Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-11, 19:42
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Blackberry Cobbler [Carbquik]

This is what I did with the other half of the bag of blackberries leftover from my Blackberry Ice Cream experiment earlier this week. This came out VERY good! Now that I've found a good pie crust recipe, I'm beginning to explore pies, cobblers and empanadas a bit more. I purposely made a small cobbler because I'm not eating desserts much these days. Just sample them and evaluate the final results to see if the recipe is worthy of posting on my website. This one definitely passes all tests.

Once again, my husband requested a blackberry cobbler so I made him a fairly small pan of this tonight using my “Flour” Crust. This recipe only has 5 small servings because blackberries are quite high in carbs. But the result was quite good for my first low-carb cobbler attempt. Just the right amount of fruit, liquid and sweetness. This recipe is not suitable until the berries rung of OWL.

INGREDIENTS:

1½ c. frozen blackberries (no sugar added)
½ c. water
½ c.granular Splenda
½ c. + 2 T. erythritol
1/3 tsp. xanthan gum (or your favorite thickener)
2 T. cold butter
1 recipe Peggy’s “Flour” Pie Crust: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/1...lour-pie-crust/

DIRECTIONS: Make up the pie crust per that recipe’s instructions. You will need 1/2 of the dough for this small cobbler. Freeze the rest of the dough in a sandwich bag for up to 1 month for some other use. Set dough aside while you prepare the filling.

Preheat oven to 350º. Put the Splenda, erythritol and xanthan gum in a small mixing bowl and stir. Add berries and water stir well. Butter a 5×7 baking dish and add berry mixture. Dot with the 2 T. butter. Roll pastry out between two pieces of plastic to slightly larger than your dish size. Peel off the top plastic, lift pastry in middle by lower plastic and fold/lift to put over fruit. Center the pastry over the dish. Slowly peel of remaining plastic. Fold excess crust edges inward and crimp against the side of the dish to prevent bubble-over during cooking as much as possible. Pop into a 350º oven and bake until lightly browned, which will take about 3o-35 minutes. Partially cool. I think this is best served warm.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 5 servings, each contains:

140 calories
10.82 g fat
16.72 g carbs, 9.04 g fiber, 7.68 g NET CARBS
3.22 g protein
30% RDA Vitamin E, 60% copper, 33% magnesium, 60% manganese, 26% phosphorous, 20% thiamin, 66 mg potassium
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-11, 12:47
Patience Personified

BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Individual Blackberry Cobbler

I’m trying to come up with individual servings of many of my dessert recipes and today’s experiment was blackberry cobbler for one. Sure was good after my lunch today! It’s the high fiber from the oat fiber and flax in the crust that pulls the carb count down to a respectable per serving number. One who has reached the grains rung of OWL can enjoy this wonderful dessert!

For anyone interested, a full recipe of my pie crust will make 4 of these individual cobblers. Of course, you would have to quadruple the filling ingredients if you wanted to make four of these at one time and perhaps freeze them for 1-2 months max.

INGREDIENTS:

3 oz. fresh blackberries
1 oz. (2 T.) water (or juice from frozen berries if using frozen)
5 drops liquid Splenda (or equivalent)
2 T. erythritol
3/4 T. unsalted butter
¼ tsp. xanthan gum (or your favorite thickener)
¼ recipe of my “Flour” Pie Crust: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/1...lour-pie-crust/

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Make pie crust per that recipe’s instructions. Divide crust dough into 4 equal parts. You will only need 1/4 of the dough for this individual cobbler. Freeze the rest in a sandwich bag for up to 2 months for either a small 9″ pie or three more of these individual pies/cobblers. Roll crust between two pieces of plastic wrap to a circle slightly larger than your ramekin. My ramekin pictured above is 4¼” in diameter and I rolled dough into a 5″ round. Next, butter your ramekin with 1 tsp. butter or coconut oil. In a small bowl, lightly toss the berries with the water, Splenda, erythritol and xanthan gum. Pour into greased ramekin. Dot with the butter. Remove top plastic from dough and lift dough, centered onto the ramekin. Push it gently down over the berries. Fold the edges of the dough inward and pinch snugly against the wall of the ramekin. Place ramekin on oven-proof pan and bake in preheated 350º oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden. I like to serve cobbler while it is still slightly warm.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 1 serving which contains:

274 calories
24.7 g fat
26.8 g carbs, 21.5 g fiber, 5.3 g NET CARBS
7.88 g protein
165 mg sodium
140 mg potassium
12% RDA Vitamin A, 27% C, 67% E, 136% copper, 74% iron, 55% magnesium, 92% manganese, 50% phosphorous, 40% thiamin
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-11, 17:43

Plan: south beach
Stats: 168/168/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 0%

I will be at your house tomarrow,lol
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 07:35
Patience Personified