Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 05:44
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

I took advice and pushed play.

Not a lot, and I did push myself.

disk 1 - Day 1 done.

Here is my big issue... my belly... I still have quite a bit of front fat there, and it makes it hard work the ab ripper.

Some of the exercises I really was having trouble with. Any suggestions for guys who have 30 pounds of fat still hanging in front of their abs?

Other than that I feel the work out. Some things I was able to do go reps on, but this time I am going to go to a larger resistance band to make it more difficult.

However... I did one thing... I PUSHED PLAY and TRIED to bring my best.

Thoughts?!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 10:12

Plan: Atkins and Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 320/205/195 Male 6 Feet
BF:Haaaa, 10% baby
Progress: 92%

I was a size 44 in waist and it took a while. Now Im at 30. Remember it took you how long to get like that? Do more reps John, you dont really need to do that much resistence. Keep pushing yourself and up the fat intake with water. After years and years, I finally have a four pack and my serratus muscles in my ribs are in full visual mode. If I can, you can. Also, a tid bit of information. If you just do twenty reps of situps, crunches, leg raises and hello dollys. That is all you abs really need. Remember, diet and exercise is everything. Remember, its a little by little, for a guy who couldnt do even 10 reps of situps to 50 in two minutes. You can do bud!!! Little by little. Also, do cardio, try and do at least 80% of your max heart capacity for at least 2 minutes on, and rest 5 minutes, then two minutes on again for a total of fifteen minutes. You will see a difference by the end of next week. Be patient.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 11:23
4 phases Use them

Dla,

Will do. I did try to do everything I could with the Abs this morning. Its just pushing the gut out of the way is a little hard at this point.

I was in 48s I am now in 40s. I want to land in 36s, I know it will get there because the 40s are now loose.

John
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 16:41

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

help I can do i think LOL I am on round 3. I started with lean, it a bit more cardio and a great conditioning program. I had a weak upper body. (ok I had a weak body) and it was very challenging. I might just be what you need to reach your goal weight. The classic it more muscle building then cardio. I did it my second time around and plyo kicked my butt big time. There is no way I couldn't have even attempted classic if I hadn't done lean first. Lean is a great starting place if you don't have lots of strength yet. It lays the ground work for you to continue. It did make a difference in my strength. But then again i coudn't even pass the fit test when I started either. I did maybe 15 % of the DVD the first few times, and that increased with every workout.
I like the heart rate monitor personally. Kenpo had my heart rate up so high to start with that the moniter kept me taking breaks when necessary, not when I thought it was but when it was. And it is one more way to measure progress. My resting heart rate has greatly improved from the begining. Without the HR moniter i wouldn't have known that, would I?
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 16:44

All you can do is do your best and forget the rest that is all Tony ask of us. For abripper x, try it without your shoes on. That little bit of weight seems to make a major difference. So what if you can't do 25 or even 5, do what you can. I promise you will see improvement almost time if not every time.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 20:23

Thats the key, you will improve everytime you do it, your body is trying to adapt. As for John, you will be so excstatic when you reached your goals and we will all celebrate with you buddy
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:06
4 phases Use them

Well, Day 2 got put off till I get off and get home.

I was up at 5:00 this morning, and the dog needed to go out, so when I took him out I also took him on a 2.4 mile walk, not a leisurely walk, but one that I felt.

So day 2 tonight... Had the kids vacuum the living room and clean it up. So Dad has a place to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila
I like the heart rate monitor personally

I have been looking for one on Amazon, which model are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlaurentos
Try doing the Insanity work out, talking about burning and burning and buring calories,,,,

I am almost afraid to ask what that is
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:19

Good job John, little by little buddy. Once you body gets accustomed to working out, its second nature and you will feel ill when you dont.

DDD
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:37

It is just a basic heart rate moniter, they type i have to put to touch the frame around the face to get a reading. When I got it I wasn't sure that I would us it that much so I went for a lesser model. Looking back I wish I got one with a few more bells and whistles and maybe even a model with a chest band. Oh well this one does the job just fine.
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 20:02

I bought these bands that tie around your ankle. It adds thirty pounds of resistance when you running. I cant wait to try it out tomorrow morning. Ive seen track stars and football players use it. Damn, it even brings a video. THATSA HIGHA ENDA STUFF>!!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 20:29
4 phases Use them

DLA,

Day 2 - Plyometrics

I could only make it through 30 minutes of it.

But I did that 30..

After 30 I was so out of breath and my lungs felt like they were going to explode...
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 05:40
4 phases Use them

Morning after day 2.

My legs and arms are jelly. Walking down the stairs was an adventure. My body is complaining about how I am treating it, and my brain says...

"this feels great"

Getting the shoes on for Disk 3... Wish me luck and I will have my wife post the phone number to the hospital room where I will be afterwards

John
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 08:01

John sounds like you are bringing it! woo hoo!!!!!Congrats to you. You are waking up those muscles and yes it hurts but it's that good hurt, the hurt that tells u that your doing something great! Hang in there! U R on the right track! I don't know you but I am proud of you just the same! WOO HOO!
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 08:07
4 phases Use them

Ok. I am sorry to say that day 3 was put off for a couple of hours. Had to take the dogs to the dog park.

But. I am committed to doing this as close to 90 as I can.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 13:22

A couple o fhours is no big deal, just get it done sometime today. I personally find weekends my biggest time challenge.