Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-12, 18:22

Plan: Primal/whole 30
Stats: 208/179/158 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI 27,goal 25
Progress: 58%
Default Primal- May be my permanent lifestyle

I recently restarted LC which I have been doing off and on for years. After doing more research, I decided to go primal. Wow, I have never felt better! Skin clearing up, more energy, losing weight, more toned those are always norms for me when I LC. I always tell myself I will keep up the LC permanently and then I fall off the wagon eventually around chips, breads, pastas, pizza and when under stress.

This time I really feel like I may have turned a corner. Maybe because it's 43 and if I don't keep my weight under control I will be on permanent high blood pressure meds. Or maybe for the first time in my life I am not having cravings. I have been eating meat, veggie, some berries as my fruit, hard cheese, 2 percent Fage yogurt as my occasional dairy. Almond milk/coconut milk as my milk substitutes in coffee or my protein powder smoothies. Mostly walnuts as a snack because I don't overeat them. With macademian nuts as my treat, i love them too much. I don't do rice, or potatoes though just because I am still trying to lose and frankly I am just not tempted by those foods.

No grains, or wheat. Even gave up peanut butter and switched to almond butter which I don't overeat. Just water, 1 cup of morning coffee and occasional unsweetened tea to drink. I have some low carb bars as my emergency stash. But, I haven't felt the need to dip into them at all!

Finally, I can have chips in the house without being tempted! A big one for me (I live with 4 others and 3 of them though they eat healthy most of the time, don't need to diet so occasionally they do have treats in the house that tempt momma!) I am staying pretty full as I usually do when I low carb but I am not having cravings which I have always struggled. I hope it lasts!

I don't even care that much at this point at what rate I am losing as long as it comes off though it has been coming off. I just want a lifestyle I can keep on without the constant yo/yo in weight so I can stave off my family history of bp and diabetes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-12, 19:43

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 165/152/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Great job. Keep the momentum going!!!

I have the same problem as you. Back and forth, back and forth. Whenever I get close to my ideal weight, I think I'm better again and then start eating sandwiches and nachos. Not this time tho! I'm committed to the good diet and good health, just like you. I have to keep reminding myself how much better I feel on this diet compared with the sandwich and nacho diet.

Somehow, being involved in this forum makes it easier.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 11:50

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Same here...primal is totally different than Adkins.

I don't even want the processed foods anymore. Although I never did eat processed on Adkins either, I always felt out of sorts.

This just seems effortless.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 17:44

I even went whole 30 for the last 11 days and I am still pretty happy with my diet if the scale would move again! lol I am down 8 lbs for the month so far so pretty pleased anyway.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 00:40

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone
Same here...primal is totally different than Adkins.

I don't even want the processed foods anymore. Although I never did eat processed on Adkins either, I always felt out of sorts.

This just seems effortless.
I find it hard to believe that somebody that was on the Atkins diet doesn't know how to spell the name of it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 08:35
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Primal is great!

Also 10% fage yoghurt is much better than 2% and more primal.

Lee
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 09:47

Well, there you go Warren D...sometimes the unbelievable is true!

There's a lot of difference b/t not knowing and menopausal brain fog, but being a man you wouldn't know anything about that.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemack
Primal is great!

Also 10% fage yoghurt is much better than 2% and more primal.

Lee

I will have to try it, I can only usually find 2 percent and 0 percent.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-12, 02:36

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone
Well, there you go Warren D...sometimes the unbelievable is true!

There's a lot of difference b/t not knowing and menopausal brain fog, but being a man you wouldn't know anything about that.
I've had some sort of brain fog but I don't think it was menopausal?

Anyway, it's just that some people claim they have been on Atkins etc when they have not read the books and I think it's a bit unfair for peope to say that they have followed and failed on a diet that they havn't really tried. I just wanted to be sure that you have actually read the book.

Last edited by Warren D : Sat, Jul-28-12 at 02:45.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-12, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 241/225/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 20%

I thought NO dairy on Primal diet????
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-12, 18:57
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by erialicia
I thought NO dairy on Primal diet????

Primal allows dairy. Strict paleo doesn't.

Lee
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-12, 07:39

Yes, I read the book about 20 years ago. Still have it. Yellowed and crinkled and faded and thumbed to death.

I do like Atkins and found it very beneficial, however I find the induction phase too low for me and find primal to be more satisfactory overall. I'm one of those people that when my carbs are too low I get irritable and tired/weak.

When I did Atkins, I did it clean and with only whole foods. No frankenfoods. Because this is the way I did it, for me, Primal is basically Atkins with a little more carbs. I do eat high fat dairy occasionally. Cheese (only mozarella and gouda), and whole cream in coffee (which I'm not supposed to have but there you go 90/10).
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-12, 10:04

Plan: Primal/CAD
Stats: 198/185/140 Female 63inches
BF:nunya :)
Progress: 22%

Primal allows me to be flexible and not hate myself in the morning. I follow the 80/20 rule and have lost weight with ease. It's not always fun, but I bought the primal cookbook as well and it helps with ideas. like, what to do with spaghetti squash. or I take kebobs and use chunks of chicken wrapped in bacon and alternate with red green and yellow peppers, onions with some zucchini on there as well. Makes the best leftovers too season with a little salt pepper, lemon juice.
I went on a cruise earlier this summer and was able to adhere to the diet, because fruit is allowed I had portable snacks .
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-12, 13:22

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren D
I find it hard to believe that somebody that was on the Atkins diet doesn't know how to spell the name of it.

Adkins is a common surname here, like the famous singer Trace Adkins. I think that's why people get confused.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-12, 18:20
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I'm switching to either Paleo or Primal, but I'll have to wait until I finish my Whole30 challenge mid-September to make up my mind. No problems on it so far. Giving up the sweeteners has been the hardest for me so far. But I'm getting used to the black coffee now.

I do love cream sauces on main dishes and don't want them all to have a coconut flavor, so Primal may win out in the end. We'll see.