Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 05:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default CAN I COME AND PLAY?

THIS IS IT, I'M TELLING YOU, EXACTLY WHAT I AM NEEDING! I HAVE BEEN MEANING/WANTING/NEEDING TO GET EXERCISING FOR...........................

HAVING A SUPPORTIVE GROUP JUST MIGHT HELP ME ACTUALLY *DO* IT! I HAVE MY WEE DUMBELLS (3 & 5 POUNDS), AS WELL AS A BUNCH OF EXERCISE VIDEOS (EVEN ONE ON BELLYDANCING THAT MY MOTHER GOT ME FROM AMERICA!), SO BFL OR NOT (THOUGH I WANT TO GET THAT STARTED SOON), I NEED TO GET *MOVING*!

DOODLE, YOU ARE A TONIC. THAT SWIMSUIT SOUNDS GRAND! I REMEMBER WHEN MICHELLE SMITH WAS IN THEOLYMPICS AND SHE HAD THAT ONE TO HER KNEES. MAN, I *WANTED* THAT SUIT! I NEVER SAW ONE IN SCOTLAND, THOUGH

BTW, I HAD TO LAUGH WHEN I SAW THAT YOU WERE ASKED ABOUT FASHION, DOODS. NOT THAT I AM SAYING YOU ARE LESS THAN FASHIONABLE, BUT PEOPLE DO THAT WITH ME, AND IT IS SO SAD FOR THEM. I KNOW LESS THAN NOTHING ABOUT FASHION, AND MY CLOTHES ARE NOT EXACTLY HAUTE COTEUR (SEE, I CAN'T EVEN SPELL IT!). I WEAR JEANS MOSTLY, AND *NOT* HIP HUGGERS THAT BARELY COVER MY EMBARRASSMENT, EITHER

RIGHT, I'M OFF TO GET *MOVING*! I LOVE YOU GUYS, EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 05:49

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: CAN I COME AND PLAY?

Quote:
Originally posted by lossiebeth

DOODLE, YOU ARE A TONIC. THAT SWIMSUIT SOUNDS GRAND! I REMEMBER WHEN MICHELLE SMITH WAS IN THEOLYMPICS AND SHE HAD THAT ONE TO HER KNEES. MAN, I *WANTED* THAT SUIT! I NEVER SAW ONE IN SCOTLAND, THOUGH

Hey Beth
I ordered the swimsuit online, and my kids went without food/nappies for a month to pay for it .
I think I would get fewer strange looks at the pool were I to go in naked... but hey, it makes me feel better to be trussed up like a human seal.. so I am gonna do it.! Even if it does take me 20 minute and a full bottle of talcum powder to get into the thing!

Guys, I have not been doing well with the exercising, but tomorrow is another day and I will be right back on it.. will keep ya posted.

Doods.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 16:17

BF:

HEY, DOODS, I THINK I PREFER YOUR SOLUTION TO MINE. 20 MINUTES AND A FULL THING OF TALC MAY BE A DRAG, BUT BEFORE I WENT IN SWIMMING LAST TIME, I HAD MY LEGS WAXED, UP TO AND INCLUDING THE BINKINI LINE. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THE NUMBNESS OF THE M.S. IS A *REAL* BLESSING IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES JUST REMEMBERNG THAT!

I THINK WE ARE ALL TOO HARD ON OURSELVES. I MEAN, I SPEND SO MUCH TIME GIVING MYSELF HELL THAT I SOMETIMES HAVE NO TIME LEFT TO ACTUALLY *DO* ANYTHING HEY, THAT'S A CLEVER WAY TO GET OUT OF EXERCISING (NOT!).

HOW'S THIS FOR A COP OUT? I AM THINKING I HAD MAYBE BETTER LEAVE STARTING BFL FOR REAL UNTIL NEXT WEEK. WE HAVE COMPANY COMING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER IN THE WEEK, AND I AM NOT SURE HOW I WILL FIT IN THE EXERCISE SCHEDULE. ALSO, CHRIS GOES AWAY NEXT SUNDAY EVENING FOR A 5-DAY COURSE IN EDINBURGH-NO DISTRACTIONS!

