Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 15:58

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroangie
This man is a good friend of my husbands. Stupid me, thought I'd ask him some questions about RT3. I mean, dang, he was just over here watching games with my DH last week. Well, he got mad and said "Are you doing that low carb thing again?" I told him no, not VLC or Atkin's but am trying to do SB's weight loss since Jan. 1st!' THEN....he said "Just go and pay for liposuction and leave your damn glands alone!"

Yes, I have contemplated lipo! Who hasn't? I can't BELIEVE he said this to me. I said "And THIS is why I have changed doctors! SEE YA!"

WTH???

As your doctor, he had no professional right to speak with you like this. Doctors who want to be the know-it-alls get upset when they discover that their patients have a brain in their heads.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 18:18

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofat2
A glass of Kool-Aid and a glass of Milk and a glass of Pop and a glass of Orange Juice and a glass of Apple Juice are all the same. -- Pure Sugar -- Pure Poison!

I didn't make these facts, I'm just stating them.

The same is true with our vegetables and grains and lentils and whatnot.

I didn't make up these facts either, I'm just stating them.

"Forced Exercise" forces metabolism and body chemistry changes, especially when fed the above poisons and stimulant drugs.

Speed and carbohydrates do the same thing to people.

We are dope addicts and our bodies and our minds are paying the price for our addictions to these stimulant drugs that we have been taught and rationalize to be healthy foods.

We feed them to our babies.

How to get well while eating and drinking poison is like bathing in sewer water and trying not to stink.

Impossible!

(no credentials or scientific data provided)

There are none!

-----------------------------------

I don't believe you. I breast fed a child "milk" for two years, as do most warm blooded mammals, and I don't believe for a second she was poisoned. Remember the rule when forming a hypothesis Tom. If there is one exception, then it is only an opinion, not a scientific fact. Also, a lot of warm blooded mammals eat some carbs (my dog included!) which are known carnivores! Are they poisoning themselves? What about monkeys and bananas? Oh Lord!!! What shall we do about that!!! Who is going to tell them??? You are way off base. Humans secrete a certain enzyme to digest carbs just like we secrete enzymes to break down and digest meats. I think you should read some more. For the record though...I do better to avoid all forms of processed sugars, because I don't think we are able to handle such huge glycemic loads. Small amounts along with fiber, naturally occurring sugars are a different story. Look at the video I posted for you by Dr. Lustig.

Now about "forced exercise" .... Since I am not a slave, I am not forced. I actually enjoy it and choose to do it, and have chosen to do it all my life. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. Ever heard about that??? Do you understand that exercise will increase the mitochondria in your cells and this is of great benefit to anyone trying to change their body composition? This actually will change your body chemistry over time!! Do you understand the benefits of weight bearing exercise - that it increases bone mass and density? It also strengthens your heart - this is a no brainer and a very old fact. Reduces blood pressure. Reduces resting heart rate. Reduces the need for insulin and makes your body more likely to take up and use it's own insulin. I could go on and on, but again, I think you just need to read. For a man of your age, you are freaking me out how little you seem to know.

TO BLACK57!!! I know!! It blew my mind because this guy is a friend of ours. He has also said thigs like "Well - the weight is waist down so it's really nothing to worry about!" This is what told me two things: 1. he does not care about my feelings 2. he likes women with big butts. This was the comment that made me change doctors. I think my decision bothered him, but he won't ever admit to that, even though I have asked him. So, I am not going to ask him another question unless it's some kind of emergency which is my loss (cause he knows so much!) However, he is really quite the male chauvinist so I needed to change doctors anyway because this really bugs me to the core.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 23:52

BF:

Oh yeah....I forgot to add this article about exercise.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1540458/
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 17:41

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofat2
"Hybrid Carbohydrate Addiction" is what everybody has and can't break because they don't know they have it and won't acknowledge it even exists much less that it is what they have and what is causing all of there symptoms and problems including thyroid disorders and hypoglycemia and fibromyalgia and diabetes and depression and bi/polar and weight gain and dozens more.

Sugar is sugar is sugar, it is all poison and in every form and in all quantities, be it milk or fruit or vegetables or grains or anything else out there.

The "career diet club", which is just about everybody in these groups and boards will not acknowledge this or they would have to break there addictions and they are not going to do that.

Natures carbohydrates do not include these fruits and vegetables and alcohol and grains and milk that are all hybrid a thousand times to raise there carbohydrate count to make them more desirable and salable.

Every single person on this planet earth, fat, skinny or average and in perfect or failing health is a "Hybrid Carbohydrate Addict"!

You can be sure I will get kicked all over the place by saying this and that "credentials" and "scientific studies" be supplied so don't expect anybody to agree with this.

So everybody can just go there "merry way" and remain addicted to hybrid carbohydrates and I'm this stupid "Jackass".

I don't mind that, it's just that this one simple fact could cure so much mental/psychical suffering in this world, that it is sad that so few can see and comprehend this.

Carbohydrates are potent dangerous stimulant drugs the way we consume them.

Nonsense on stilts.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 365/248/180 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Nonsense on stilts.
Thank You. -- It's a tough pill to swallow at first but once you begin grasp and then comprehend this one simple fact and truth and it's enormous implications, a whole new world of understanding begins to open up. Sometimes I wish this were not the truth.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter
cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary
prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.
- Albert Einstien

This is me but don't call me vain.
- Tom Bunnell
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 09:28

Stats: 175/166/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 36%

You do realize you are on a LOW CARB board, do you? We don't eat wonderbread and kraft dinner over here. We don't drink juice. If we want the antioxidants in the fruit, some of us will just eat the fruit. Some of us haven't eaten anything other than meat in years.

Take your side show over the the caloriecount.about.com board ... they need to hear your message.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 10:26
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybil878
You do realize you are on a LOW CARB board, do you? We don't eat wonderbread and kraft dinner over here. We don't drink juice. If we want the antioxidants in the fruit, some of us will just eat the fruit. Some of us haven't eaten anything other than meat in years.

Take your side show over the the caloriecount.about.com board ... they need to hear your message.
You state my case well.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-10, 17:45

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 251/239/215 Male 6ft 1in
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wow! That guy is a jag-bag!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-10, 02:37

BF:

I'll bite....what's a jag bag?
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-10, 06:42

Plan: Lowcarb/IF
Stats: 215/173.9/150 Female 5.5"
BF:

Quote:
Speed and carbohydrates do the same thing to people.

You clearly haven't known many methamphetamine addicts.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-10, 11:36

BF:

Ain't that the truth Gwynne!!! ROTFLMAO!!!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 10:16

Plan: Low-carb/High-Fat
Stats: 345/335/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default interesting article in LA Daily News

#29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-10, 12:23

Plan: currently at <50g carb/d
Stats: 208/203.1/136 Female 5ft 9.5in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Houston? Can you read me? I can't find my re-entry window.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-11, 15:11

Plan: What makes us fat guide
Stats: 208/190/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I normally just lurk on boards, but this thread just begged for a response

It is clear to me that toofat2 is some kind of automated bot - simulating (but not well) human intelligence. Congratulations to toofat2's programmer - it almost passed the Turing test!

To the OP, your endo sounds like a jerk, but I would actually assume his comment about the weight being below the waist was not related to his personal preferences, but to the fact that weight above the waist (abdominal) is related to serious health risks, more so than weight below. At any rate, I hope your new doctors are less arrogant!