Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 13:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just want to chime in with another recommendation for the supplements. You sound like me before I declared war on SAD a few winters ago. I do much better now and have fewer days like that. I take fish oil, B vitamins, magnesium, and about 5000 IU per day of vit D. I bought a liquid brand called D drops. Nice n' easy.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 15:59

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Algts: GMTA

Daisywench,

It is awful that people tell you to ditch your diet. That is so unhelpful. I hope you are telling them in a nice way of course, that you are feeling better and that you are still on your diet.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 16:19

Plan: atkins modified
Stats: 225/162/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrgQuest
Daisywench,

It is awful that people tell you to ditch your diet. That is so unhelpful. I hope you are telling them in a nice way of course, that you are feeling better and that you are still on your diet.

I just..just now..tried emailing my girlfriend and was telling her about my success this week and how I need to go shopping...she completely glossed over it and told me about her day. I don't feel like I have any friends that I can talk to about this. My boyfriend listens, but as a man who's never dieted before in his life, he doesn't understand it. My other 2 friends are very heavy, and I feel uncomfortable talking to them about it, as I don't want them to feel badly about themselves. But aren't friends supposed to support you in what makes you happy? My thin friend completely disses atkins whenever she sees me eat anything, and won't talk to me about my diet. I think she feels a bit threatened because I'm getting thin, and she wants to be the thin one in our group. Sigh. I'll never be like her, she's a size 4-6, I'm just not cut out to be that size. I just want to be a comfortable 10, maybe an 8 if I'm lucky. My frame is just large, I'm Scandinavian, I can't help it.
It's tough.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 11:00

Plan: LC and almost vegan/IF
Stats: 190/179.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Daisywench... I know exactly how you feel. I have noone to talk to about it either. Mu husband is finally on my side and rooting for me (I have spent way too much money on dieting so it's a wonder he ever got there) but I have no friends supporting me either. Truthfully because I have no close friends where I live right now... anyway thats why I love this site we can all help each other get through this!!!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 11:39

BF:

I know..this site is my lifeline, too. I went nutso yesterday (or was it Wednesday) when I couldn't get on all day because the server was down for maintenance.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 11:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisywench
I know..this site is my lifeline, too. I went nutso yesterday (or was it Wednesday) when I couldn't get on all day because the server was down for maintenance.

Me too! I try to limit how much I go on and on about my diet to my family and friends- although it is much easier for me as my mom and her BF both started Atkins two weeks ago due to my success. I know I bore people with it though, so I really need this outlet to go on and on abut it in.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 11:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleZu
Me too! I try to limit how much I go on and on about my diet to my family and friends- although it is much easier for me as my mom and her BF both started Atkins two weeks ago due to my success. I know I bore people with it though, so I really need this outlet to go on and on abut it in.

Sometimes I feel like I post too much, or start too many threads. It's just that I have questions, or comments, and you folks are the only ones that understand. I feel like people look at my username and say "her again?"
lol.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 12:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Nah, except maybe in a good way! I don't start a lot of threads but I sure post in a lot. And that's what the forum is for, right?
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 13:50

BF:

Daisy if it wasn't for people like you, people like me would just be staring at the computer monitor. I post on other people's threads a lot more than I post my own threads. I also post a lot because, I work at home and right now business is really, really, really slow. So, it's nice to have other people online that post a lot.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 14:18

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
I think she feels a bit threatened because I'm getting thin, and she wants to be the thin one in our group

Bingo!
You are changing the friend dynamic.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-09, 09:07

Plan: LC and almost vegan/IF
Stats: 190/179.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisywench
Sometimes I feel like I post too much, or start too many threads. It's just that I have questions, or comments, and you folks are the only ones that understand. I feel like people look at my username and say "her again?"
lol.

I could have said that... I thought maybe I was becoming annoying. New questions everyday though and I don't have time to search for the answers. I take care of a 6month old during the day and my own house/family stuff starts again at 4 when my DD comes home from school. looking forward to track season starting I will have an hour or so of blissful alone time!!! lol

I too have tried to stop talking about my NWOL because I feel like people are "over" my constent new diets... It was a yearly thing for the past 5 years or so...lol I'd always lose about 25lbs and never get any farther and for some reason I'd go back to my old ways... not this time though I see the light.

Have a great day y'all I am off to test myself at the movies... hope nobody gets annoyed that I am crunching on celery... but if they do I hate it for em...
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-09, 13:26

BF:

Kimbar, it's a good thing the whole world isn't like me. I would tell them where I could put that celery stick if my munching on it annoys them.