Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-11, 08:00

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Eric honey, you've lost over 200lbs! Don't be sad about surgery, CELEBRATE with surgery! I bet you look totally hot. I'm getting a face lift (and probably a tummy tuck) after I've been at goal for one year. (Wow. Over 200lbs! YOU are to be celebrated!)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-11, 08:39

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 202/175/150 Female 5ft3 / 63in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I had always been a B cup, til I started taking the pill, and put on weight, I became a C cup. I've lost some of the weight and am still on the pill, and have remained a C cup. Sooo I'm going to guess the pill was mostly the cause there. When I get beneath 160lbs I guess I'll find out if I'll be buying B-cups again!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 07:43

Plan: Primal
Stats: 478.4/248.0/228 Male 73
BF:28.9%
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue333
Eric honey, you've lost over 200lbs! Don't be sad about surgery, CELEBRATE with surgery! I bet you look totally hot. I'm getting a face lift (and probably a tummy tuck) after I've been at goal for one year. (Wow. Over 200lbs! YOU are to be celebrated!)

ahh ty

trouble is there are 40,000 reasons for me not getting surgery and they all start with a £
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: General
Stats: 230/212/103 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I had a boob job when I was 24, so even after I lose the 100+ lbs I have to go, I'll still have boobs. But they'll be really saggy, so I'll have to get a lift, and go down from a DD to a C.

If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have. Just remember, small girls, when you're 40, they'll still be pretty damned perky.

I breastfed my daughter on demand for two years; no problem at all with the implants (saline).
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: General
Stats: 230/212/103 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I had a boob job when I was 24, so even after I lose the 100+ lbs I have to go, I'll still have boobs. But they'll be really saggy, so I'll have to get a lift, and go down from a DD to a C.

If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have. Just remember, small girls, when you're 40, they'll still be pretty damned perky.

I breastfed my daughter on demand for two years; no problem at all with the implants (saline).
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 08:22

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

I'm sorry Eric. Any chance the NHS will pay? In Canada tummy tucks are often paid for when it's a result of massive weight loss (not too sure why anyone would need a tummy tuck EXCEPT for massive weight loss). The face lift, on the other hand, I'm on my own for.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue333
I'm sorry Eric. Any chance the NHS will pay? In Canada tummy tucks are often paid for when it's a result of massive weight loss (not too sure why anyone would need a tummy tuck EXCEPT for massive weight loss). The face lift, on the other hand, I'm on my own for.

my GP said no chance
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 05:38

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Where do you live Eric?...
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
No conflict at all.

I wouldn't stay fat just for a pair of boobs.

exactly!!!! here here for good bras!...
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 08:42

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

It is funny what issues we have with body satisfaction. I've lost 80 pounds, and my boobs simply won't shrink. I need a 32DD bra now. It sure was easier, cheaper and more convenient shopping when I needed a 38DD. But I would never want to regain the weight, just so I would look less like a stripper on top.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 09:25

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 218/175.4/113 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pisch
infact there's nothing worse than a woman with an ample cleavage which suddenly hits her knees when there released

Thank God my hubby doesn't feel the same way.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-11, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaw
Where do you live Eric?...

Kent in the UK
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-11, 05:49

BF:

Well I know of people who have had breast reductions, paid for by the N.H.S. They were mostly " chubby girls " who should have lost weight and they're wouldn't have been a problem...
You have to insist with your G.P. ( some don't want to spend the money...its to do with costs in general! Politics! ). Tell him its affecting you mentally, and lay it on THICK!... its the only way... Your obviously depressed about your situation..don't let your G.P. decide.. Insist on being refered to a Consultant to evaluate your mental state with this surgery in mind. ... Don't give up!... there is money there for this type of help...
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-11, 00:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaw
Well I know of people who have had breast reductions, paid for by the N.H.S. They were mostly " chubby girls " who should have lost weight and they're wouldn't have been a problem...
You have to insist with your G.P. ( some don't want to spend the money...its to do with costs in general! Politics! ). Tell him its affecting you mentally, and lay it on THICK!... its the only way... Your obviously depressed about your situation..don't let your G.P. decide.. Insist on being refered to a Consultant to evaluate your mental state with this surgery in mind. ... Don't give up!... there is money there for this type of help...

the thing that has caught me out is how painful loose skin is, its for ever folding and pinching, especially on my back whilst i sleep, wakes me up every time i move ..

i have never seen anyone mention this
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-11, 05:40

BF:

You get back there and insist your G.P. referes you to a Consultant...your in pain with this for goodness sake.... All the more reason for an intervention..the quality of your life is being hindered.. INSIST! please.... you are the perfect candidate for help.