Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-09, 07:34

Plan: 75%Fat. 20%Prot. 5%Carbs
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 3%

* white toast + butter + sweet jam (thick layer) + 1 big slice of salted cheese.
I always liked the combination between sweet and salt. I read that taste gives you more cravings.

* pancakes + thick layer of butter + jam, folded like a sandwich.

* hot pancakes + sugar powder, layered like a mini cake to melt the sugar

* simply just jars of jam (<-- please, notice the plural form)

Ok, now I'm really ashamed!

I have a personal dairy in which I wrote exactly what I felt in those moments. When I read it occasional, I feel compassion for "that poor girl". I can see those were the worst moments in my life. I even intended suicide.

Ok, now I really sound crazy. But I was just depressed.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-09, 09:28
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Soft boiled eggs over crushed saltine crackers. (MY favorite "sick" food.)
Fried Spam hash (mixed with fried potatoes, onions, green peppers)

Once I went fishing with a serious country boy. I bought the gas for the boat and he brought drinks and food. Lunch was SOUSE meat with crackers and hot sauce. If you do not know what souse meat is do yourself a favor and DO NOT look it up on the web. Woof! On a 100+ degree day on the lake with nothing but beer to drink and souse meat to eat it does not take long for you to get queezy.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-09, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Oh Jeez...

I thought I was the only bread and gravy person around! I also used to love biscuits and, well anything, but biscuits and gravy. Another was Hershey's chocolate sauce on bread, kind of a desert. Actually when I think back at it, I not only ate a lot of weird things, I was a glutton!

Let me blast out a list - some weird some just plain too much -

I could not go through a checkout line of any sort without buying a candy bar, or two.

Graham Cracker Mush - a whole pack of graham crackers, mushed up in a 1 quart glass of skim milk. Eaten with a spoon.

Half (or more) a tub of frosting and however many saltine or ritz crackers it took to wipe out the frosting.

At least one pound of orero cookies and enough milk to dunk em in...sometimes chocolate milk.

I was proud that I tried to eat one Hershey bar a day.

Upwards of a gallon of soda and or Gatorade a day.

Peanut butter and jelly mixed in a bowl and crackers to dip into this.

Plain potato chips on a PBnJ sandwich.

Gravy and rice/any noodles or pasta/french fries/instant mashed taters/bread/fried rice

Dipped fries in shake at any fast food place.

Drinking a can of spaghetti O's

Eating about 1 pound of cooked pasta and sauce as dinner.

Eating the entire time I was on a long drive, I'd go from fast food to fast food or truck stop/convenience stores. I figured out that if I was eating I would not snap sleep or fall asleep while driving. And it was all crap....

PBnJ sandwiches on waffles from the freezer.

Stopping at KFC and eating a large cole slaw and a large mashed taters in gravy, then crumbling biscuits into left over gravy or mixing in with the taters n gravy.

Carrot and Mayo sandwich taco. This was mayo up some white bread and put a hunk of whole peeled carrot on the bread, wrap like taco and eat.

Dipping my bread in my coke or orange soda.

Spam, cheese and mayo sandwiches or grilled spam and cheese.

Spaghetti sauce on mac n cheese, and eat the whole box of it....cooked of course...

Margarine on crackers, usually a whole sleeve of them, washed down with soda.

I drank a lot of beer and mixed drinks. Almsot a whole bottle of wine with dinner.

Eating an entire Pepperidge farms chocolate cake as a snack after drinking or just because.

3 pastries and a whole quart of chocolate milk for breakfast. At least 2 times a week.

Half a pie (apple, blueberry or peach usually) and a pint of ice cream as dessert or even as a snack.

Peanut butter with a spoon right out of the jar. (Frosting too)

Do I have to go on? And if I had to estimate, probably 85% of my diet was carbs, and mostly junk carbs. My God I was a pig!

Last edited by ProfGumby : Sun, Dec-06-09 at 13:45.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 11:06

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Ok, I've got some gastric delights guaranteed to bring about distress:

waffles dipped in pudding
poutine (it's a canadian thing - french fries smothered in cheese curds, and topped with gravy)
loads of pasta with parmesan and butter
newfie poutine (yep, canadian again! - french fries smothered in stuffing (as in turkey!), cheese curds, and gravy made on fried up hamburger)
Turkey stuffing sandwiches on white bread
saltines slathered with butter
Grilled cheese made with zoodles in the middle
Potato chips dipped in mayo (bbq are the best!)
Raw cookie dough (as in, bought the Pillsbury ready to bake for the sole purpose of eating the dough)
Ramen noodles mixed with process cheese slices
Dark meat chicken nuggets topped with dill pickles & cheez whiz
hashbrowns topped with salsa & sour cream
and....I almost forgot my favorite...hot dogs on white bread with cheese whiz, ketchup & mayo

I, too, am also guilty of the frosting monster. Could eat it straight, or if I felt extra naughty, on bread, cookies or crackers!

