Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-09, 09:14

Plan: LC
Stats: 294/289.4/175 Female 64 in
BF:yikes!!
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieL
Maybe if everyone on this thread that has expressed a desire for more interaction on the TDC made it a point to start a new thread with a problem or idea instead of putting it in their journal, we could start to generate new life in the TDC.
I think it's worth trying to rekindle that flame and bring the TDC back to life.

Great idea, Valerie. I am going to find a thread I once posted and got just a few replies to, and bump it up.

I love this thread, BTW!! Long live the TDC!!
Sonia
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-09, 12:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
We have almost identical stats! I was 204 today up from 178. 178 seemed so golden somehow!

What was golden about 178? I could see my collarbone, my ribs. I was wearing 12-14 tops and 16 slacks. It wouldn't take that long to get back if I got serious (I think).

You probably have a good deal of muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Doesn't mean that you like the scale better, just that you probably are fitter than most people at the same weight.

I'm tired of being over 200, my stat sister. You don't journal? You can come and visit me in mine if you like. I'm going on vacation starting the 29th and I'm going to try to stay on plan as much as possible and do something active every day. Until then, I'm so crazy busy I'm just going to try to stay on plan, work and study. Thanks for your comments.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-09, 13:46

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDweller
What was golden about 178? I could see my collarbone, my ribs. I was wearing 12-14 tops and 16 slacks. It wouldn't take that long to get back if I got serious (I think).

You probably have a good deal of muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Doesn't mean that you like the scale better, just that you probably are fitter than most people at the same weight.

I'm tired of being over 200, my stat sister. You don't journal? You can come and visit me in mine if you like. I'm going on vacation starting the 29th and I'm going to try to stay on plan as much as possible and do something active every day. Until then, I'm so crazy busy I'm just going to try to stay on plan, work and study. Thanks for your comments.

I will check it out! Maybe we can motivate each other. I would be happy to just maintain at 199 until I am done my marathon in November, just to consistently be in Onederland. I am fitter, but also bigger - had to put away my size 16's 178 was a big deal because it was "merely overweight" as opposed to obese (I'm 5'5"). I would not trade what I am doing now to be thinner, though. I did a 4 mile speed run the other day and stopped at a light to a weird silence. I couldn't figure out what was weird and then I noticed I was not even breathing hard. It's nice to have that kind of stamina.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-09, 22:31

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

What an inspiring post, Charran. Thanks so much for sharing it.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-09, 07:16

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Thanks Kris!

I'm very happy that this thread kind of took off and I'm especially happy to see that it sparked some interest in the TDC. I see alot of new threads and some great older ones that have been bumped up. Now, it's one of my first stops when I get here. The other thing that I'm really, really happy about is that so many people have started posting that perhaps weren't as active previously. Hopefully this trend will continue!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-09, 19:34

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

The TDC people are special, I've found. We bring a different focus to weight loss and low-carb. We aren't being trendy by eating low-carb or low-GI, we aren't being vain about the last 10 lbs, we are here dealing with life-altering, health-damaging issues that impact our lives in every way, every day. There was always a frank discussion of real, personal issues in the TDC that seemed to happen far less frequently than they do in other areas of this forum. It felt real and important and it was so helpful to me as I was losing weight.

I think it's worth trying to rekindle that flame and bring the TDC back to life.

I agree and this weight loss is not a sprint! Much to learn and patience for me because weight loss has been slow. I did take serious account to what I am eating and hopefully tomorrow I will have lost.........so far June has been a stall or gain and haven't really changed what I eat.

I appreciate all the comments for the issues I have had! I don't know how to copy and paste multiple posts into my posts but thanks to all who did!! I also hope that we are free to reply as we see it and not worry just because someone is on a different plan we all are in this to lose weight and better our health. I think TDC is a great bunch of people who know what I am going through. I cannot relate to a person only weight 150 who is obsessed with loosing weight I would love to weigh 150!!!!

This TDC has gotten more interesting to me since some of you started this more interesting threads!!

Gloria
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 00:57

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

I love visiting in the TDC and think you're wonderful people, and you deal with and discuss important issues. And there are some superficial folks around the rest of the forum, but please don't dismiss us all as vain.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 05:56
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Char, thank you for posting this thread. I needed to read it today.

I'm sorry that you have been struggling.

I have been too, and started to do the "disappearing act". But I can't do that - I need to be here.

(((hugs))) to you my friend.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 07:44

Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
I need to be here.
I'm glad that you realized this now Donna!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 08:32
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaliz67
Char, thank you for posting this thread. I needed to read it today.

I'm sorry that you have been struggling.

I have been too, and started to do the "disappearing act". But I can't do that - I need to be here.

(((hugs))) to you my friend.

Welcome back Donnaliz!!
I was worried for you.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 19:15
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Adding my thanks for the thead, Char.

I've been around awhile - I think I joined around the beginning of 2004. I lost 105 pounds, disappeared for all sorts of reasons -- I left my husband, moved from the suburbs to the city, kept in touch with many old forum friends through other means. But at the end of it, I've gained back almost to my starting point, and I need the TDC and what we can bring to it.

I've started my journal up again although at times it seems very heavy-going to have to work through these same pounds again. I just read a bunch of the old threads about what is better as you get thinner -- those are still so important.

Hello to those I haven't met before and yes, I intend to be here for a long time. For all of us in the TDC, this cannot be a one-time effort but a recognition that it's a forever thing.

* Off to check out the rest of the new TDC threads *
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 11:44

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

my own shame at my lack of progress has made me disappear more than once. However, I always find my way back so I view this as my lifeline, even if I act like a noob after being away so long....
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 13:40
Monday came.

Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
my own shame at my lack of progress has made me disappear more than once. However, I always find my way back so I view this as my lifeline, even if I act like a noob after being away so long....

Hey, noob, looks like you're getting really close to the one-somethingty-somethings. That's cool. We just loves us a border crossing party!!

I was embarrassed to even announce my crossing here--sorta sneaked over in the night--because I figured that people would think, "Well, yeah, again? Whatever . . . " Sorta like when someone has their fourteenth child, no-one throws a shower anymore (and why not?)

But now that I think about it, every crossing is an excuse to roll out the border bear and put on the silly hats and bring flowers.

Can't wait!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 13:45
Monday came.

Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I love visiting in the TDC and think you're wonderful people, and you deal with and discuss important issues. And there are some superficial folks around the rest of the forum, but please don't dismiss us all as vain.

Agreed. It takes all kinds of people. . . . I am just glad that we have our little haven here. People on an anorexic site will also be dealing w/eating disorders, and I think we could all find common ground--but there are things we both just wouldn't get about one another.

And when someone is ten-fifteen pounds overweight, their pain is just as real as ours; you can't quantify pain. But still, this degree of obesity isolates, and breaking down that isolation is part of healing. Or so it seems to me.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 14:49
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Just like with the prodigal son or daughter story, coming back and celebrating re-won milestones are good things to do.