Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 19:19

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

I started with lean because i needed to lose weight and was sooooo out of shape. I enjoyed it so much that I did classic next. Started on doubles and life got busy. Enjoy ! My before and after are posted on here also at beachbody.com under 1fitmimi
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 17:22

Plan: not one specifically
Stats: 123/113/105 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress:

Fellow X-er here. I'll tell you it's quite addicting. You learn Tony's humor, he motivates you and has fun at the same time. I've been doing it for 3 years and even though I'm not following the exact classic program now (I'm also doing INSANITY - another Beachbody product), whenever I do one of the workouts I still watch the dvd even though i can pretty much say everything Tony does during the workout! I love it and it got me in the best shape of my life.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 04:24

Plan: Keto-ish Low Carb
Stats: 420/407/240 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 7%

So it's worth the money in your opinion?
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 04:54

Plan: not one specifically
Stats: 123/113/105 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress:

absolutely it is. beachbody has a forum websitemuch like this one that you can go to and get connected with P90Xers all over the world too if you want to talk to them first, during, after, etc. I really always felt supported and part of this big beachbody family.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 06:34

WEll worth the money Jeep if you follow the plan! I love it! I did it twice last year and life got too busy to continue. I starting back on a version of P90X as of yesterday. Will be twisting it a bit to fit my lifestyle. I am a Zumba instructor and will mix p90x with Zumba to lean down a bit.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 175/175/160 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Definitely worth the expense - and you will never find it 'on sale' anywhere, so if you see it for $69 it's counterfeit. I know someone who bought the $69 and three of the DVDs didn't play, and the food guide was all screwed up - incorrect recipes, calorie counts, etc. For the additional $60, get the real deal.

I am still doing it after 3 years. I don't watch the DVDs anymore, I have them memorized anyway, so I go to my gym and do it. There's a nice Android app called "JEFIT" that has a library of routines you can download. I added all the P90X workouts, so I keep track of where I am and what my previous weight/rep count was right on my phone.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 07:39

wo I wil have to check out jefit nice to know thanks!
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-11, 23:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173.4/173.4/135 Female 5'3"
BF:31%
Progress: 0%

I completed my first P90X workout today, (with modifications, of course). WOW. It is intense, but in a good way. I know I will be sore tomorrow, but plan to keep working through it.

I want to follow a low-carb diet and am wondering if it is ok with all phases of P90X. I read conflicting reports about needing extra carbs to avoid an energy crash. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have quite a bit of weight to lose, but want to be able to have some intensity in my exercise routine.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-11, 06:24

yes and no. how is that for a conflicting report. I did great with lowcarb for the first phase. In the second phase I started hitting a wall. Just ran totally out of energy before the workout was done. I started using shakeolgy at this point and it worked wonders for me. A half a banana or something else along that line should help as well.

HTH
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-11, 09:04

Plan: One
Stats: 345/294.4/160 Female 64
BF:Yes
Progress: 27%

Is anyone currently doing P90X? I need to get back on and could use the support.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-11, 09:06

I am not currently. But it is a fantastic program. They are going to release a P90X2 soon, i have heard.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-11, 09:10

Plan: One
Stats: 345/294.4/160 Female 64
BF:Yes
Progress: 27%

I felt great when I was sticking with it but I tend to fall off easily.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 08:29

it is a hard committment. Wish I had the time to do it again.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-12, 14:59
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%

I was so nervous yet excited about starting P90X. I was afraid that only supermen (women) could do it. Starting week 3 today. I love it! I am no superwoman, but I am a determined woman. I've always been active and can out do many in cardio because after I get tired I let the endorphins take over and just fly.

Anyway, I did too much first week. Felt like I was in a car accident. Second week I was very sore. This week I am just sore. That is why they change the program up after week 3 obviously. Time to make me very sore again. That's okay with me, Bring it!

Also taking shakeology. Scared to say it out loud but I'm pretty sure I have broke my plateau. Don't want to weigh or measure yet but I can see/feel it.

Don't be afraid of p90X. Do the best u can. Carefully.U will respect it. It will kick your butt, but some ppl love that sort of thing
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 07:02

P90 x is an awesome program. I did two rounds of it m absolutely loved it. Shakeology does help in pushing thru a workout. Congrats to you