Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 12:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/156/144 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Yes i had gone back to eating carbs. Have been eating them for like 6 months. And then decided i did not want to gain all the weight back. So back on induction. Just not losing inches or weight. Captin Mike I don't think i am eating anything with glutin. Is cultured whey a form of glutin? So you think if i eat say 2 hamburgers with mayo at evening meal with mayo and small salad (blue cheese dressing) should i use something else on salad? I have a egg with mayo in morning and like i stated drink plenty of water this will help? Do you think cutting out the carbs completly will help for say maybe a week? Looking at this post almost every hour waitng for responces. Thanks all P.S by eliminating dairy which i have done in the last week has not helped but i have had butter this is considered dairy Yes?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 12:21

BF:
Progress:

Also I stayed on induction for a very long time probably more than 8 months cause i just did not want to gain any wieght. Do you think my body just says oh no not again so it is fighting me. and will i ever beat it? You know how they say your body has a memory?
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 15:37

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

noloseany--what carbs are you going to cut? I cannot see how much you are eating. List exactly what you are eating and at what times. Like this: Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in butter; 2 strips bacon; coffee with AS and cream Lunch: 2 cups salad lettuce, shredded cheese, hard boiled egg, blue cheese dressing with 1 can of tuna mixed with mayo Dinner: 1 chicken breast with 1 cup broccoli with butter. If you can list exactly what you are eating then we can see what you need to adjust. For some, they need more time for their body to adjust to the fact that you are going to feed it!! So many diets are restrictive and your body fights until it realizes you are feeding it and then it starts to let the fat go. Give it some more time and make sure you eat enough!!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 16:50

BF:
Progress:

This morning i had one cup of coffee no cream or sugar. Breakfast 1 egg 2 tablespoons mayo. Lunch 1 cup lettuce chopped up with 1 med to large hamburger on top of lettuce and 3 tblspoons mayo pn top of that. Will probably have the same thing for dinner. At this point i don't even know if i will have the lettuce i am so upset. Drinking lots of water no dairy except i guess for the blue cheese dressing i was having with salads made only on lettuce but i have cut that out too.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 17:57

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 12/06/04 Female 5' 1.5
BF:
Progress: 75%

OK. Take a deep breath. Relaaaax. I know you're upset and frustrated, but your body is not necessarily going to let go of weight just because you want it to. It will come off at its own pace. You may be retaining water and will see a loss on the scale shortly. You may be losing bodyfat and gaining a bit of muscle, which will result in a smaller size (and better health) even if nothing shows on the scale. You didn't put on 12 pounds in two weeks. It may take as long to come off as it did going on. I know that's not what you want to hear, but getting into a panic and giving up isn't going to help. You know that LC works, but you have to give it time. Think of it this way: is it hard to stay on Induction? Are you hungry? Can you follow the rules of Induction, without depriving yourself of "legal" foods and making yourself miserable, for another two weeks?

You say you're in menopause. You don't have much to lose. Progress will be slower than last time. I have been there and I'm still there, so I know. Patience is key. There are "tweaks" you can try, but if I were you, I'd do another two weeks of Induction first before I start shaking things up.

Rachel
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 18:02

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

It's working, it's just not showing up on the scale now. I know... we all know... how frustrating that is. You're burning fat for energy, so you're doing fine.

I'm glad to see you're drinking a lot of water, so your body will feel safe to let go of its stored water. When your body has used up the fat in your fat cells, it fills them with water to save the space until you get over this dieting thing. When your body realizes it's not going to get to refill your fat cells with fat any time soon, it'll let go of the water, if it has enough water coming in to feel safe.

Meg
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 20:25

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

It sounds like you should eat a little more, actually. Add something fun that you really like to this menu; I can't get enough of avacado, and toss it into my salads or just eat it plain becasue I'm obsessed with the taste. You need to think of food like it's fuel, your body needs certain things, and that includes your brain, you need to find the balance of eating things you really love and that fall into the WOE. If you eat hamburger and lettuce everyday, you will get sick of it and fall off plan.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 22:47

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

The big question is, are you satisfied with what you're eating? Like the others said - don't punish yourself. If you feel like you'd be happy with all meat and no carbs, go for it, but if you would feel bored or deprived, it might not be worth it. If you're enjoying your meals and you don't feel hungry, it will be much easier to deal with the stress of trying to lose weight.

