? It's hard to "read" the meaning in text sometimes, and easy to take offense sometimes...sorry for that. BFL really is a challenging program and if you are not feeling well it is just that much more difficult to follow. You just go at your own pace. Anything that you feel you are up to is probably the best thing for you right now. Great job with the eating and LC "cheating"! Hopefully the St. John's Wort will help with the emotional stuff. I have heard great things about it.

I have been enjoying my holidays this week and it all ended up with Canada Day festivities yesterday...the big 135. Our country is so young...we're just a baby in the grand scheme of things. The eating has been moderately good, and the exercise has been moderately good, and the weight has remained the same, although I felt slimmer all week...must be the lack of the books strapped to my back!

Well it is back to school for me today. I am taking 2 classes 5 days a week now, so that should keep me out of trouble. My high school reunion is the last weekend in July, so I'd like to take off a few more lbs by then. I'll be walking back and forth to school twice a day five days a week for the next 3 1/2 weeks, so that should help a lot. That is almost 2 hours of walking a day....

Are you all still around? It has been a while since many of you have posted....hello??? I hope all is going well for you folks. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Take care,
KC
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 13:14

BF:

OF COURSE I KNOW YOU DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHNG BY WHAT YOU SAID, AND YES, IT IS HARD OT GET EXACT MEANING IN PRINT. NO, MY SHAME AND ANGER WERE FOR ME AND NO ONE ELSE. I HAVE HAD NOTHIGN BUT SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING HERE.

YOU KNOW, I HAVE HAD M.S. FOR 16 YEARS, AND I STILL HAVEN'T COME TO TERMS WITH IT. I FEEL I "OUGHT" TO BE STRONGER, HEALTHIER, MORE FIT, MORE...AND ON IT GOES. BECAUSE I AM NOT (THANKFULLY) WHEELCHAIR BOUND, I ASSUME I "OUGHT" TO BE RUNNING MARATHONS REALITY AND I ARE NOT CLOSE NEIGHBOURS SOMETIMES

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING SPLENDIDLY. WELL DONE! YOU ARE SUCH AN EXAMPLE TO THE REST OF US, AND SO ENCOURAGING

WOW, TO BE ABLE TO DO 2 HOURS WALKING A DAY! I HAD A GREAT SPELL THE SUMMER OF 1995, AND WALKED ALL OVER THE PLACE. ONE DAY I WALKED 20 MILES, JUST BECAUSE I COULD. I KNEW AS I DID IT THAT IT WASN'T GOING TO BE A COMMON OCCURANCE, SO I ENJOYED EVERY STEP OF IT. WHEN I AM FEELING PARTICULARLY SELF-DAMNING ABOUT HOW LAZY I AM, I TRY TO REMEMBER THAT SUMMER AND HOW WHEN I AM ABLE, I DO EXERCISE A LOT.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 07:20

BF:

Oh my goodness! Have we lost everyone?

Don't tell me everyone has fallen off the exercise wagon?? I know I have not been good every day, but I am literally forced to walk as it is my only way to get to school...this isn't such a good thing when it is pouring down rain... . If it works....WHEN it works, I will be thankful.

We had Canada Day celebrations on Monday, but the fireworks were fogged out. The rain date was for last night and it was fogged out as well. They will try again tonight, but the weather is not looking too promising. Apparently they spent quite a bit of money on them this year, so it should be a pretty spectacular show...if we ever get to see it!! Hopefully the sun will come out later today.

Well, I am going to make today my weights and crunches day. I don't have to do any walking, so I had better work on some muscle tone. My body really is changing shape quite noticeably, but the scales aren't moving. My clothes feel quite differently on. I don't much care if the scales don't move as long as I feel good.

Well I hope to hear from you all soon!! Happy exercising!!

KC
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 09:59

BF:
Default HI all

Oh I have not been as good either with all the holiday crap!!
I am back on the wagon Monday morning..but have been working out some! I am going to try to be here more often but looks like I won't get here much until I start college on the 26th ..then I will have more time to talk & work out !!

hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Jackie
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 07:59

Plan: protein power, Atkins
Stats: 275/254/175 Female 70 inches
BF:53/41/21
Progress: 21%
Default i'm here I'm here

Hey workout buddies!! I'm hear. Actually been reading for a few days but the minute I get caught up on what's ben going on work gets to busy for me to write. SO today I have a free minute so here I am. First of all I see a new member since I was last here. Lossiebeth welcome my dear & I have to say your are a beautiful person! I have read many of your posts and you are such a strong woman! Keep up that attitude girl I love it! Slim the founder of our group you are doing great my dear. Keep it up and get a good raincoat! LOL

