Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 06:39
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptrcmcc6
I have too much kryptonite to list..... .

This is me too. Starchy stuff of any kind is my weakness.

Particularly pretzels (used to be a daily snack for me), Italian bread with butter, basically any homemade bread, and cinnamon rolls - my all-time favorite. Yum.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

I forgot to add thumbprint cookies with chocolate ganache filling.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 09:26

Plan: Just clean eatin'
Stats: 215/185/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 43%

Fresh-baked bread w/butter; pb ice cream w/pb cups; Blizzards (haven't had one in AGES); steak fries.
And cheesecake. Glorious cheesecake. (I need to try to make a LC version and see if I can handle it, or if I'll eat the entire thing in one sitting. Sad, I know.)
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-09, 19:01

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

Not having a plan.

If I forget to make meals or forget to take them (breakfast and lunch) with me, I fall prey to the breakroom vending machine or whatever anyone offers me and of course there's the fast food at lunch time, too.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 12:13

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Donuts!

As a Southerner I much prefer Krispy Kreme, but love Dunkin's just the same!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 14:47

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I'm so suprised (but happy for the company!) that so many others said potato chips. DEFINITELY my Kryptonite. Even when I wasn't LC'ing I would not bring them into my house, because a tube of Pringles or a bag of chips wouldn't make it past the first day in my home.

Even LCing, I will admit that about once every couple of weeks I buy one of those 25 cent mini bags of chips and just enjoy. I fugure one every 2 weeks won't kill or derail me.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 14:50

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

What I thought was my kryptonite turned out to not be. I thought I loved starchy foods. I do like them a lot, but it turns out that it is the toppings I love more. The allure of the starchy foods is they are so easy. Pretzels come in a nice bag and you can just eat all you want cause they are lowfat(my previous diets were all low fat). Well, going low carb it's harder to find convienent snacks especially crunchy ones.

So far this is how I have defeated the kryptonite.

Potatoes- loaded eggs: I whip up a couple or 3 eggs and use potato fixings on them bacon, chives, sour cream, cheese, and I spice them up with pepper, onion poweder, garlic powder and salt. That what I had for breakfast minus the bacon cause I am out.

Pizza- I have tried a couple of things here. I tried the egg and flaxseed crust, I hated, I ate the first one I made with it, the next day tried it again and ended up just eating the toppings. I have made meatzzas they are really yummy I mix ground chuck(it's 3/4 ground chuck) with about 1/4 sausage and pepperoni and just a little bit of sauce( a little goes a long way and if you are totally against sugar even in condiments you can skip it) cook it all the way top with cheese and it is delish even by itself. I have also sliced egg plant about 1/2 inch thick and baked for 20 minutes put my toppings on bake until cheese is melted, a little soggy, but very good.

Mexican food - I love mexican food the tortilla was I thought man's greatest invention. But again it is what goes in it that I really love.

I realize refried beans are pretty high in carbs, but they don't raise blood sugar so I think they are pretty safe carbs. What really kills them for being safe is that they are typically served with rice(usually white) or tortillas(even low carb ones are high if you add the bean carbs with them) anyway, I am not forbidding myself bean dip.

I reduced the amount of carbs I would normally have with my bean dip by adding a can of diced tomatoes. So it was a can of refried beans, one can of tomatoes(didn't used to put diced tomatoes) a generous amount of cheese and sour cream on top. I ate this with pork rinds. I am going to try this in the future adding shredded chicken or adding ground chuck. My guess is I can cut the carbs in half doing that.

Potato chips(one of my least favorite) - pork rinds, did you know they only have 80 calories for a one ounce serving, wow. That's even better than the no-fat chips at 100 something calories and I would eat a whole canister of those. I can't eat more than 4 oz of pork rinds even if I am starving.

Doritos- see potato chips
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 17:59
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

My moms homemade brownies. She even makes good low carb ones too, but her original brownies are amazing.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 06:18

Stats: 328/263/140 Female 162
BF:
Progress: 35%

chinese, vietnamese, japanese..yup there is a theme....rice, and sauces and deepfried meat...my other kryptonite is pizza..that has always been my undoing!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 07:24
Got MEAT!?!?!?!

Plan: whatever works =)
Stats: 316.8/191.1/180 Female 5.7
BF:too much
Progress: 92%

Ohhhh I have lots!!
Moms preacher cookies....yummmmm cant walk by em even now if she makes some...have to have one
anything with gravy!!
anything chocolate!!!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 15:07

BF:

Uh oh, I found my low carb kryptonite. My power was out, yeah going to be mentioning that a lot, it was traumatic. Anyway, I got some pork rinds and spinach dip and I could eat a whole big jar of spinach dip with those pork rinds.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 17:19

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Bread on top of the other junk i would stuff in my gob.

I sometimes put my main meals in bread LOL
Slices of pizza between bread.
Chicken Pie between bread.
Potato chips between bread.
Even had a few egg rolls laid out between bread LOL.

Also being from Australia but have not had it in a good while since it is not availabe here in the States is
serves of chips and battered flake fish *slurps* which are of course in between.. yep you guessed it... BREAD!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 17:40

Plan: Atkins maint
Stats: 200/125/125 Female 5'3
BF:not fat anymore!
Progress: 100%

real devils food cake with inch thick frosting even seeing myself type it makes me want it
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 12:02

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

hmmmm poutine (french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds), lasagne, hot dogs from the cart on the street with real ketchup and a steamed bun, potato skins..and I love that pumpernickel bread with the spinach dip!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 13:52

BF:
Default arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

I found more kryptonite. Nuts especially cashews. Almonds aren't very safe either and if I ever find the lime flavored ones, it's over I will have them......Cream sodas, diet pop and cream so yummy. Pepperoni, didn't have a pepperoni problem before, but I could eat a 3 oz bag of Hormel pepperoni. Chocolate protein shakes, I kind of make my own, it's protein powder, AS, and cream, tastes a lot like a shake only not icy cold. Bacon, it's meat candy! Meatza, oh so good, flatten a plate full of ground chuck, cook til done, top with pepperonis and cheese and LC tomato sauce. I am not complaining, I haven't put back the weight I took off, I may still be losing won't know til Friday if I lost anything or not. But, what I am finding out is food in general is my kryptonite, I love all of it.