Sometimes it helps to add something instead of taking something away - try adding more fat. Coconut oil, lard and egg yolks are pretty versatile.

There's probably no gluten in cultured whey, although whey is a dairy product. Here's a quick summary:

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. If you're not eating any grains, you've already cut out most major sources of gluten. But watch out for the following:

Soy sauce - has wheat
Malt - usually made from barley, found in beer and breakfast cereal
MSG - when made outside the U.S., it can have gluten
Yeast - sometimes grown on wheat
Spices with fillers
Mixed nuts - sometimes dusted with flour
Sauces, soups and gravies - often thickened with wheat

Anyway, dairy includes anything made from the milk of a mammal - cream, cheese, yogurt, whey, butter. Dairy contains two chemicals that commonly cause intolerance: lactose (the sugar) and casein (the protein). Butter and some hard cheeses are lactose-free, but not casein free. You can get ghee (clarified butter) which is labeled casein-free. Some people with dairy intolerance can handle it, others can't.

My rule of avoiding allergy triggers: Read every label, and look out for things like "Processed on shared equipment with..." If in doubt, call the company - there's usually a phone number or a website on the label. But be lazy - buy things with short labels or no labels!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 06:24
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I'm chanign your name--to Imonmyway,
Ditto to all responders. Please notice my signature line and how long it took me. Now, bear in mind that I am a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump which makes it very slow for me....plus I've got the 'pause going on as well.

I can't tell you what is right for you, but I will tell you what helped me hang on......concentrate on a lifestyle change. It isn't just about getting the weight off fast, it is about revealing a new you in a new life. It is about how you feel about yourself. Notice the little things like how much better your joints feel. How your hunger is shrinking and your life is expanding. Possibilities are drawing near.

Again, have faith and it will happen.
Sara<><
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 17:59

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Why do you want to lose 12 pounds? At 156, using the standard (and poorly designed) BMI charts, you are 2 pounds above 'normal' weight. With so little to lose, it will be very slow going.

Judging by the menu you posted, it doesn't seem like you are eating enough - as someone else pointed out. Of course, you didn't indicate how large the hamburgers are.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 10:52

BF:
Progress:

I am going to try eating 2 1/2 pounds burgers with at least 2 -3 3 tablespoons of mayo on two pieces of lettuce for each buger as the bun. No cheese no tomatoe may a couple of pickle slices thats it. For Dinner and i am also muching on reg pork rinds through out the day no special flavores as the regular ones are much lower in sodium. I am going to continue with my morning cup of coffee no cream no sugar. And i guess I will see what happens. Unlike on of the posts i will continue with my water. I believe it helps. Soooooo what do you all think? I am taking a muti vitamin a vitamin D and a vitamin C.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 11:09

Do you feel satisfied? Do you like your food?
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 11:14

BF:
Progress:

Yes I ,m okay with it. I think i might also add tuna with extra mayo a little pickle a little onion and yes i know they are higher in carbs but i am only going to use about a half a tablespoon for flavor and a little pickle. Will eat it on pork rinds for something to break up the cycle of eating the same thing? Does any of this sound like it will work? Are jump start me?
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 11:15

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I'm anti pork rinds. WAY too many calories and salt to ever let me lose.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 11:20

Sounds good to me. As Gypsybird said, it may take a long time to lose the weight - but if you're enjoying your way of eating, it won't be hard to stick with it until you do... and after you do.

My wife and I never lose much weight in winter, but when spring comes, we drop like crazy (well, I usually drop back to the same weight every year, but that's pretty much my goal). I don't know if it's Vitamin D or something more complicated, but I think it's just natural to have a harder time losing in winter. If you're interested in optimizing your supplements, you might check out the "Vitamin D Experiment" thread.