NOT TO COMPLETELY WEASEL OUT, I *DO* PLAN TO START DAILY EXERCISING TOMORROW, IT JUST WON'T BE THE BFL SCHEDULT. I THINK IT IS TIME TO BRING OUT THE BELLY DANCING VIDEO! I ALSO HAVE AN "OXYCISE" ONE (MOTHER ALSO) THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT. I THINK I WILL HAVE PLENTY TO KEEP ME GOING THIS WEEK WHILE I GET MYSELF PSYCHED UP TO START THE 12 WEEKS. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT NEEDS TO BE A *REAL* COMMITMENT.

WAIT A MINUTE, I DON'T *PLAN* TO START DAILY EXERCISE TOMORROW; I'LL *DO* IT! BY THIS TIME TOMORROW, I WILL HAVE STARTED MY BELLY DANCING OR OXYCISING OR...

DOODLE, I FIND YOU INSPIRATIONAL. I MEAN, IF YOU CAN DO *ANYTHING* WITH KIDS (HOW MANY AND WHAT AGES, IF I MAY ASK), I CAN SURELY GET OFF MY ARSE LONG ENOUGH TO DO A BELLY DANCING VIDEO! THE LORD HASN'T SEEN FIT TO BLESS ME WITH CHILDREN , SO LET'S SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT TALKING HIM INTO GIVING ME A FLAT STOMACH
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 01:26

BF:

Beth, I think we need to set up a mutual fan club... kindred spirits or what?
I have 3 daughters, Meg is 11, Hannah is nearly 6 and Grace is (very very) 2. Peter is 33 . They are the funniest, most interesting, honest, and insightful people I have ever known. they absolutely crack me up and leave me for dead. It is exhausting, and sometimes it feels like I have been a Mom forever (I was 21). But having them completely turned my life around. I will try and insert a picture here if I can.
Oh, and I WOULD leave BFL until nest week, it is always havndy to have a week or two of "practice time". Get the book out, and study, even try, the exercises. You will be far more confident when you start for real.
Doods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0149.jpg (130.4 KB, 46 views)
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 07:35

BF:

Great LBWO today, and I did cardio too, as it warms me up, and gives me the best buzz.
I find however that LBWO are much harder for me than UBWO... my knees start to shake after a while and I get goose bumps. Very strange. I think it is because I store most of my fat on my lower body, and it is much weaker than my upper body... make any sense?
Doods.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 10:15

BF:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PHOTO, DOODS. I DON'T NEED TO TELL YOU, BUT WHAT ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS YOU HAVE MY, BUT THEY ARE GLORIOUS! I ONLY HAVE THE ONE, CHRIS, WHO'S 32

THE ABILITY TO RAISE CHILDREN, AND RAISE THEM WELL MUST BE THE SINGLE GREATEST GIFT. I CAN BE ALL SENTIMENTAL AND GUSHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE TANTRUMS, THE SULKS, THE WORRIES, THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, AND ALL THE OTHER "JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD" AS MY MOTHER USED TO CALL THE LESS THAN WONDERFUL THINGS

AT THIS POINT (41) I AM NOT EXPECTING ANY SUDDEN SURPRISES IN THAT DIRECTION. I HAD AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY IN 1998 AND NOTHING SINCE THEN,THOUGH WAS TOLD I HAD A COUPLE OF "PROBABLE EARLY MISCARRIAGES", YOU KNOW, JUST A FEW WEEKS WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA ANYTHING IS HAPPENING. I HAVE BEEN SO LUCKY THAT WAY. I MEAN, IF I *HAVE* LOST 3 CHILDREN (GOD FORBID), I NEVER EVEN KNEW I WAS PREGNANT (EVEN WITH THE ECTOPIC), SO NEVER HAD ANY OF THE AWFUL HEARTBREAK. WITH THE ECTOPIC, IT WAS DISCOVERED AND SORTED *SO* FAST, I WAS JUST GLAD I DIDN'T DIE (BETWEEN THE ECTOPIC ITSELF, AND SOME INTERNAL BLEEDNG THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE IT WAS APPARENTLY A CLOSE THING). ANYWAY, AFTER THAT, I HAD DRUG TREATMENT (CLOMID), BUT NO JOY. THEN WHEN THEY FINALLY GOT AROUND TO INSPECTING MY ONE REMAINING TUBE, I WAS TOLD IT WAS AT LEAST PARTIALLY BLOCKED, SO NOT TO GO PICKING BABY NAMES. I'D LOVE TO PROVE THE CONSULTANTS WRONG BUT BETWEEN MY AGE AND THE M.S., THINGS ARE PROBABLY EXACTLY AS THEY SHOULD BE

