Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-09, 21:09

Plan: Richard Bernstein
Stats: 262/247/160 Female 5' 9.75"
BF:
Progress: 15%

How often do you all weigh in? I have struggled sticking with low carb in the past. I get sucked into my husband's sugar stash. I am hoping that participating in this support group will help. Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-09, 22:42

Plan: Low Carb, Plexus
Stats: 526/487/250 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Welcome sas, you're free to join in.

mycufree, I probably weigh in way too much. I have an official weekly weigh in on Wednesday, but I'm on the scale when I wake up and sometimes before I go to bed. I'm just curious how my weight reacts to what I do that day and trying to find the magic formula to make it melt off.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-09, 22:58

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloquilts
I had a total knee and definately want to lose weight to be better for the knee You weigh in on Thursday? I do Mondays

Good luck on Thursday!
Glo

Glo, I tore my ACL, LCL, stretched the main nerve in my leg, never played ball again and being the student that i was, parties, girls, my fraternity parties, alchohol, and just being lazy well you know the rest. Its been a struggle ever since. But hey were all working on it. when i do the lifts my knee does awkward things but its eithe do them or do nothing so i just want to push and push and push and push.

Welcome Mycufree!
Welcome Back Starrk!
Welcome Centaurea!
Welcome Sas202554

I'm so glad you all have joined!
I have well over 100lbs to lose but hey 100lbs is a start
Im embarrassed but proud to say that i lost 104lbs on this plan when i first discovered this site about 4 years ago. Took me four years to put it alll back on. Started back with a personal trainer and i let him convince me that atkins low carb was bad for me and that I could do it with low fat strength training and cardio. I fully knew that low carb is the biggest baddest most doable plan for me and its MY PLAN. but i started listening to everybodyelse and doing everything but what got me there. After that year after year it just got worse and worse and ive put it all back on plus some. Thats my story. Now im back at it and just ready to get to where i know i can be. So thank you all for joining me. We do this independently of one another but together from the time we wake up till the time we fall asleep. So lets make some noise!
I'm excited!

JT
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 09:16

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan
Stats: 239/226/139 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

This is my second time around, too. I did Protein Power my Senior year of high school in '99. My starting weight was 195 and I got down to 155 REALLY fast. I then stalled. I continued doing the plan for a total of one year, but then went through somethings and got off it. I went from LC to cookies for lunch and ice cream for dinner. I gained back the weight and by the time I found out I was pregnant with my son in '03 I weighed 226. I started my pregnancy with my daughter at 244. My weight just kept going up.

When I found myself staying home when my DH took the kids to the park (or just out anywhere), I knew I needed to make a change.

I weighed in today (I can't seem to stay away from the scale for more than a day, LOL) and am down another 3lbs to 248! 4 more pounds until I reach my first mini goal!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/256.5/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much!!!
Progress: 6%

Yes, I had joined 1st but since I haven't been updating my stats here I wasn't sure if I was still in. Thanks for having me back. Are we all weighing in on the same day of the week here? I weigh myself every morning but my official weigh in is on Mondays.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Optimum (loosely)
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

This is the second time around for me too. The first time I did induction constantly and walked miles every night and I went from 270 to 200, but that was when I was 22 and before I had any children. Things are different now, and induction kick-started me this go-round but I got 10 days out of it and that was it. I can't lose on it anymore. I just stalled. I guess my metabolism is so abused (on "health" food like organ meat, whole grains, beans, greens and fruit and the occasional chocolate! I got ratios wrong I guess.. heavy on the chocolate hehe) that my protein metabolism is way out of whack, so now it's time to try Optimal where I lower my protein. It's hard to say if it's doing anything yet but I think it's broken the stall, though I am only 2-3 pounds down and back up a little from this weekend when I was ill and not eating.

Monday sounds like a good day to weigh in to me. This monday I was 230, though Sunday was 229, and today was 232 (urghl!). There's a good chance it's just added GI weight from nil to normal as I recovered from the illness though, so maybe I shouldn't stress too much.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 10:44

Congrats Ashley! that is wonderful! I know all too well of hte ups and downs. When I played ball i was a SOLID 255lbs. A complete BEAST! after my knee injury, life comletely changed for me. anyhooo. Congrats on your loss!

Starrk! my weigh in officially on Thursdays! I take sneak peaks at the scale every now and then as well but i try not to do it alot. i think i get on the scale about 2 or 3 times a week including my official weigh in day. but thats ok i guess. Last week i was up 5lbs but was working hard so i decided to start doing measurements. my measurements are down so far so that makes me feel good also.

Centaurea! i lost 16lbs in my first week of induction and then 7 days later was up 5lbs. I was hurt by it but its amazing what you can overcome when your mind is comletely made up. I just hope im not obsessing? but if its a lifestyle do you really obsess? I dont know, i know i have food issues. I was going to post in my journal about those issues and just see if i could get any takers. Realisticly i know im lookin at what 2 yrs to get to where i REALLY REALLY want to be so im going to just focus on being consistent. My weigh in day is on Thursday. I think I am even going to take my measurements first before i weigh so i will know for sure that my week went ok and that im not doing this in vein and to continue no matter what. I have on pants now that a month ago were "FITTING" lol, now they are almost on the floor. So im feeling good and have lots and lots of energy. Im sure that will simmer down after my knee lifts and push ups session today. LOL.

Congrats everyone on working hard to get to our MINUS 100lb goal.

JT
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 17:51

Plan: Atkins 01/11/10
Stats: 355/310/147 Female 5'-9"
BF:goin' down
Progress: 22%

Wow!!! You guys are doing great. Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile, but I have lost no weight in the past two weeks. I have really cut down on my carbs, but apparently I can't eat as many as I used to be able to and still achieve ketosis. I did start food journaling on FitDay and realized I was eating way more carbs than I thought. Maybe I need to review DANDR since it has been a few years since I seriously tried it.

