Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 11:27

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Mine went away four years ago when I went gluten free. I have no idea why. A lot of other people have had the same experience going gluten free and many more when going paleo.

Just did a Google search and as you say others feel they have had the same experience. Interesting
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 11:51

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Wow just saw this thread. I too have PF and am trying to get a heel spur. Last year (started in the spring) I had discomfort in both feet. I changed shoes and my right foot stopped hurting. I finally went to Dr with my left foot once the pain got unbearable.
between late Oct and early Dec I got three shots in the heel. After the first shot I was sent home with instep support (arch supports) and heel cushions. Give an anti inflamitory and told to stay off of them as much as possible until my next visit (2 weeks). I ended up with orthodics and I have to say my right foot is still pain free and my left foot is just slightly uncomfortable.

I was told to NOT go barefooted, ever. I was told to wear lace up shoes only. That if I had an occation where they were not appropiate that I could wear other shoes for short period of times once or twice a week. I was told that crocs offer no support for my arch, which directly affects my PF.

It's better but it's not normal as my right foot. I do occationally get a stabbing pain from the site of the slight heel spur.

Would be nice if lowcarb would help my pain.

Thanks everyone for the information
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 07:42

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
After the first shot I was sent home with instep support (arch supports) and heel cushions. Give an anti inflamitory and told to stay off of them as much as possible until my next visit (2 weeks). I ended up with orthodics and I have to say my right foot is still pain free and my left foot is just slightly uncomfortable.
I was told that crocs offer no support for my arch, which directly affects my PF.

I think the arch support helps me but not ready to replace all the existing foot ware. Hope things improve it can take a while.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 08:29

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

i understand on the shoe issues. I have yet to toss or get rid of any shoes. In my mind I keep thinking if my right foot is pain free that someday my left foot will be too. I know following dr's instructions has helped me to get where I am.

I do wear lace up shoes most of the time. I have found a pair of sandles that provide great support (chacos), not cheap but great support for arch and heel.
I save my heels for church and other functions where lace ups are inappropiate.

I love my western boots and yep if I take out the insole in them and put in my orthotics they work just fine.