I AM A BIT DOWN TODAY (CAN YOU TELL ), AS PROVEN TO ME BY THE ENTIRE 10-OUNCE TUB OF DOUBLE CREAM THAT I ATE. I DIDNT CATCH MYSELF UNTIL AFTERWARDS, AND THOUGHT, OOPS, HOW DID *THAT* HAPPEN? MY CONSOLATION IS THAT WHEN I "CHEAT", I CHEAT WITH ALLOWED FOODS, AND DON'T SEEM TO GO OFF ON BENDERS WITH "FORBIDDEN FRUITS".

WHAT GOT ME WAS MY NEW EXERCISE PLAN. I GOT OUT THE OXYCISE BOOK AND TAPES, AND STARTED READING THE BOOK. EASY PEASY, FINE, NO PROBLEM...UNTIL I STARTED IT

"NO IMPACT" IT IS CALLED. NO IMPACT? MECHTY, THERE MIGHT NOT BE ANY IMPACT, BUT IT IS FAIR EXHAUSTING! I COULDN'T EVEN GET THROUGH THE VERY FIRST 15-MINUTE WORKOUT. ALL THAT DEEP, DEEP BREATHING MADE ME SO DIZZY AND SHAKY I WAS HAVING TO LITERALLY SIT DOWN BEWTEEN REPS, TO RECOVER AND GET "UNDIZZY". SO, I MANAGED ABOUT HALF OF THE FIRST "15-MINUTE WORKOUT", AND IT TOOK ME HALF-AN-HOUR! THE NEXT THING I KNEW, I WAS LOOKING AT THE BOTTOM OF A FORMERLY FULL TUB OF CREAM! GOSH, HAVEN'T DONE *THAT* IN AWHILE

SO, MAYBE I NEED TO RETHINK THE OXYCISE. I HAVE A FEW EXERCISE VIDEOS OF ONE TYPE OR ANOTHER-HAVEN'T TRIED THE BELLYDANCING ONE YET

STILL, 7.5 MINUTES OF A 15-MINUTE WORKOUT IS THAT MUCH MORE EXERCISE THAN I DID YESTERDAY

SORRY TO BE NEGATIVE; IT ANNOYS ME

YOU'RE DOING GREAT, OUR DOODS. KEEP IT UP! YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT LEAVING BFL FOR A WEEK; I'LL WORK UP TO IT. HEY, MAYBE ONE OF MY FIVE GOALS SHOULD BE ACTUALLY GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE I CAN START IT

HOPE THIS WASN'T TOO PERSONAL!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Well the exam went ok...78.5%...not at good as I had hoped, but not as bad as I subconsciously expected. The average mark was 76% so at least I was on the upper side!!

I have been getting at least some walking in every day. I managed some crunches, push-ups and squats here and there too. I'm trying to keep those every second day, but the walking/running everyday. I am actually starting to notice little changes here and there.

Doods--your kids are so cute!! I bet they keep you busy though!!

Beth--glad to have you aboard!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the BFL. I started it, but had to give it up because I had too many other things on my plate. I'm trying to work up to having the dedication to exercise everyday before I commit to the full 12 weeks. It's much easier to find 20-30 minutes to exercise while I am going to school full-time in the summer than the full hour that is required for the UB and LB WOs. After next week my time should be freeing up a little bit, so I may start back. Be sure to keep us posted on your results!!

Anna--how did you make out with the scales? Any rewards for all your hard workouts? Keep it up!! And keep us posted!!

KC
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 08:05

BF:

Hi ladies! I just had to share my excitement with you!!

