Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 08:14

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Shoveled for almost 2 hours yesterday

No callanetics yesterday but then I shoveled.......By the time I got to the bottom of the driveway I had to go start at the top again. First time took over 45 minutes, the second and third time took just 25 then the last time only took 10. I admit that I used salt after each time otherwise I would have fallen more than twice, I live on the hill side, of course the people with the snow blowers live on the flat side. It's better than it use to be though. At least I got the driveway paved, it was much harder when it was gravel.
I am glad I got a couple of hours of callanetics in last week other wise I would have been in big trouble. I am stiff this morning, ok, really stiff this morning but my back doesn't hurt and that is a good thing.
I will start back tomorrow, I may have to revise my goal, but I am on my way.

Bev, thank you for the wonderful offer, I'll have to send you something back in return. It will be a surprise. Now let me think, what does a girl need?????
Sorry to hear that you are unwell, drink water, and take good care of yourself.
Helen, lizards...my son has never talked about lizards...does your husband talk back to you in your sleep or does he just listen
LittleZu, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......I am!
Newjenneeded, so what is the name for your picks, I think mine should be "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" or maybe "How the Heck did that happen"
Scotiagirl
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 12:54

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 292.5/192.5/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:ho/ho/ho
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
Newjenneeded, so what is the name for your picks, I think mine should be "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" or maybe "How the Heck did that happen"
Scotiagirl

How 'bout "Here's to hopin' my body looks like Callan's"...
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

Scotiagirl, he just listens and then teases me in the morning :P

Just done hour 27 without the tape, it's strange doing it without Callan, however, im sure i work harder as i am making sure that when you should do 100, i do 100 and not fall behind the counter. But on the flip side, it is hard to keep up the momentum between the exercises.
I think i will try to continue to do the DVD and occasionally do it without.

Husband will be home on Friday so i will get him to take photo's at hour 31, i'm really hoping there will be some externally viable changes this time.
I have also brought some 2kg hand weights as i caught sight of my bingo wings when i was doing my streches, OMG

I have a work conference next week and im hoping the dress code is black tie, as i have a really nice dress i got in the summer sales last year, which now fits! But will not look good with bingo wings

Keep up the good work girlies

Helen x
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 16:57

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%

Scotia, your story is exactly why I live in Georgia, lol! It's snowed once since I moved here in 2003, but it melted the second it hit the ground. That's the only kind of snow I like.

I'm planning 4-5 sessions a week to make my goal, since I've been such a bum so far this month. With DD#1 in school 5 days a week, I think I can do it. Wish me success!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

Going for hour 29 tonight, i hope the photos will show the hard work
How are you all getting on?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Good luck on your photos!

I did 15 mins this morning, so finally have a full hour completed. Going to have to up my pace if I want 3 hours this month.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 19:40

I am sooo beat! I did a 3 hour Callanetice marathon today, lol. I didn't exercise the entire 3 hours. My husband called just after I finished my warm-up (around 1:00 pm) to ask me to pick him up; his motorcycle had broken down.

So, I loaded up the kids and off I went. He was on his way to the doctor's for a blood draw, so the kids and I got to wait for about half an hour for that. Then, we got home, put the baby down for her nap, and I started again. About 10 minutes later, my 4 yo started bugging me. Right in the middle of the ab portion, you know, that part where you really have to concentrate and keep count (I don't use the video much anymore)? Yeah, that part.

I sent her from the room and shut the door, but it's not so simple with Audrey. With a locked door, I felt the need to check on her after each exercise. And each time I checked, she had work for me. Eventually, I finished up with my Inner Thigh Squeeze, using a kitchen chair in the middle of the living room as "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" played.

So, by 4:00, I had completed an hour of 10 in 10. Audrey even let me take a shower, although I left the door open, in case she needed me.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-09, 09:29

BF:

I've been struggling in the LC department, splenda is not a good thing for me, can you say cravings.
Have another 2 hours of 10/10 done though. My back feels much better, my hips still ache, well it's not really my hips it feels like inside my hips, that back stretch makes it feel much better. I even do it will lying in bed at night.

Have a Callanetic Day
Scotiagirl
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 10:57

Ugh... I am finally starting to catch up for this month. I just did hour 9 of 16. I figure I can do four days next week and the week after, and I'll be GTG. I can't wait to rest over the weekend, though!
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 20:38

Ok, so here are my November 18th and January 17th pictures. I've lost 10 pounds during this period, on top of the Callanetics.

Frontal Before and After:
and

Side Before and After:
and

Rear Before and After:
and
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 08:58

BF:

Bev congradulations.
I can really see the difference, you must be soo pleased. Your bum really is higher, and your stomach has dissappeared. You must be one happy camper.
Take good care,
Scotiagirl
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-09, 11:27

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Wow- you look fantastic, Bev!

I did another 15 mins this morning- I have been swamped with unexpected things this week (like my friend being in the hospital) so I'm not being lazy, just too frantic to worry about exercise. I'll try to make up for it by doing it daily next week.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-09, 07:58

BF:

Little Zu, sorry to hear that your friend is ill and I certainly understand how "frantic" life can get, that is a great part of why I look and feel the way I do, too busy dealing with life to take care of myself. Everyone else in my life is "taken care of though".

I am starting my exercises tomorrow, the downstairs has already been taken over and my son has his friends coming over this afternoon, so no I will not be exercising in front of 13 year old boys. WOW that is a scary thought from their perspective.

I have only four hours in so far this month, but I am starting to get the hang of LC, so it is time to start getting the hang of exercising.

I would love to see us all get motivated again, we are important, our health is important, and we deserve to look and feel great.

Scotiagirl
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-09, 11:57

I just did my 14th hour for this month, only 2 more to go before I've hit my goal for the month. I've learned a very valuable lesson these past two weeks though, Callanetics 5 days in a row is a very bad idea for me. My problem has been letting one day off turn into three. So I had to do marathons to get caught up.

I've had many crazy things going on around here. This month, so far, we've had a tree fall through the roof (no injuries, thankfully), my husband's motorcycle was stolen and totalled, and our deep freeze died, ruining loads of meat. So, I haven't thought to ask, Scotia. Did getting the DVD make working out better for you?
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 09:45

Stats: 165/162.5/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:way to much!!
Progress: 5%

I have been slacking BIG time in the workout dept. but I do have one......ok a couple of questions about the 10in10 workout.

When you are doing the exercise where you have to rotate your hip (to me it looks like the lady is sitting on her other hip with the other facing the celing), how in the world do you guys get into that position?

mine just doesn't seem to want to rotate like that. and..... Do you count one full session (doing the whole dvd) as one hour??

BEV- WoW...You look AMAZING!!!!!! How many hours have you done all togeather??? You are such an inspiration, your results sure make me want to kick it up a notch .....or maybe ten.