Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 07:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/275/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Wink What are you going to do even though you are large?

I'm reading the posts in the "What are you too large to do" thread, and I love that thread. I am amazed at what we assume we can't do because we think we are too large. A lot of the stuff I do, and did do when I was 310. I fit on rides at both Disneys and Hershey Park. I rode, and still ride, horses. (Belgians or Percheron crosses) I swim 4 days a week. Other people do what I am afraid to do at this weight - go down the slide at the pool, wear a bikini etc. What is one scary thing you are willing to do that you are too afraid to do? I'm going to put my big butt on my bike and ride. Who cares if motorists see a massive a$$ on their way to work. At least 30% of them have one too. Anyone else willing to take a dare? If we start doing the stuff we want to do, maybe the weight loss will be quicker.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 08:55

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hmmm, I have peed on the side of a road during a race or on training runs, so there is probably nothing I would not do LOL! I will think about self imposed limitations, though, and get back to you.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 09:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm going to play table tennis at the club Thursday night. It's something I used to do a lot when I was lighter, even play tournaments, but I haven't done in a long time. I'm sure my endurance will be bad at first, and I'll be wearing long pants instead of shorts, but I'll give it a try. Bet I'm going to be pretty sore on Friday/Saturday though.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 10:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Hmmm, I have peed on the side of a road during a race or on training runs, so there is probably nothing I would not do LOL! I will think about self imposed limitations, though, and get back to you.

Lol, I knew you would be up for it! I don't think you have many self-imposed limitations, tho.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 13:30

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think we all have some, though. Even though I don't think about it as being unusual, I regularly run on a college campus past frat houses - barefoot in a flourescent rainbow headband. I've never gotten heckled even when I've been 100 pounds overweight. But there are other things I would never do, like wear a bikini, even a one piece without a little skirty thing. I would kill to wear a Speedo cause it's what real athletes wear but they fit me funny. I would never wear bike shorts alone even though it's cooler and more comfortable. I am shy in some social situations about my weight. I have stress about fast running, like track competitions, because my belly shakes and it looks gross. It inhibits me from running as fast as I can sometimes. Even if I do do things, sometimes I tend to discount it - "oh, if I can do it, it must be easy - I can't do all the really fun stuff" (don't even know what that would be - kayaking? rock climbing? mountain biking?).
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 07:04

BF:

You really inspire me. I have been kayaking at 250, worked out great, had fun. Had to sell the kayak when exhubby lost another job. I just want to push the envelope. Not very far since I'm still messing with my spinal injury. lol.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 08:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 416/205/205 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have absolutely no idea why, or how, there is such a difference in the "panic attacks" I lived with at my higher weight that are no longer a problem after a hundred pound weight loss.

For instance, at my higher weight, I'd gotten to the point where I COULDN'T drive on an interstate highway. Let me be clear............it wasn't that I was uncomfortable, or found it unpleasant to drive in heavy traffic............ I physically could not do it!

I had several other "phobias" when I was heavier..........claustrophobia, and fear of riding in a car over a tall or a long bridge, for instance.

These "panic attacks" greatly diminished my quality of life! However, for whatever reason, and for no reason I can explain, after a goodly amount of weight came off, the "phobias" have either greatly diminished, or in some cases, completely gone away.

For instance, I have not had a "panic attack" while in a crowded room in a year or more. As far as driving on the interstate, I can now do it with only a moderate amount of "fear" when the traffic becomes very heavy.

As I say, I have no idea what the reason is for this improved quality of life, but I'm certainly happy to accept it!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 10:20

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yoga in a classroom! I REALLY love it, but I'm so self conscious in a room full of hot-bodied contortionists!! I started practicing at home, but I think I'm ready to try a real class again.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 15:51

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

I am going to stop avoiding having my picture taken. Even though I may not like what I see...sometimes I do. And if I don't, it's a good reminder of why I need to change...but it still sucks.

And roller skating... I used to LOVE to do this as a child...but I have avoided it at 200+lbs, and now I tell myself, I will try it again when I lose another 20lbs, but maybe I will go ahead and do it now!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 18:28

Stats: 252/210/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

play basketball..i used to do this when i was younger. i got up like 2 hours early and shot baskets outside before school. that was always something the i loved doing that i have given up on.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 21:36

Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkclouds

And roller skating... I used to LOVE to do this as a child...but I have avoided it at 200+lbs, and now I tell myself, I will try it again when I lose another 20lbs, but maybe I will go ahead and do it now!

Go for it - I have continued to skate even at 281, it's great exercise and so much fun!!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-10, 06:40

BF:

Yay! You guys are awesome and inspiring! You'll be glad you got your picture taken, PinkClouds, besides the fact you are pretty, you might want to scrapbook later!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-10, 08:32
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

I took inspiration from this thread and when I walked in the park this morning, I did some jogging as well. In my heart, I want to be a runner! (Mind you, I was never good at long distance running, but who cares, I'll try!).

I love to read about the things others are doing - jshwab - Wow! That's all I can say.

Thanks folks.

- Casey
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 06:38

BF:

Today my epidual cortisone injection is starting to work so I will walk at lunch, even if it is only 15 minutes!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 08:48

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

<edit> oops! meant to post somewhere else.