Since May 29th I have lost:

1" off my waist
1" off my hips
1" off each thigh
.25" off each calf

But somehow I managed to gain:

.25" on each forearm

It must be the pushups/tricep pushups. Oh well. As long as I don't end up like Popeye I will be happy.

I had a 3lb gain so I decided to check my measurements, and voila! I will take gains with inches lost any day!!

I walked to school and back today and yesterday and got a run/walk in last night. I think I will be better off running by myself until I get my stamina back. I timed myself and can only run 1/5 mins before having to stop. I only stop for 1 minute though and then go again. I think I am going to bring my running gear to school with me and start running around the field. It is always empty when I see it, so I'm sure I wouldn't be disturbing anyone.

How has everyone else been doing? Keep me posted!!

KC
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 03:55

BF:

WOOHOO, SLIMCHANCE! I WOULD SAY YOU GO GIRL, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALREADY ARE

WELL DONE; YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 19:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/225/175
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Hello!

I have read most of the things you have all posted & I think it is great that you are trying to be accountable to each other for this thing called exercise!!
I am doing a modified BFL..I am on my 2nd challenge..I just call it that because I like measuring my progress in 12 week periods..
I have also upped my weight lifting alot..i work out 4 days a week with heavy(well heavy to me) weights..I am constantly upping them..so i am making progress..
I have lost 26 lbs since jan 1..& a total of 25 inches! I am now on week 4 of C2

I would love to join you all when I have time..let me introduce myself a bit..(how rude of me)

My name is Jackie..I am in Minnesota..I am a single mother of a 8 yr old boy..I work contruction in the summer but I am giving that all up to go to school this fall..full time...it is scary but I have to do something..oh I am 35 yrs old/..

well I will try to check back often..today is my rest day from working out so I had some extra time..

good luck on the workouts tomorrow!!

Jackie
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 20:00

BF:

Hi Jackie! And welcome to our support group...of sorts!

Today was a good day for me. I got some running in, and I walked home from school. I plan to do some crunches before bed, and hopefully get up early to run again, but it will all depend on the weather and the darn alarm clock...it just seems to get quieter and quieter...especially since I know where the snooze button is...even in my sleep!

I am hoping to get back down to 150 by the end of the week, but I'm not holding my breath. My body is going through some strange changes with all this exercise, even though it doesn't really seem as though I'm doing that much. I guess it's because I'm exercising in fits and spurts, so I don't really realize how much I accomplish in the run of a day.

So I had my black tankini on today...actually it's still on. It helps me to get my butt off this chair and to actually do something active. I noticed a BIG change in my body shape today....??? I'm not sure why that is. Does anyone else have fat days and thin days? Most of my fat days seem to fall when I am going shopping for new clothes...those changeroom mirrors should all be sent to the circus funhouse!! I am having a thin day for some reason...far less bulging than before. I have to get in shape for this summer because I am investing in a kiddie-pool this summer. I live in a small apartment building (6 apartments) with nothing but a parking lot out back big enough for 6 cars. I think I am going to park my car on the street and put my wading pool in my spot. I know everyone in the building, so it should be a hoot. I will have to post pics after the first really hot day. Most of the people in this building are of the weaker sex...er...I mean 20-something guys and I can be sure that they will have their beer coolers out by my pool when it's hot. I have until about the 1st of July before I get that pool, so I have a lot of work to do before then...but not as much work as I had a month ago!! I am finally starting to feel good about my body...not great, but good, and I'll take that for now! I haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Well that's about enough foolishness from me for now! How did everyone else do today?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

Cheers!
KC
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 04:28

BF:

HEY, TATTOOED MOM, GREAT TO MEET YOU. THAT IS AWESOME THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO BACK FOR MORE EDUCATION. IT IS SUCH A POSITIVE STEP. WELL DONE

I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE MODIFIED BFL, AND REALLY, IT IS WHAT I NEED TO BE DOING. IF I WAIT UNTIL I CAN DO A "BILL PHILLIPS" BEFORE I START, IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN. I AM EXERCISING EVERY DAY THIS WEEK (DID MY FIRST UBWO YESTERDAY) AND HOPE I WILL FEEL READY WITHIN MYSELF TO START THE CHALLENGE ON MONDAY. IF I ALLOW SOME MODIFICATION, I BET I CAN DO IT!