What about me you ask?? I'm doing grrrreeeeat! I finished one BFL challenge and am on the 3rd week of Challenge 2. I love it! My body is really changing shape. I HAVE VISIBLE MUSCLES!!!!! I can't remember if I posted my results here or not so If you've already seen these I'm sorry to brag but I am still truly amazed. 23.5 inches, 21 lbs, & 6 % BF and that's just from Challenge 1. Total loss from the beginning of my LC journey 29.5 inches, 41 lbs, 12% BF. I am actually down 45 lbs now as these results were 3 weeks ago but I haven't remeasured so not sure if I've lost more inches. I am still up every morning at 5 ready to workout weather it be with weights or cardio. Saturday's are still tough for me though. Last challenge I missed 5 cardio workouts as Saturdays are way to easy to sleep in. So far in C2 I have missed 1 or the 2 saturday cardio workouts already.

Well ladies better get back to the grind. Miss you all! Doods you still with us???? How about the rest of you??

Take care ladies & keep up the good work.

Messy
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 11:46

BF:

Great to hear from you messy!!

No doubt you ARE up at 5am every morning with results like that!!! Way to go!! That is motivation for sure!!

I am currently sitting here in my bikini trying to get motivated...if only typing burned more calories... Of course, I'm alone and the blinds are shut! I'm not quite ready for bikini exposure, but I have sported my one piece already this summer which is more than I figured that I would do this summer...my proud moment....sigh.

I am walking everyday at least 50 mins with books on my back. I have been sneaking rides to and from school once in a while, but there hasn't been a day yet that I haven't walked at least to and from school at least once. I have 2 classes, so it should be 2 round trips.

OMG!! The sun just came out! It was raining this morning and we have the haze from the fires in Quebec to contend with too, but I definitely see sunshine...it's fighting to come out!!

Well I just found out this morning that my high school reunion was cancelled due to lack of interest...can you believe it?? I guess not even 10 people confirmed that they were coming. It's sad really. Oh well, I guess I have to find another source of motivation for my exercise and good eating...Maybe a bikini by Sept.1 would be a good goal?? I'm not sure if I can swing that or not, but I started induction over again as I found myself cheating more and more often, and it would probably be good to clean all the stored carbs out of my system to try to get things rolling downward again. I have been at a status quo for some time now and I think that the exercise has been balancing out my cheats. Thankfully I have stayed on top of things so that I didn't slide too far backwards!! Today is day 2 for me. I've even started logging my food in my journal again...I have to stay accountable to someone or something!! It definitely helps.

With all the walking I have been less motivated to continue with my running. I'll have to get back to that too. I weighed in at 152 this morning, so I don't think that with all the walking and some strict eating that 145 is unreasonable for August 1. I would like to be around 140 by Sept.1, which is doable, but even if I get back into my 8's I will be a happy camper. I am so close to goal that things may take a lot longer and I have considered that, but I'm not ready to accept it yet. I wonder if with all the little cheats and my not drinking as much water as I used to if I will have a small "whoosh" of sorts due to starting induction again? I hope so.

Well enough blabbering on and on for me...I'm off to do some tricep pushups...they have been doing wonders for the definition in my arms...and my arms are going to show no matter what bathing suit I'm in!!

Catch you all later...by the way, how did the exercising go today???

KC
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 18:28

BF:

Well, another day of walking under my belt...how's everyone else doing????

KC
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 13:43

BF:

Is there anybody out there...there...there...there.....?????

It's looking pretty deserted around this thread. Has everyone fallen off the exercise wagon? I'm still trudging away to school and back, but I am finally able to wear my 9's out in public. Miracles never cease. I'm at my lowest now that I have been in over a year. I'm so close to goal I can taste it...tastes like protein and fat!!

Take care everyone, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

KC
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 16:22

BF:
Default I am still around..

Just been busy working..I only have 3 more weeks & I will be all done with work then I will be back more
I have been working my butt off..I have been doing a 4 day split on weightlifting & cardio hiit style 3 days to 4 days a week
I am doing modified low carb & it is working.because of lifting weights & I try to lift heavy..I need a little extra carb..

I am sorry I have been gone so much but I am still here..lol
soon I will have more time to post!!

Be back again soon

Jackie