Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-11, 08:03

Plan: LF/LC
Stats: 254/191.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Ladies,
Maybe those of us who are around can start posting our food to help us stay accountable?

I know I need some carbs, but I want to stay away from fried food as much as possible. AND I plan to eat one LC Meal a day - preferable for dinner so I don't go to bed with the carbs in my tummy.

Today for breakfast I had one egg cooked in butter, 2 slices of whole grain toast and 8 oz of OJ.

Lunch - not sure yet.

Dinner - Ribeye steak with cauliflower mash - YUM!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-11, 10:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/120 Female 154cm
BF:34%/32%/20%
Progress: 26%

Ooh good idea. I've been finding that I need some carbs at lunch or I crash badly mid-afternoon. Other than that I've been eating pretty lc.

Today has been a disaster though. Overslept horribly and had to skip breakfast. I didn't get to eat or drink anything until nearly 11am when I had some coffee. Then I had a lovely hot gammon sandwich with potato wedges for lunch. Way too carby but I was desperate!

I need to think of something yummy and lc for dinner to cheer me up! Maybe stirfry of some kind.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-11, 17:08

Stats: 266.5/209/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:50%/40%/30%
Progress: 85%

I like the idea of posting food here, it always helps me to be accountable.

Today:

Breakfast- string cheese

Lunch- scrambled eggs w/asparagus & ham, 1 slice wheat toast, a few homefries

Dinner- lc stuffed peppers

I've spent most of the afternoon in my kitchen making spinach quiche, eggplant lasagna and stuffed peppers (all low carb) so hopefully I'll have plenty of good food choices to eat for the rest of the week.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-11, 16:41

Plan: hunter-gatherer
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 5'6"
BF:breast feeding! ;)
Progress: 0%

hello, hello! congrats to everyone... I am 6 weeks a long, and very nervous as I miscarried in October
Hoping that since I got pregnant so quickly afterwards, it's a good sign that my body is ready for another try.
I have been keeping my carbs fairly low, though not obsessively low. Actually found a low carb delivery pizza near where I live, and that did a little damage to my gut last week (dairy overload!) but boy, did it taste good.
My first pregnancy, I ate waaay too much high carb pizza and gained 60 pounds! yikes. Will not be repeating that this time around I feel sooo much better when eating low carb.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-11, 16:44

Plan: hunter-gatherer
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 5'6"
BF:breast feeding! ;)

Oh, and today I have eaten a 4-egg scramble with sharp Tillamook cheddar, natural pork sausages for brunch....
and Earl Grey latte with 1/2&1/2 from starbucks during my daughter's ballet class....
a few sugar-free red vine licorices...
and a little bit of turkey with cream cheese.
looks like I need to make some more food, feeling so queasy though, don't really want to face the messy kitchen! (why oh why, can't we live somewhere with a dishwasher??
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-10-11, 09:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much

Good morning! I am not new to the site but this is my first real pregnancy (had a blighted ovum and miscarriage in 2004). My Diabetes Nurse has advised me to eat at least 30 gms of carbs per meal but I am sticking to mostly veggies and some fruits and trying to avoid really high carb/refined foods (most of the time). I am on insulin as well and being referred to a Diabetes in Pregnancy program in the city as well as an OB/GYN who specializes in diabetic pregnancies. I'm very excited, as is my boyfriend. I am starting my 9th week on Wednesday though I will know better after I have my first ultrasound. My initial due date is December 14th.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-10-11, 13:42

Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

Congrats! December seems so far away!!! I remember feeling this way in September, and now here I am, two weeks away from having my baby.

I allowed myself to gain a lot so far. I ate whatever I wanted, and am now 40 pounds up. That said, it is probably too much.

The past week, I have kept my carbs at about 50-75... not really keeping track too strictly, but still making sure it is not outrageous. I ended up down 4 pounds last week and felt so much better. No bloated feeling. Then, I ate some carbs and bam... feel like crap.

So, back on the wagon I go. I am hoping to keep myself healthy until baby is here, then I can lower my carbs a little slightly to help with baby weight. Besides, fat should help keep up the breastmilk.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, May-13-11, 08:44

Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Wolfiesask & Iynys1980 - I'm glad to see you revived this forum. I too have gained too much weight in my pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks and up 25 Lbs. Up until now I was too sick to care. I had to eat to keep from gagging and getting sick - it was awful. The same thing happened in my last pregnancy and I gained 55 Lbs when I delivered. I really don't want that to happen again, so I'm fighting it now that I feel better. I'm doing the modified version of Dukan only because fat makes me queasy still and the dairy in Dukan seems agree with me now. Hope we can keep this forum going - personally I could use the support
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-13-11, 17:25

Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

So, I'm curious how LCing can allow us to lose weight, but not cause the baby to lose weight at the same time?
  #25   ^
Old Mon, May-16-11, 11:47

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

My Doc is all for my low carbing, just not "no carb." I'm on Day 3 of really watching carbs and I feel GREAT.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, May-16-11, 13:50

Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkshot
So, I'm curious how LCing can allow us to lose weight, but not cause the baby to lose weight at the same time?

I don't think the goal is to lose weight, but not to gain too much weight. They say now you are only suppose to gain 25-35 Lbs during your entire pregnancy, which personally I find difficult given the way pregnany makes you feel at different stages.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, May-16-11, 18:37
Registered Member

Stats: 154.5/154.5/120 Female 67 inches
BF:

I am 9 weeks 3 days pregnant and have been eating low carb for over a year now. So far throughout this pregnancy, I have been eating white carbs because I have had all day sickness and they seem to agree more with my tummy. But I do plan on going back to eating low carb once the sickness subsides.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-20-11, 10:29

Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

I sort of stopped eating white/sugar carbs in my 32nd week of pregnancy and very quickly found myself down four pounds in one week.

I lasted about two weeks, and decided I just wanted to eat whatever. I ended up not budging the last few weeks, and gave birth to my little girl yesterday at 38 weeks.

In total, I gained approximately 40 pounds in my pregnancy. This number is an estimate, because I did not get weighed until my first appointment, where I was 9 weeks along. I am figuring since the miscarriage I suffered in March of last year, that I gained about 7-10 pounds, so based my starting point on that.

I have decided I will continue to cut out breads and pastas as much as possible, and try to slow down on the sweets. Making lower carb varieties will be good enough for me.

I will update on my losses. I know being at my little girls beck and call will keep me much more active, once I heal up a bit from my c-section.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-11, 21:39

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

I just found out I am. I'd love to see more of your all's daily menus if you would like to post please?
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 21:56

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I am 7wks. My midwife is a big lc fan and since I have it to lose she is encouraging me to continue my weightloss throughout pregnancy. This is my 5th child third lc pregnancy. My last pregnancy I did fall off the wagon about half way through and gained a bunch of weight.....but I will try to not do that this time. LOL