Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:41

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Me obsessive??? I only weigh myself, take measurements daily. I thought the ketone sticks would help get the focus off the scale. Wish I was as obssesive about house work.

First, I'll have to read the book. I got a quick start book on line. I do have sugar issues so would love to know what to do for insulin resistance. Sugar free apple cidar?? Didn't know it existed. Any idea where to get it?

I've been with my husband for 23 years. Trust me sex isn't going to help LOL
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
There's no crying in dieting! LOL!!! Get back on that horse buddy! Let the family eat McNasty's. You are on a mission to get to the beach this summer and look hot! You are on a mission to make the exes drool! You are on the mission to audition for a movie! You are on a mission to play some sports! Yes, you are on a mission to _________________________ (fill in the blank for us LC Justin)!

Matter of fact, let us all reflect and answer:

I am on a mission to ______________________________!

Startinova

I almost gave in but I didn't. LOL I took the high road and ate something good for me. I am on a mission to become in the best shape of my life!!! Hitting the treadmill soon, it's not easy but I'm not going to give up.

I found my new motto; Never give up! Never surrender!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:53

BF:

Sorry to be on here so much tonight. Hope I'm not monopolizing the conversation. I have no idea how many calories but I'm eating a high fat diet which has to be high in calories

I'm guessing here
2 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon - 600 cal
chicken salad with mayo twice - 1500???
ham - 300 cal

I've been doing low cal for so long. It's hard not to feel guilty with high fat. I really hope it works cause it taste sooo good
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:55

BF:

Go Justin!!!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 19:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Sorry to be on here so much tonight. Hope I'm not monopolizing the conversation. I have no idea how many calories but I'm eating a high fat diet which has to be high in calories

I'm guessing here
2 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon - 600 cal
chicken salad with mayo twice - 1500???
ham - 300 cal

I've been doing low cal for so long. It's hard not to feel guilty with high fat. I really hope it works cause it taste sooo good

As long as you exercise and don't eat too many carbs should still be okay.
Is that regular mayo or low fat?
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 08:03

BF:

Quote:
Go Justin!!!

My french Canadian butt almost died on the treadmill last night but it was well worth it!!! I lost another 2lbs. Making in a total of 26lbs lost in 3 and a half weeks!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 09:05
Registered Member

Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys! Wonderful to get back to the site and see so many friendly faces!

Startinova, wonderful idea:

I am on a mission to a healthy, happy body!

Justin: I LOVE your new motto! (great movie too! )

Kelleygirl: I would never feel bad for being around alot. Sometimes we need more support than others, and if we can't find it here, where could we? Congrats on your 2 more pounds!! Wonderful job!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 16:14

BF:

Hey guys, how's everyone doing today?
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 17:08

BF:

Quote:
Hey guys, how's everyone doing today?

I'm doing great, yourself? I'm hurting all over from last night's workout but the weight lost is worth it!
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 17:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dolphin~
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys! Wonderful to get back to the site and see so many friendly faces!

Startinova, wonderful idea:

I am on a mission to a healthy, happy body!

Justin: I LOVE your new motto! (great movie too! )

Kelleygirl: I would never feel bad for being around alot. Sometimes we need more support than others, and if we can't find it here, where
could we? Congrats on your 2 more pounds!! Wonderful job!

We're happy for you to have joined us. We're all on the same boat on this board!
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 17:40

BF:

Justin, 26 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. Thats amazing. Good for you. Plus you held it together at McDonalds. Not an easy thing to do.

Sounds like you're doing good at the gym. So how long does it take before the aches and pains go away? I'm on week two at the gym. I started a new machine. It's a rotating stair case. I can feel it working because my legs are killing me. I've only been able to make it 20 minutes. Can't complain because the first day I only lasted 5. I'm building up.

Dolphin, thanks for the encouraging words but when I say "two more pounds" it really means two MORE pounds. I'm gaining not lossing. LOL. I'm doing everything I'm suppose to. I'm sticking to meat, eggs and lettuce during induction. No wine!! No cheese!! No nuts!! I'm in ketosis yet I've gained and not lost. I'm trying not to get discouraged.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 17:41

BF:

So Dolphin how are you doing?
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 18:37

BF:

Quote:
Justin, 26 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. Thats amazing. Good for you. Plus you held it together at McDonalds. Not an easy thing to do.

Sounds like you're doing good at the gym. So how long does it take before the aches and pains go away? I'm on week two at the gym. I started a new machine. It's a rotating stair case. I can feel it working because my legs are killing me. I've only been able to make it 20 minutes. Can't complain because the first day I only lasted 5. I'm building up.

Dolphin, thanks for the encouraging words but when I say "two more pounds" it really means two MORE pounds. I'm gaining not lossing. LOL. I'm doing everything I'm suppose to. I'm sticking to meat, eggs and lettuce during induction. No wine!! No cheese!! No nuts!! I'm in ketosis yet I've gained and not lost. I'm trying not to get discouraged.

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough yet but I was thinking of taking up a spinning class at the gym. Not sure if I would survive though. I'm also thinking of using my wii fit again, the thing has been collecting dust for 2 years. LOL
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 19:12

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

HELLO ALL!!!! I have had a super busy day and am gearing up to complete a take home stats test and turn it in by noon tomorrow. Ugh. So glad you're keeping the convo going.

Kellygirl back away from the scale! LOL! Wait on the whooshie fairy. If you're doing what you should be then it is coming. I am going to look up the cocktail for resistance now.

LC Justin good going on the workout and the loss. I'm going give you a run for your money. Big talk from little ole me.

Dolphin so, what's going on with you? What's your deal-y yo?

Anybody heard from Willbthin and IFnewstart today???

Ok, playing my own game: I AM ON A MISSION TO FIT MY OLD CLOTHES. I mean really, I am too cute to look so rough lately. Nothing fits. I guess that's been my lament since I've started on this board.

Gimme a sec and I'll post the info from Atkins.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-11, 19:19

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Here is the deal; I can't find the book. Oy. So, someone's gotta help here because it was such a long list of things to use to get the metabolism started and supplements to help with insulin resistance - meaning, if you're having hard time losing but are doing everything right. It even gave another version of induction. UGH!!! Anybody have an Atkins book around with this list? I have two Atkins books in front of me and I bet it is the one I packed up. I currently have Atkins Essentials and The Atkins Diet Revolution.
Closed Thread