Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 23:10

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 222/203/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Wow! What a difference Lee! Keep on keepin' on.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 07:50

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurst
Wow! What a difference Lee! Keep on keepin' on.

Thanks. It's a journey. If I get down to goal weight, I'll be the svelt guy my wife married.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: semi low-carb
Stats: 209.6/201.4/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Today is my first day on a hybrid semi low-carb plan. On a very low-carb plan I was having "digestive issues" and I felt I was eating too much meat. I felt if I had to look at another egg for breakfast I was going to lose it. Basically, I need more fibre.

I plan to keep my calories at no more than 1,100 a day, and restrict carbs to less than 75 grams per day (mostly in the form of vegetables, a small amount of oats, and sprouted grains bread).

I'll give it a week to see how its working for me. Ideally, I'd like to see a 1.5 to 2 lb. loss each week.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 10:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Alot of people think on low carb your choices are limited to eggs and meat...There are so many recipes out there its truly amazing..I think more people would stay lc if they found and used the available recipes...I hope you stay lc and wish you luck on whatever choice you make
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 10:54

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I don't track my food very religiously now, but when I first came here in 2008, I did and averaged 100 carbs and 1500 cals/day and lost 60 lbs in 60 months.

Unfortunately, I gained it back the following year, then lost 20 lbs from having diabetes which was diagnosed last July. I'm on Metformin and have found it to be very helpful in weight loss.

I started on 6 weeks of Bernstein's diabetes plan of 30 carbs to bring my blood sugar down quickly, but since then I haven't followed any particular plan, but estimate my carbs are probably usually in the 50-100 /day range now, some days maybe a bit more but not much less than 50 or I can't sleep at night.

I've lost 80 lbs over the past year on this regimen which seems "doable" to me long term, which is one of my biggest concerns this time around as this has to be my last weight loss or the health consequences will be very serious.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 20:46
Registered Member

BF:

JLx, I'm guessing you meant you lost 60 pounds in 6 months, not 60 months. Regardless, congratulations on your 80 lb. loss. That's fabulous in one short year!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 02:43

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffypants
JLx, I'm guessing you meant you lost 60 pounds in 6 months, not 60 months. Regardless, congratulations on your 80 lb. loss. That's fabulous in one short year!

Yeah, you're right!

And thanks, it feels great. I know we're all different, but I mention it in case it might encourage someone who is struggling. I am a post menopausal woman, too, btw.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 12:58

Plan: Low carb/real food
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I have been bouncing around trying to do this low carb thing. I started Atkins last Oct and I have lost about 30 lbs, but i am losing motivation. I think I might do my own thing...just lower carb. I have a family to feed everyday and it gets really old trying to keep everyone satisfied.
What carb levels are you guys losing on?
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 14:35
Registered Member

BF:

Its too soon to tell since I just started adding in sprouted grains bread 2 days ago, and the scale has yet to move, but I'm happy to say my digestive system is!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-12, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/188/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Great reading about the progress. I'm training for a weight lifting comp so can't cut calories, but cut my carbs a bit - not too low and am averaging around 60 - 90 a day, am losing but keeping my strength so it's all good. Lovely to know it is sustainable too.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-12, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 198/136/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 107%

I'm not following any particular plan - just my own I made up. I cannot do Atkins - too much fat for me, it makes me sick, something to do with my gallbladder.

I guess I eat about 60 - 100 carbs a day - I don't count carbs, BUT I keep reading and reading about carbs, so I keep learning about making better low carb choices. I do eat toast just about everyday (semi-low carb bread recipe I found online), dreamfield pasta 2x/week and on saturdays I eat whatever I want. I've also started walking every night - started at 5 min walks and am now up to 30 mins/day.

After everything I've read on different diets, I've come to the conclusion that you don't diet - you do a lifechange AND everyone is different. Atkins is great for some, but let's face it, there are a lot of healthy fit people out there on other diets, including those that follow the food pyramid guideline (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat).

BTW, I've been doing this for 9 weeks now and have lost 18 lbs. I've never dieted before
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-12, 21:42

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Great to see this oldie thread keep trucking on!

I regularly see friends and family members gorging on what appears to be several hundred calories a day. Yikes.

But is also seems like the mainstream media is finally coming around about carbs. I see it everywhere. I think it's the type 2 diabetes epidemic that is bringing it home to many people and doctors.

People will try all kinds of things to lose weight quick, including going very low carb. And if it works for them, great!

For close to a year I've been maintaining on 50-100 grams of carbs a day effortlessly. At some point I need to get myself geared up for the "last ten pounds". And that will simply eating less of what I'm eating now. But maintenance is good too!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 03:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/188/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Well done Ann on your weight loss, I do think it's a life change, no matter what method you use or whether you limit carbs or calories. I had my gall bladder out about 12 years ago now and must say it used to be fats that set it off. So you have hit the nail on the head there IMO.

Shannone10 - well done getting to those 'last 10lbs' Must feel fab, but also in maintaining your losses. Never easy.

I'm still ticking along nicely - AF arrived and brought with her 2lb gain but that's to be expected, back to the gym tonight and hoping to shift that soon and more.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 11:35
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 198/136/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 107%

Lifter - you are doing AMAZING in your weight loss!

I am pretty sure it's the gall bladder, as I've had stones (just a few) in the past and fats are definitely a trigger.

Yesterday I had a craving for bacon (which I never had before) - I think it's because I've been reading so much on low carbs, forums, recipes.... and sooo many posts/articles talk about bacon, bacon, bacon! So, yesterday I had some and was sick - and didn't even enjoy the bacon!

I agree with you, everybody's gotta do what works for them IMHO.

AF arrived and brought with her 2lb gain <-- what is AF?
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 11:39
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I think AF= aunt flow.