Wow. What a list

Was it any wonder I was 300+ lbs?
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 14:10

Plan: 75%Fat. 20%Prot. 5%Carbs
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 3%
Cool

It's simply wonderful that now we're conscious about our mistakes. You guys have such great results of weight loss. I'm happy

You know what's funny? I've read all the thread and when I reached the last page I felt stuffed, like I've been eaten all those things.

Still ashamed of myself. I remembered one more thing I used to love: white toast + butter + honey + milk. Of course, I'm not talking about just one little serving size.
Mmmm ... gimme butter, skip the rest
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 18:58

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Just remembered another favourite sandwich - white bread (of course), lots of homemade butter, sliced bananas and slathered in Miracle Whip! I think I could still enjoy that and, in mom's defense, at least the white bread was homemade! Oh, and pancakes, again slathered in butter and heaps of brown sugar dissolving in the melting butter - roll up and enjoy!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 00:57

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I used to eat Fluffernutters. Peanut butter with marshmallow creme on white bread. The thought of it now makes me queazy!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 02:10

BF:

I used to eat Fluffernutters. Peanut butter with marshmallow creme on white bread. The thought of it now makes me queazy!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 02:14

BF:

ProfGumby,
I thought I was the only person on the planet who ate the spagettio's right out of the can and then drank the sauce! No wonder we have a weight management problem.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 02:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/269/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazLaJauna

are you originally from Boston? LOL -- that's like the state sandwich here!!! I've never had it, and probably never will. I like my peanut butter and marshmallow cream separate!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 02:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/269/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crease
and yes, cream cheese/butter/sf syrup IS like frosting. mmm. one of the things that keeps me on plan most of the time.

I'm trying to stay away from frosting-type stuff right now. I used to eat the whole container of Pillsbury!!! And I'm afraid once I got started, well ....

I've never been a cake lover, just the frosting. I'd leave the cake on the plate. Oh, but I do love the batter!

other bad habits: banana/peanut butter sandwiches on white bread. (is there any other kind?), peanut butter/choc. chip pancakes with syrup over top, fried potatoes with onions .. ok, good thing I just had some cheese
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 08:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 165/144/135 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_dane
You know what's funny? I've read all the thread and when I reached the last page I felt stuffed, like I've been eaten all those things.

Not me!!! Some of these gems make me a little nauseous to contemplate, but most just make me HUNGRY!!! Poutine...mmmmm......
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 18:50

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazLaJauna
ProfGumby,
I thought I was the only person on the planet who ate the spagettio's right out of the can and then drank the sauce! No wonder we have a weight management problem.

My brother used to do that after supper, before mom and I were finished doing the supper dishes! He's mid-sixties now, and still slim but I don't know if he still eats cold, canned spaghetti. I'll have to remember to ask him.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-09, 15:45

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 183/169/160 Female 5'6"
BF:yes, lots!
Progress: 61%

Wow! There are some doozies here. Personally, I've done the frosting from the can thing, Pringles dipped in cottage cheese, Doritos dipped in canned cheese dip (kinda like spicy Cheez Whiz; I'm sure it was just as nutritious !), ramen noodles with just enough broth to make the seasoning from the packet stick, peanut butter by the spoon, mashed potatoes and gravy. I did get hooked on poutine when I lived in Canada for a year, also; tasty stuff, glad I never made my own. Also glad I never got too creative with the sweet treats or I'd be in even worse shape than I am now.
Since I don't have any grisly concoctions of my own, I'd like to share a couple from other people: my cousin used to pour mini marshmallows into a bowl, pour in maple syrup, and scarf the whole thing down. She called it cereal (considering how much sugar they put in that stuff these days, she wasn't too far off), I called it disgusting, and this was when we were kids and I was at the peak of my sugar appreciation. Years later, I had a roommate who made "milkshakes" consisting of milk, ice cream, chocolate syrup, and Hostess cupcakes. And she wondered why she had a weight problem...
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-09, 21:04
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA

A favorite was leftover bread stuffing/dressing (from turkey dinner), made into a sandwich with white sourdough bread with lots of raspberry jam

I wonder if this is a Sask thing? Used to do that too...

Stuffing... I love stuffing...

My other favourite was a thick slice of ham lathered in mustard with large chunks of onion between two thick slices of bread.