Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 21:10

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up check in

I can't believe it! The scales said 126 this morning! Weight Commander yelled at me that its too fast. I told WC to GET BENT! That would be 4 pounds this week! We'll see if it holds that low! I'm not sure what I've done for sure, a bunch of little things I changed.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 23:03

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking Woooo Wooooo Spider

You go Girl!! Way to be fit and healthy and four pounds closer to your goal!!

Libby
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 09:23

BF:
Post check in

I'm either back up a pound or can see better this morning than yesterday. I have "progressive" lenses, trifocals by any other name, ya know. So sometimes I don't read the scales correctly. But at 127, still know that 126 is coming! YEAH! I'm getting there! I was starting to believe that due to my age, I wouldn't be able to lose weight.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 09:51

BF:
Default Age!

Quote:
I was starting to believe that due to my age, I wouldn't be able to lose weight.

Thats horse pucky! You can do anything you want at any age you want. AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT!

I think your pretty cool and neat and successful....... so there.
Libby
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 11:20

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Got room for me to come crawling back?

Hi guys.. long time no see

I fell completely off the proverbial low-carb wagon after my cholesterol check. The fact that my chol. was high and being frightened by the doctor left me confused and not knowing what to do. I felt almost frozen for an answer.

Since then I've decided to forgo the Lipitor and treat my chol. naturally with a better intake of foods and herbs and supplements that I've researched.

So, today is a new day I'm starting all over again. I don't think I've gained much weight back (but I haven't been near the scale) but I'll be forcing myself onto the scale in the morning to get my new current weight and then go from there.

I hope I can gain a bunch of encouragement by coming here regularly again and posting in my journal! It looks like you all have been doing really super!

Lisa
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 11:49

BF:
Default :)

Lisa,
Ofcourse you're welcome and we have unlimited space for everyone.

I've found my stall culprit - FINALLY! Every Saturday and sometimes in the middle of the week we buy a roasted chicken. We got one yesterday, and the weight is a but up today. TA DA!! Found it! DH is eating the rest of it or taking it in his lunch to work this week. From now on, I'll cook our own roast chicken. I'm not giving up the weight loss, I refuse. So happy I found what was doing it.

BTW, thanks Libby. I'm 51 and hope to emulate Dr. Ruth.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 17:47

BF:
Talking Hiya Lisa!

Lisa, got a question for ya....

Did you have your cholesterol checked before you started LC? Do you have something to compare to?

I was just wondering. I wish I had done mine before I started.

Quote:
Since then I've decided to forgo the Lipitor and treat my chol. naturally with a better intake of foods and herbs and supplements that I've researched.

Can you tell us more? I would sure like to know what you have learned.

Spider.... makes ya wonder what they cooked your chicken in eh?
Libby
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 18:20

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile Thanks guys

Unfortunately I didn't have my cholesterol checked before starting CAD/CALP. I WISH I would have!!! I'm going to get it tested again in about a month. I want to give the herbs and dietary changes a chance to kick in some more before I test again.

Here is some information regarding Fenugreek and Flaxseed Oil that I found online. I also used the book The Green Pharmacy (forget the author) and that was a very interesting, packed-with-information book on herbs and supplements.

Quote:
The steroidal saponins account for many of the beneficial effects of fenugreek, particularly the inhibition of cholesterol absorption and synthesis.2 The seeds are rich in dietary fiber, which may be the main reason they can lower blood sugar levels in diabetes.3 One human study found that fenugreek can help lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels in persons with moderate atherosclerosis and non-insulin-dependent diabetes.4 Randomized and uncontrolled studies have confirmed fenugreek helps stabilize blood sugar control in patients with insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetes.5 6 7 It helps lower elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood,8 including in those with diabetes,9 according to several controlled studies. Generally fenugreek does not lower high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels. This type of cholesterol is believed to be beneficial

Flaxseed oil...
Quote:

Specifically, flaxseed oil (and flaxseeds) may help to:

Lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease and control high blood pressure. Several studies indicate that flaxseed oil, as well as ground flaxseeds, can lower cholesterol, thereby significantly reducing the risk of heart disease. Taking flaxseed oil may also protect against angina (chest pain) and high blood pressure. In addition, a five-year study done recently at Boston's Simmons College found that flaxseed oil may be useful in preventing a second heart attack. It may also help prevent elevated blood pressure by inhibiting inflammatory reactions that cause artery-hardening plaque and poor circulation.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 20:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi Girls

Boy what a week!!!

I've been just swamped this week. Haven't had much time to come and post (obviously).

Today wasn't a good day where food was concerned. I had carbs for breakfast, carbs for lunch and carbs for dinner. Tomorrow is another day

I'm still down to 176 and hoping to be below 175 by the end of the week when DH comes home.

Hope y'all are doing great and keep those pounds melting away.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 07:06

BF:
Default Thanks

I have never even heard of Fenugreek! LOL..... guess I have some more reading to do.

I think every other person on this forum takes Flaxseed Oil.... maybe I am missing out on something there!

Thanks for spending the time to type all of that in, and do let us know how these two things work out for you.

Libby
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 09:55

BF:
Default Check in.......

Omgosh, Omgosh......

I put my wedding ring on this morning..... it fits! It Fits!!
I haven't worn it for a very long time. Years.

I also did my weekly averages. I had a GREAT week and lost more than I would have guessed.

SO.......Someone start us a new week 'cause I am READY TO GO.........
Libby
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 14:05

BF:
Default ok done

Week 10 is set up and read for your posts.