Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 08:04

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

LynnDee. I'm so mad at myself I could take my shoe off and kick my butt with it. Yesterday I had to go to the mall to pick up something. On the way back I stopped at the Texas Roadhouse to pick up dinner. Although my intentions were good, when I got in there I order the fried fish with a loaded sweet potato and the mixed veggies. Once I got home and started eating it, I discovered it just wasn't what I wanted at all and only ate one of the fillets, about 4 bites of the potato (mostly without the goo on it), and the broccoli.

So now my question is - do you think I've deviated enough to have to start over or do you think it might be alright. The really dumb thing is that this is getting easier by the day and for me to have ordered something I knew I shouldn't be eating, at least not yet, was just dumb.

If you think I should start over, it's okay cause like I said this has been fairly easy.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 08:27

Plan: Maintaining
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 7"
BF:I'm/at/GOAL!
Progress: 105%

Don't start over, I wouldn't. I would keep going as if nothing happened unless I mentally freaked and thought the only way to stick to plan was to start over. The primer phase is set up with spending the whole week getting use to eating that way. The whole week of low-carb is you are getting your body use to eating that way, no where does it say you have to be perfect, yes you need to stick to plan but sometimes things happen, if you can continue like nothing happened go for it.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 09:31

BF:

Music to my ears. Thank you so much. It's funny the way I'm feeling about "messing up". I actually threw away all the rest of the food. I was not even tempted to eat any more of it and today I'm back on plan both physically and mentally and I'm feeling more than ever that I can do this. Feeling a little powerful !!!! (as the theme song from Rocky plays in the background).

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-09, 22:29

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I have a question about this, if you girls don't mind. I'm reading the Amazon reviews and some of them complain about having to buy Metabolic Drive shakes and bars. I'm assuming these are the protein shakes? So do you "have" to drink/eat these and is it daily?

Thanks a bunch for any help!
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 12:00

No you don't have to buy them, if you want protein shakes they recommend the Metabolic Drive, but I used a different low carb soy based protein powder that I liked better and still kept the carbs low. I don't have shakes every day or multiple times during the day so don't think it really mattered that much. I don't use the snack bars or protein bars at all unless we are camping and I might pick up one or two then but generally my kid ends up eating them.

The shakes/smoothies/bars are options, most of the recipes and the list of foods that you eat are normal foods, whole grains & fresh fruits.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 13:44

BF:

Thanks a million, LynnDee!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/330/220 Male 71
BF:
Progress: -16%
Cool

Where is the e-book site? LynnDee do you eat bread everyday and how many calories a day do you eat?
Thanks
Tony
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 20:10

BF:

I wonder how well this would work on people over 40.

I'm 41 and I honestly can't believe how drastically different losing weight is now than it was four years ago before I got pregnant with my third son.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank5863
Where is the e-book site? LynnDee do you eat bread everyday and how many calories a day do you eat?
Thanks
Tony

I am really not sure how many calories I eat a day because it was something I never really was interested in keep track of. I don't mean that to sound snippy or anything it's just that I was so sick on Atkins and my blood sugar was all over the place at the point that I switched plans I was too the point I didn't care so much about losing anymore I just wanted to feel better or at least somewhat healthy again.

I am in maintenance so yes I eat bread everyday - the difference between being on plan and maintenance is that I no longer have low carb days.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendora
I wonder how well this would work on people over 40.

I'm 41 and I honestly can't believe how drastically different losing weight is now than it was four years ago before I got pregnant with my third son.

Oh don't tell anyone but I just turned 44 last month.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 08:25

BF:

Today is my first day of the second phase of the "Priming" stage and I feel so prepared. Here's what I'm eating today:

BF: 1/2 grapefruit, oatmeal, Canadian bacon
Sn: Protein Powder
L: Chicken salad (homemade w/pineapple), 1 slice of whole wheat bread
Sn: Protein Powder w/frozen berries
Dinner: Chicken Breast or Fish Fillet, green beans sauteed in EVO, and apples and onions again sauteed in EVO (one of the recipes in the book-sounds good, hope it is).

I rely a lot on protein powders because I have a hard time getting in enough protein - I really don't eat a lot. I did want to try the Metabolic Drive Complete and the bars but when I called around to a couple of places to try to see if they carried this line I had no success. Maybe I'll go on line to see if I can buy it.

Glendora: If this doesn't work for people over 40, I'm in big Trouble, since I'm in the over 40 group. Actually I got on the scale this a.m. and have dropped two lbs. and this is after only the first week, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I was already very motivated from reading the book and from LynDee's success doing this and now I'm even more motivated.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 08:56

BF:

I am eating the oatmeal as I'm typing this and it is SO good. It's been a long time since I've had oatmeal - can you tell?
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Okay, I've been reading this thread and I'm interested. Is there a book I have to buy? I really hate the thought of buying yet another diet book. Or is there someplace on the internet with all the necessary information?
I was Atkins for nearly 5 years, recently changed over to SB - but with SB I can't move off Ph. I and lose, so I still don't get to "indulge" ever. The thought of doing that once a week makes most anything sound tolerable for the rest of the week.
Thanks for any help.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 10:00

BF:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrus
Okay, I've been reading this thread and I'm interested. Is there a book I have to buy? I really hate the thought of buying yet another diet book. Or is there someplace on the internet with all the necessary information?
I was Atkins for nearly 5 years, recently changed over to SB - but with SB I can't move off Ph. I and lose, so I still don't get to "indulge" ever. The thought of doing that once a week makes most anything sound tolerable for the rest of the week.
Thanks for any help.

The book is called "Cheat To Lose by Joel Marion.
My local Barnes and Noble didn't have the book in stock and I had to order it. As I said earlier in this thread, I was drawn to thies WOE because I had tried carb cycling before and it worked, but I didn't have any real solid information to go on. This book supplied me with the information I needed to put a real plan into practice. PLUS it makes so much sense. It goes into details without being too technical.

I know what you mean about buying yet another book, but I only paid $13.95 for mine and it was well worth it. As you read it, you just get the "feeling" that you can do this. It tells you when to add the carbs, why you're adding them, and how to add them. It's the same with the fat you're to eat

It's funny but as appealing as the cheat days are, that wasn't the most important aspect of this WOE for me. It was not having to give up any veggies (except the starchier ones at first) in the very beginning. I am looking forward to the cheat days - and it is very comforting to know that they are there and are actually an absolute "must" for this to work. But also there are so many options on this plan that you should never feel deprived.

To listen to me you'd think I've been doing this for months and it's actually been only a week, but I honestly don't feel like I can go wrong on this plan. So I say go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-09, 14:42

BF:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank5863
Where is the e-book site?
Thanks
Tony

This is where I bought my e-book: e-books.com The World's Leading Source of e-books.