SLIMCHANCE, YOU ARE DOING SO WELL IT WOULD BE JEALOUSY-INDUCING IF WE WEREN'T ALL SO PROUD OF YOU! I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER HAVE A TANKINI FIGURE, BUT I DID HAVE TO BUY 2 NEW BRAS YESTERDAY, A SIZE SMALLER, BECAUSE THE OLD, TATTY, UGLY ONES I HAVE WERE GETTING SO BIG AS TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE MY HUSBAND WAS UPSET WHEN I SAID I BOUGHT SMALLER BRAS, UNTIL I TOLD HIM THAT A SMALLER BRA SIZE DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN A SMALLER CUP SIZE

AMAZINGLY, ONE OF THE LOCAL SUPERMARKETS, ASDA, SELLS CLOTHES, AND I ACTUALLY FOUND 2 PRETTY, AS WELL AS COMFORTABLE, UNDERWIRED BRAS FOR CHEAPER THAN THE LAST ONE I BOUGHT A YEAR OR SO AGO! THE SALES ASSISTANT WAS ACTUALLY TRYING TO TALK ME INTO TRYING SOME ITTY BITTY PANTS (PANTIES), THONG-STYLE. IF THEY'D HAD THEM IN MY SIZE, I DON'T THINK SHE'D HAVE LET ME WALK OUT WITHOUT THEM I FOUND THAT REALLY ENCOURAGING, A SALESWOMAN LOOKING AT ME AND SEEING A "SEXY UNDERWEAR" TYPE. GOODNESS KNOWS MY HUSBAND WOULDN'T OBJECT. I MIGHT HATE THE THOUGHT OF MY BACKSIDE IN A THONG, BUT I'LL BET HE WOULDN'T, BLESS HIM.

TODAY, FOR MY "CARDIO", AM WALKING TO THE BANK ( A MILE EACH WAY), AND THE PLAN IS NO WALKING STICK!

AINT LIFE GRAND?
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 05:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by lossiebeth
HOPE THIS WASN'T TOO PERSONAL!

Beth, I think you know by now that just isn't possible with me... my heart is dragging along the floor behind me.... I never was much good at keeping my feelings/thoughts hidden!

Ok, so it just is not possible to work out and look after a 2 year old at the same time. Mid UBWO I looked up to see Grace standing on the computer table, attempting to get on top of the computer. I guess this is what I need to insure I leap out of bed in the morning a start my day with a good dose of endorphines!
Ugh, the thought of it is enough to send me into a comatose state.
HELP ME!!!!!
Doods.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 03:47

BF:

Quote:
I never was much good at keeping my feelings/thoughts hidden!

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. IF I WASN'T SEVERAL YEARS OLDER THAN YOU I'D BEGIN TO WONDER IF WE WEREN'T TWINS SEPARATED AT BIRTH BUT THEN, I'M NOT PART YANKEE
Quote:
Mid UBWO I looked up to see Grace standing on the computer table, attempting to get on top of the computer.

NOW, DOODS, WHAT'S TO WORRY ABOUT? SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO E-MAIL US TO LET US KNOW HOW WELL YOU WERE DOING MECHTY, WHO NEEDS WORKOUTS WHEN YOU HAVE A 2-YEAR-OLD?
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 19:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/225/175
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Thanks for the nice welcome!

Hi all
thanks for the nice welcome..this will be short tonight because I just got home from a long day at work & I am going to lay down on the couch..
My whole week was kind of shot when my favorite person in the world..my grandma..who practically raised me & also babysits for me while I am at work..had a stroke yesterday..they said she had a little one..but she seems more disoriented today..
so I have not been myself..but I will be back at it tomorrow..
I knew that something could happen at any time to her she is old..but she has just always been here for me & was always the same I don't know how I will get along with out her..but I know I will..

ok enough blubbering..I am off to rest on the couch..

night

Jackie

& workouts start up again tomorrow..I will also try to post a pic tomorrow for you all too!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red.jpg (92.4 KB, 19 views)