Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-10, 08:58

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Have a spinach salad for breakfast. Doesn't get much lighter than that.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-10, 10:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiLMT
This is a great thread. Thank you all for sharing. I am not bored per se, but do find that I can only tolerate eggs and breakfast meats for a short time before I get queasy from eating them. I like lighter breakfasts I suppose. I have only be LC for about a week now and am already to that point. The foods are so rich.
Any ideas? Thank you...Debi

Sometimes I think one just needs a new recipe. I started making Thai omelets and filling them with baba ganoush (low carb) or hummus (not so low carb) and seem to be able to eat them forever. Or you can put hot sauce on it, Sirachi or Sambul Olek are both good, but any sort works. I've made Thai peanut sauce in the past and used that, very good.

Thai omelet is: 2-3 eggs, beat with a fork, add about 1 Tbl of water, squirt in 1-2 tsp of fish sauce, beat to mix. Then pour it into a pan with hot oil and cook it. I flip it when the first side is starting to brown. The water makes bubbles form which makes the omelet kind of puffy and light.

The fish sauce doesn't taste like fish, just gives a salty umami flavor. Don't use too much or it'll be too salty.

You can eat anything for breakfast. I have had salads for breakfast, or leftover stew. The other day I think I had coconut flour cookies. Coconut flour is pretty much just fiber. The sweetener was splenda. So the only calorie source came from the 1/2 stick of butter I used in making the cookies.

One morning I had vanilla SF custard with blueberries and whipped cream. That made a really nice breakfast! This morning... hmmm, I made a batch of lemon custard and still have some blueberries left. But the omelet is calling my name too.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-10, 11:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just made a LC egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Used homemade flax bread, a microwaved egg, a slice of cheese and a piece of canadian bacon. Yum. It took only a couple of minutes. I might make this a staple for work day mornings.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jan-03-10, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/199/190 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Thank you for the ideas, I will mix it up. There are a lot of great recipes on this site and I will give them a try.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 07:36

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%

Like Nancy, I cannot have anything with wheat or gluten AT ALL. So eating "grains" is out. Flaxseed meal is GREAT for muffins and I add it to my Pamela's mix for pancakes or waffles.

I spend a lot of time getting fresh veggies and meats and fish, cooking like crazy! It keeps me from getting bored. I also picked up some culinary skills class to refresh some skills and learn new skills to keep my meals fresh. YES, you WILL have to cook!!!!

Learn to use more unusual veggies like squashes...spaghetti, acorn, patty pan, and banana squashes give a variety and keep for a while. Try catcus pears! Have a few good cookbooks for inspiration and get out of your comfort zone. And the forum does have some great recipes! You have to put effort into meal prep - we live in a society that has convenience food. That's fine - frozen berries are great for muffins, for example, or toss in some Greek yogurt. But to do well on low-carb, you need to plan your meals, get your shopping done, do some prep work for your meals for the week and then enjoy cooking. Yes, you WILL have to cook. But think of it as an investment in good food and you.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 08:00

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!

I am learning that if i get "bored", then I need to cut back on my options. THAT is when I go a bit more lowercarb then the standard. I transition into VLC. I am researching ZC though.... not sure! It wouldnt' definately make it easy LOL!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 08:15

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

I made my first crockpot meal yesterday. I don't think I'll be bored for months. This is PERFECT for my life. Why didn't I ever use it before?
Gonna be having ribs like evvveeery dayyy.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: Please advise fast w.loss
Stats: 297/280/16 Male 6
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
I just made a LC egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Used homemade flax bread, a microwaved egg, a slice of cheese and a piece of canadian bacon. Yum. It took only a couple of minutes. I might make this a staple for work day mornings.

Hey nutsnseeds this sounds good can you give me a bit more detail i.e how much flax you use and is it flaxseed you use and a whole egg not just the whites...

I am in the UK so i know our ingredients and measures differ slightly.

Sounds really tasty though.

Thanks
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 10:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:

Hey Jamie -

I use the flax bread recipe found on the site at http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=189970

1 ounce of melted butter
2 medium eggs
4 tablespoons of flax
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

Mix together and put in the microwave and nuke for 3 minutes.

Totally induction legal for Atkins

About 570 cals for the whole recipe - 8 slices
Other info - whole recipe has
Total fat 48 gms
Carbs 18gms (including 15 gms fibre) - so only 3 net carbs
Protein 20 gms

I usually do a double recipe once a week to have for the week and add a tablespoon or so of dark rye flour and a healthy dose of caraway seeds to make it very flavorful and dense. I never can get 8 slices out of a single recipe though. I microwave mine in a sandwich size plastic container and after it cools cut it in half then slice down the middle for 4 decent size slices per recipe. The bread is best toasted.

For the breakfast sandwich - Spray a bowl with butter flavor Pam and crack an egg into it, break the yoke and salt and pepper it then nuke for one minute. Cover with a piece of cheese after it is done to melt while you nuke a slice of canadian bacon for about 30 seconds. Assemble and enjoy. I toast the bread while the microwave is churning and the whole thing takes 3 minutes to do and only one easy bowl to clean. Keeps me full most of the day.

Hope that helps. Enjoy!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 11:30
Experimenter

BF:

I've been thinking about taking this LC chocolate cake recipe and turning it into bread. Using the beans (probably black soy instead of black beans to make it lower carb) and removing the chocolate.

Then I can make french toast!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 19:48

Plan: LC 11/25/11 NOW CKD 12/27
Stats: 280/280/200 Male 71 inches
BF:PLENTY

im with Carne! i get a sweet fix everyday from my walmart protein shake[cookies and cream]. there 7 grm carbs for the 2 scoop serving...52 grm protein.
get it cheapcheap at walmart .
from ultra food store or walmart...i go with the low carb tortillas....there like 4 grms each after substituting the dietary fiber.there pretty big ...i eat 2 about 30 min before the gym.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 21:19
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Tonight for dinner....

Double roasted lamb chops medium rare with a rosemary/lemon/lavender crust and a baby romain and avocado salad with a blood orange vinegarette.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 10:15
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Progress not perfection.
Damn, that dinner sounds like perfection!

I'm doing all-meat at the moment. Not even remotely bored! I'm going to make a lamb stew. Only not meat elements in it are spices, wine and eggs get made into a thick lemon sauce.

Made Mustard-crusted chicken -- my all-time favorite chicken recipe (at my blog). The only problem with it is... it is torture smelling it cook. You just want to rip the half-cooked thing out of the oven, howl like a wolf, and devour it. But it's best fully cooked, even if enduring the amazing smells is pretty torturous. I'd suggest having a little snack before hand to lessen the copious drool you'll secrete while waiting the 30 minutes for it to cook.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 10:19
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Damn, that dinner sounds like perfection!

I'm doing all-meat at the moment. Not even remotely bored! I'm going to make a lamb stew. Only not meat elements in it are spices, wine and eggs get made into a thick lemon sauce.

Made Mustard-crusted chicken -- my all-time favorite chicken recipe (at my blog). The only problem with it is... it is torture smelling it cook. You just want to rip the half-cooked thing out of the oven, howl like a wolf, and devour it. But it's best fully cooked, even if enduring the amazing smells is pretty torturous. I'd suggest having a little snack before hand to lessen the copious drool you'll secrete while waiting the 30 minutes for it to cook.

Not to mention with the juice dripping down your chins and you're making humming noises in the back of your throat.

I have a cornish game hen in the freezer--guess who is having mustard crusted hen for dinner??

MeMeMeMe
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 10:20
Every day is day one

BF:

Nancy--I only saw 5 chicken recipes? Did I totally skim over the mustard crusted recipe?