One of the things I have noticed since I started low-carbing is a slight depression which is probably due to missing the serotonin generally supplied by the carbs. I got a bottle of 5htp since that usually gives me a good boost of serotonin and I feel a little better today.

I do need to start moving more. I have a gym membership that I need to start using! I've spent the past two weeks reading the Twilight Saga novels and lots and lots of journals on this forum trying to get to know some of you guys.

Is anyone on this challenge doing IF? Also, has anyone had much experience with OD?

Congratulations to you guys on your progress!

Juanita
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 19:04

Plan: Richard Bernstein
Stats: 262/247/160 Female 5' 9.75"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks to all of you for sharing your successes and your ups and downs. I makes me feel normal. I did low carb a few years ago and lost about 50 pounds and then let the "voices" convince me that low carb was bad for me. Needless to say, I put back on the 50 plus about 25 more. I weighed in this morning and am down to 247. I am just beginning to see that for me this will be a way of life. I feel a lot better when I am low carbing - no heart burn at night. Now if I could just convince my husband to keep the sugar out of the house, that would help.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 03:54
hkl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Mycufree - Been there done that! I put on so much weight the past 4 years after having a baby, well, I am a lot more heavier than I was back in 2003 when I tried Atkins for the first time!

We can do this!
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiajuana
I did start food journaling on FitDay and realized I was eating way more carbs than I thought. Maybe I need to review DANDR since it has been a few years since I seriously tried it.

I do need to start moving more. I have a gym membership that I need to start using!

Juanita

In my personal opinion the old old DR Atkins New Diet Revolution was the absolute best release. Just my opinion. Its like the low carb bible to me. Not very commercialized and it worked wonders. I remember doing it in college so hard core that i lost 60lbs but after two weeks of no bowel movements i caught a SERIOUS case of consitpation and had to call my mom almost in tears. After a few bowls of Raisin Bran, LIquid Colace, and Watermelon. DIDNT HAVE THAT PROBLEM ANYMORE. lol, but i also stopped doing the diet out of pure fear. then after about 2 years I got on it again after i met this guy who was on it and i told him i had been on it a couple years back and told him of my horror story and he said well i have to do something and he continued and lost over 100lbs. That made so much sense to me. It was like ok, this is the one thing that works for me and im comfortable and i can be me i just have to figure out how get in enough fiber and i'll be cool. The first time i did it my diet consisted of grilled chicken breast strips cheese, and eggs. THAT WAS IT. Not hard being a college bachelor and absolutely noone to answer for. And I was doing about a gallon of water a day. Anyhoo fast forward back to my second attempt after talking to this guy and that puts me at 4 years ago when i found this forum while looking for something else. I had a goal to lose 2lbs per week and lose 104lbs in a year. Not only did i do it, but i did it EXACTLY ON THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY date. And i did it with no exercise. I then decided i was going to go to a personal trainer that was about two blocks away from my office and i let him convince me that low carb was dangerous and this and that. So i began to phase out low carb and use his nuts and berries and fresh veges and all this crap. next thing you know i was 20lbs heavier and then 30 and then i just stopped everything altogether. In four years i put on all the weight i lost plus some. So now, im back to what i know. I'm back to whats comfortable, its not a bad lifestyle change and im being 500% more active than I had been.

About a month ago my wife and I miscarried twins. We loved our babies so much together and one of the promises that I made to myself my wife and my doctor was that I will be a healthier more fit man the next time around so that I can be the best father I could possibly be. So this is kinda like my last stand. The other plans dont work the other diets only show short term success and are not long term solutions for me. So this is what i'll be doing from now on. And if i lose a few pounds in the process. That will be good.

TIJUANA check out our 100 Knee Lifts per night thread, its a great gateway exercise that alot have come to enjoy.

JT
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 12:02

Plan: Low Carb, Plexus
Stats: 526/487/250 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well, the scale did move. Official Weigh-in 414.2 Down 3.4 since last week.

I'm in the same boat with yo-yo ing. With this weeks loss it puts me under my 2004 starting weight of 415. Then I lost 45 lbs in 8 months on Atkins. Then started gaining it back(Off LC) plus 35 lbs more until January, when it hit me that something had to change. I lost 10lbs just be controling Diet, then back on Atkins Mar 18th, and have lost almost 20 lbs in those 6 weeks. With a whole lot more to go. Keep your head up everyone, and when you get discouraged just start reading some of the success threads on here of TDC members. You know those are real as opposed to the ones you see on infomercials.
LC has been the only thing that has truly worked for me.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 13:39
hkl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Yea in 2003 I was 253 lbs. Lost 53 lbs in 1.5 yrs on Atkins Jan 2003 - June 2004. Gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy (Aug 2004-May 2005), and was diet hopping between LC and Richard Simmons...since then... and gained what I lost and a lot more! I pray I can lose a great deal before our move to Buffalo in August, so I can sit comfy in the airplane seat (Air France) and have energy for the move!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 14:16

Hoosierrr!!!!!! Good Job man! it wont be long now! keep this up and in a year thats about 175 180 or so lbs man! whooo hooooooooooooo
were in it for the long haul!

JT
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 14:31

Plan: General LC/PPLP/Atkins
Stats: 390/379/200 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 6%

Awesome job, Aaron! Way to go!!!

My mid-week weigh-in was today, and while it's not stellar, it's a step in the right direction, so I'm more than thankful for it. LOL Plus, it's a new decade for me---I'm down to the 370s, barely.

Current weight: 379