Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 08:59
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5 FT, 4 IN.
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Dropped from the list!

Very strange....was just wandering around the website this morning and came across this thread that apparently I started last May. Somehow I wasn't getting notification of replies and had no idea that there were so many. Maybe I did something wrong - not too computer savvy... So nice to hear from fellow So. Californians. I am in Costa Mesa. I, too, recently found out about the new store opening in February in Huntington Beach. I was at the Carbsmart booth at the swap meet (yes, in the last row - "food alley"). You can also order online and pick up at the swap meet as well as at their warehouse. I got some LC bread for the first time and really like it as an every-few-days treat. I think the carb count is only 2.5 per slice but the slices are really thin. Oh well, nice to have actual toast or egg salad on bread sometimes. The guy at the booth told me that there will be annoucements on the carbsmart website (you can sign up for their mailing list) when the store opens.
Anyway - glad that there are so many of us out there trading secrets. Good luck to all!
Karen
p.s. - and yes, hasn't the weather been unbelievable!? It's always fun to watch football games on tv where they are freezing their tushies off and I'm wearing shorts! There's a reason we pay what we do to live here!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 11:50

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default More finds and bargains...

Just wanted to tip you folks off to some my latest LC finds and bargains in SoCal...

Alberston's...I've noticed that they've been carrying a growing number of LC items since Jan 1 and most of these have been on sale including...Atkins Choc Chip and Org Cranberry Muffin Mix ...Atkins Sourdough and White Bread Mix...Sorbee Cookies (as many say these are REALLY good, but only appropriate on maintenance)...Lean Protein Bites (these are in the nat food section not the diet section like the other items)...

Cost Plus...I don't know how long the sale will last, but they've the 750ML bottles of Torani SF syrups for $3.99...these aren't quite as good as DaVinci (they use a Splenda/AceK sweetener mix instead of all Splenda) but still pretty good and they have a pretty good selection...Rasberry, BLack Cherry, Caramel, Hazelnut, English Toffee, Chocolate, and Vanilla. A can of Diet Rite and a splash of the Black Cherry makes an incredible "Cherry Coke".

Brian
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:28

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

Okay, time to mooooove this thread up to the front page! LOL I wonder how all the people that posted a year ago are doing. Are you still reading this?

I just started LCing again after a five year hiatus. I was following Protein Power then, and I just couldn't stick with it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do different this time, but I'm reading several different books to get an idea what's out there.

I also in Irvine...and I'm very close to Mother's Market, Trader Joes, and Wild Oats (UCI area). So far, I've just been to Trader Joes. Maybe it's because I've only been back on LC for a couple of days and haven't gotten completely bored yet.
I will check out the synergydiet and carbsmart sites though. I love finding stuff on websites!

I tried a Carbolite bar yesterday. Not bad. I also bought a few bars by other companies. I'm ambivalent about them. On one hand, it is nice to have a semi-legal sweet things...on the other, it seems to be missing the whole point. I wonder how the maltitol will effect me. And then there are all the other chemicals in those things. Who knows if they are healthy or not, right?

Suzanne
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 21:27

Plan: Atkins, Carb Addicts
Stats: 100/100/95
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default San Diego!

Allo Southern' Californians! Ok, I must admit I'm actually a Chicago girl, but I'm currently residing in San Diego...anywho, if y'all are ever down this way check out a place called Sweet 'n Sugarfree near Genesee and Balboa. They have oodles of low carb/sugarfree stuff (bread, bagels, Muffins, candies, cake mix, cereal, etc.), all the people who work there are diabetics and the absolute sweetest folks! Also, they have six different flavors each day of Carbolite soft serve (there are at least 112 flavors total) and low-carb cake with only 90 calories that is TO DIE FOR!!!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 22:23

Question

Yeah well, I'm an Iowa girl, but I happen to live in Orange County now.

That store sounds awesome. Once in a while I go down to San Diego to see some friends there; perhaps I will go early and raid that store! LOL

Anniebella, I'm curious about your stats. Have you been dieting a while? Why would you be going on this diet if you only weigh 100 lbs? You're only two inches shorter than me; at 100 (or even 110) pounds, I would be emaciated.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%

Nice earthquakes we've been haveing lately.

Last edited by diget77 : Wed, Feb-26-03 at 08:52.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 11:57

I didn't feel it down here. I was fast asleep.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:35

Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%
Default Anniebella

Anniebella,
I would like to say that I am concerned about you and that you may need some personal help. I am not trying to tell you how to run your life or what to do...You might want to check out these sights below.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=32164
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=35610

try fitday.com to see the healthy height/weight chart. You will find that you are extremely below the healthy weight for your height, even me at 2-3 inches shorterthan you, only have a lowest healthy weight of 107.
I know you will continue to do what you are going to do, I just want you to know that some of us really care about others and don't want to see you hurt yourself.

Last edited by diget77 : Wed, Feb-26-03 at 13:37.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:11

Plan: SPII
Stats: 50/35/01 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Synergy Diet in Pasadena

Hi all. I'm in SoCal too. Synergy Diet has an online store with lots of low carb products, and their warehouse is in Pasadena. You can shop the warehouse, but you have to call first to make sure you know when they'll be open. Their hours are a little flaky and not what is posted on the website. Their online site may be reached at www.synergydiet.com.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 14:48

Stats: 161/146/135
BF:00/35%/24%
Progress: 58%
Post Hi-Desert

Hey So. Californians.

The Albertsons in my area has TONS of LC stuff. Dressings, syrups, bars, etc. At first I was trying them all, but I really stalled using those bars (4 x's per week)

A week and a half ago I stopped them altogether and I've lost 2 more lbs. I will only use them maybe once a week if I get a craving.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...l?owner=cakes66

#41   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 22:59

Plan: Zone
Stats: 185/185/125
BF:33%/33%/20%
Progress: 0%
Default Zone Cooking Co-Op

I live in Redondo Beach, California. I am interested in a cooking co-op in our area. A cooking co-op is a group of people who prepare meals for one another on a rotating basis. You don't eat together, rather, one day a week you simply fix enough dinner for everyone in your co-op. The other days you rest and meals are delivered to you. I would like to do it from the Zone Diet. Interested?
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 01:26
Registered Member

Stats: 175/153/150 Male 5' 6"
BF:26%/21%/15%
Progress: 88%

#43   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:33

Stats: 205/178/125 Female 5'4" (ft & Inches)
BF:Tons not sure
Progress: 34%
Question BBQ Anyone In So Cali?...

I saw this thread and I wanted to take a head count. Laural started another thread about having a BBQ (Low-Carb-Aque) we were all thinking sometime in July. Most likely at Irvine Park. Raise your hand if you are in Hehehe but seriously though we already have a few people to come, but it would be great if you all could join us too after all the more the merrier! Post post post with your thoughts on the matter
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 11:13

Doesn't seem like there would be much response if you go by the activity in this thread. What's up with all the Californians??

I might be game. I'm in Irvine.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5 FT, 4 IN.
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default bbq

Zandria72-
Have you checked out the other So Cal thread? Seems to be more activity over there...
Karen