Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-10, 21:14

Plan: Zero-carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 72"
BF:
Progress:

Onalise-working on it lol. and ewwww gross about the horse
Honeypie-Because she is only considered terminally ill by the standard that CONVENTIONAL treatments will not work. Well the joke seems to be on the do-nothing vets (knock on wood) because within 2 days her red eyes cleared (that was the first sign of "that thing in her head" and prednisone did nothing for it)I am giving her 1.5 tsp organic cold-pressed flax oil and 1.5 tsp organic fresh ground flax seed blended with .25 c organic cottage cheese. And thanks for the kind wishes! As for your other post, I'm working on oxygenation with the peroxide, but her immune system is compromised and according to the vet raw feeding would be dangerous. Thank you though!
CitrusKiss-ooooo great idea! I'll have to try that!
GonnaDoIt-Thank you so much for your support! It really means a lot
Berries-Thank you!
Nurselisa-Exactly! That beast feeds on carbs and sugar and I may not be able to kill it immediately, but I don't have to feed it either! And for your other post-thanks for being willing to help!
Pinkelsie-I'm sorry if you're insulted by this, but brain tumors and cancers in general are the most crucial reason for anyone to go zero-carb by the simple reason that carbs and sugars are poisen to them. Even if she isn't a person, she's still a helpless baby and I need help-As I said I know nothing about any kind of diet and you guys know so much...
Shyva's-thanks for the suggestion and support!
PGHlady74-Thanks for the support!
CGMoBXNC-thank you and your absolutely right about animals convinced they're people lol
Bobiam-I understand your concern and thank you for being honest, but like I said she's in no pain right now at all and she LOVES her new diet so even from a quality of life point of view it seems pretty OK. And plus-miracles happen! Don't worry though-I really won't allow her to suffer
PilotGal-Thanks for the great link! And I do wish you all luck on your trandsformations
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-10, 21:36

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Oreo's mom: you are amazing. I've got tears in my eyes because I'm thinking of the lengths that me and my husband went to for my Stoli (weim) after the surgery for the busted disk in his neck went awry, resulting in bone splinters in his spine and leaving him completely paralyzed. We didn't give up on him, and there WAS a miracle - he recovered to the point that he could walk and even RUN again and had an additional 10 months of the highest quality life and love...

Don't give up. Miracles happen.
Chris
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-10, 22:38

Plan: Vegetarian LC
Stats: 148/137/132 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo'sMom
Onalise-working on it lol. and ewwww gross about the horse
Honeypie-Because she is only considered terminally ill by the standard that CONVENTIONAL treatments will not work. Well the joke seems to be on the do-nothing vets (knock on wood) because within 2 days her red eyes cleared (that was the first sign of "that thing in her head" and prednisone did nothing for it)I am giving her 1.5 tsp organic cold-pressed flax oil and 1.5 tsp organic fresh ground flax seed blended with .25 c organic cottage cheese. And thanks for the kind wishes! As for your other post, I'm working on oxygenation with the peroxide, but her immune system is compromised and according to the vet raw feeding would be dangerous. Thank you though!
CitrusKiss-ooooo great idea! I'll have to try that!
GonnaDoIt-Thank you so much for your support! It really means a lot
Berries-Thank you!
Nurselisa-Exactly! That beast feeds on carbs and sugar and I may not be able to kill it immediately, but I don't have to feed it either! And for your other post-thanks for being willing to help!
Pinkelsie-I'm sorry if you're insulted by this, but brain tumors and cancers in general are the most crucial reason for anyone to go zero-carb by the simple reason that carbs and sugars are poisen to them. Even if she isn't a person, she's still a helpless baby and I need help-As I said I know nothing about any kind of diet and you guys know so much...
Shyva's-thanks for the suggestion and support!
PGHlady74-Thanks for the support!
CGMoBXNC-thank you and your absolutely right about animals convinced they're people lol
Bobiam-I understand your concern and thank you for being honest, but like I said she's in no pain right now at all and she LOVES her new diet so even from a quality of life point of view it seems pretty OK. And plus-miracles happen! Don't worry though-I really won't allow her to suffer
PilotGal-Thanks for the great link! And I do wish you all luck on your trandsformations

Ahhh bless the little mite.

Please keep us informed and don't forget the treats !
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-10, 00:01
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Oreo'smom!
What a horrible time for you and Oreo! She is blessed to have you.

I agree with too much sat fat in coconut oil would not be a good idea as she doesn't need pancreatitis with all the rest that she has to deal with.
Have you thought about adding some avocado to her meals...good fats there too. The skins are toxic to them but not the meat of it.

Also, there is a yahoo group for people, like yourself, with dogs Dx with cancers. I'll try to find you a link as they do talk a lot about diets there. I work with dogs and a few of my client's dogs had cancer and I spent time at that group...amazing people!

I wish you and Oreo much happy time together!! woof!!

OK- Here is one group that is K9Nutrition :
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/...yguid=123149715
There are canine nutrionists there that answer questions too.
And this is another group:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9Kitchen/
this one is clled K9Kitchen.
and one more called CanineCancer:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CanineCancer/
Good luck!

Last edited by Judynyc : Sat, Feb-20-10 at 00:10.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-10, 17:31

Plan: Zero-carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 72"
BF:
Progress:

vavcon-Awwww! Thanks! It sounds like you did an amazing thing yourselves and don't worry-Ain't no way I'm going to give up on that baby. The vet tried (again) and also failed (again) to talk me out of further treatment last night.
Shyvas-thanks! I will keep you all updated and don't worry lol she's as spoiled as can be
JudyNYC-Thanks a million for the awesome links! I'm on it!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-10, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: low-to-moderate carb
Stats: 169/157/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Oreo's Mom, our car is convinced he's human, and my mom humors him!