Thu, Apr-28-11, 20:28
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
I have a feeling that the traffic will be picking up substanially starting Sat/Sun/Mon.
Let's list some of the most important things for these newcomers so that maybe we don't need to repeat ourselves 12 times. We could just refer them to this thread.
I'll start off with:
1. Read the book. Know your plan. Follow your plan thru all the written stages.
2. Weight loss is not linear. DO NOT expect to lose weight every day. Weight loss comes in fits and spurts.
3. Measure before starting. Although you may see no loss on the scale, you could still be losing inches.
4. If you are at this again, I DO NOT believe in the one golden shot theory. If that were so, I would not be here at goal after the third time having a re-do. I do believe that the more you repeat, the more you are doing the plan by memory which is not such a great idea--you become a bit fast and loose with the plan when you're doing it by memory. In addition, you're older, you may have health or metabolic/hormone issues, you may be taking medication that makes it harder for you to loose, but not entirely impossible.
5. Stay away from bars, shakes, and other foods that are packaged as low carb, particularly in the beginning. Although perhaps labeled induction friendly (I'm thinking Atkins products) they are NOT. Don't be fooled.
6. Dieting is hard--don't let anybody try and tell you it's not. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
I could probably go on but I'll let some wise LC participants chime in here.
To all you newbies good luck!
Progress not perfection.
I may be a bit late in commenting here (I'm just back on Atkins after a months-long stall then 10 lbs regain and panic), but your steps rock. I especially like tips 4 and 5 - 5 in particular. You rock - thanks