Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 02:33
Registered Member

Plan: Caveman
Stats: 175/160/120 Female 5'66"
BF:
Progress: 27%

hi ladies,

new atkins / paleo friends is ALWAYS good :-)

I am trying to get into paleo :-) so that's great

Glenda, Bryan is not officially hard of hearing ... but I think he is. Ok, he is a guy, sometimes in another world ;-) so if John comes he won't feel out of place, trust me!

Thrifty's meat maybe better than costco's so I will start making a list.

Please bing more suggestions, availibility.

Thank you!

Erika
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-10, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation

Oy, it's become an August date! Ah well, that should work.

Thursday pm's my Randy (also hard of hearing on one side, usually the side I'm on hmmmmmmm) is Aikido'ing but I am available, will skip my 'home to myself' and catch up with my lowcarbcooksnook chat group with nary a qualm .

Else weekends are good for me. R is socially resistant (no bones about it) so most likely won't come.

I've got a new (ok, borrowed from elana's pantry) spicy slaw recipe I'd like to bring, probably will double it, and some kind of BBQable meat. And Erika, try and keep me away from the BBQ, I'll quite naturally gravitate to any cooking tool in sight, so no worries, we'll get the meats done. I may even bring along some tongs! Um, I assume it's a gas BBQ like most are these days, and not a charchoal?

A suggestion? For get-togethers in the greener office these days, it's suggested that everyone bring their own plate, cutlery and a cloth napkin. I'm in the habit of doing that even for my workspace, so will do that here, too. Easier on the hosting person for clean-up, less garbage in the landfill (really dislike plastic cutlery and all that, sorry).

Last edited by IslandGirl : Tue, Jul-27-10 at 14:47.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-10, 16:04

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Oy, it's become an August date! Ah well, that should work.

Thursday pm's my Randy (also hard of hearing on one side, usually the side I'm on hmmmmmmm) is Aikido'ing but I am available, will skip my 'home to myself' and catch up with my lowcarbcooksnook chat group with nary a qualm .

Else weekends are good for me. R is socially resistant (no bones about it) so most likely won't come.

I've got a new (ok, borrowed from elana's pantry) spicy slaw recipe I'd like to bring, probably will double it, and some kind of BBQable meat. And Erika, try and keep me away from the BBQ, I'll quite naturally gravitate to any cooking tool in sight, so no worries, we'll get the meats done. I may even bring along some tongs! Um, I assume it's a gas BBQ like most are these days, and not a charchoal?

A suggestion? For get-togethers in the greener office these days, it's suggested that everyone bring their own plate, cutlery and a cloth napkin. I'm in the habit of doing that even for my workspace, so will do that here, too. Easier on the hosting person for clean-up, less garbage in the landfill (really dislike plastic cutlery and all that, sorry).

What a super idea! Why didn't we all think of that?

I highly doubt I'll get John along either - he's becoming less social than ever and is quite happy to sit at home with the TV and no-one to dispute his program choice (inevitably sport!) Funny how that selective deafness works, isn't it!! Spicy slaw sounds yummy!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-10, 13:31
Registered Member

BF:

hi ladies, I am flexible on the date, evening or weekends are good for me.

yes gas bbq, got a few tongs around.

I have enough cutlery and dishes here (OK I have to check on the dishes tomorrow), as we have our own and borrow the rest from Bryan's dad (he lives next door and is away on holidays, hence the bbq and lawn furniture now residing in our backyard!). I don't mind washing up, I use an old portable dish washer, that keep fingers crossed, that's an awesome job.

I think we also have enough chairs, about six garden chairs, and some camping chairs too, about 3, depending on how many of us it's going to be, we can discuss number later. So I think it's a matter of getting organised with the food.

Anyone would like to volunteer to bring a salad?

Erika
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-10, 16:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzKatz

Anyone would like to volunteer to bring a salad?

Erika

I'm bringing my dishes anyway, on general principles -- I'm also bringing a mildly spicy slaw (shredded red cabbage based). Are you looking for a green salad on top of that?

#21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-10, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:

hi, the salad sounds great! I don't eat a lot of vegetable so that is plenty, just that I am not sure what other people want, but that is enough for me.

Of coure if you wish to bring your own dishes etc you are welcomed to, but otherwise there are utensils and all here.

Look forwads to it!

Also, is anyone doing the cheesecake things still? on the same day?

Erika
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-10, 11:59

BF:

I've never made a cheesecake, John hates even the smell of cheesy stuff (including cream cheese) so I've never tried. I just make sure I get a piece occasionally if we're out.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-10, 15:35

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I can't afford to make a proper cheesecake right now...which is why I'm just bringing the drinks this time.

I was thinking of Perrier and Diet something-or-other....any requests? Anybody drink wine or spritzers? I can do that too...
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-10, 13:44
Registered Member

BF:

hi ladies

I was asking about the cheesecake because at the last get together we were talking about a cheesecake party, if my memory doesn't fail me.

I don't know how to make cheesecake either, so that's ok we can just stick with the main course.

Yes some diet coke and one soda water is more than plenty.

I have some red wine here, home made (Bryan's dad) if anyone is interested, merlot chilean.

Erika

:-)
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-10, 16:56
Registered Member

BF:

hi everyone

I am wondering who is happy with the Thursday Augut 12th date?

Does anyone want to change that date?

I am not sure how many people we have coming so far, Steph and Glenda are right, anyone else?

If this date doesn't suit we can change it. I am good for all dates except August Sat 14th and 15th because we have to go to the mainland.

Please let me know ladies!

Looking forward to the bbq and seeing you all again, it will be fun :-)

Erika
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-10, 16:59
Registered Member

BF:

oops, Jude too, so Jude, Steph, Glenda, Erika, anyone else? Julie?

actually it seems that August 12th suits well, so we can keep it as is, if everyone is happy with this date.

Erika
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-10, 17:54

BF:

Plus possibly Steph's two friends? I hope Anny is monitoring this thread ... it's been too long since she was able to join us!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-10, 20:42

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

12th still works for me and at least one friend.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-10, 10:15
Registered Member

BF:

good good good, August 12th it is!

:-)
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-10, 16:08
Registered Member

BF:

hi ladies

the weather report says Thursday is going to be sunny and about 20 degrees, that's good.

anything in particular that you would like for the meat on the BBQ? we'll be getting the meat on Wed night, and I would love to know your prefernces, I think we are going to get a variety of meats and your input is much appreciated.

I am trying to add up the numbers so that we get enough meat for everyone: Steph with 2 guests, Glenda, Jude, Julie, Erika and Bryan, so that's 8 people, is that it? or am I missing more people and their guests? Please let me know.

Also, is 6 pm good for everyone?

And does everyone know where to go to? (Island Hwy and Storemont Rd, behind the stores on island hwy -harreson's militaria and paintball, latally's pizza, and chinese takeaway, across from the wine maker on storemont), there is plenty of parking at the front of your house (store parking) or around the corner on island hwy.

Also can I put my phone number here in case anyone gets lost?

Really looking forwards to Thursday,
Erika