Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 20:01

Plan: Momentum WW
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 317%
Default A lil Angry today at the Ruby Show on t.v.......

Peaches Comments .......

11/16/08 Sunday time now: 6:37pm

RUBY came on tonight at 7pm on the Style Network.

Why was I a lil angry tonight?

1. The RUBY show was only 30 minutes long and I anticipated it being ONE hour like the last episode last week.

Comment: How can you run commericals all week on this show, and get the audience interested in watching the show to see what happens NEXT and then only feed the audience a lousey 30 minutes? ugh!

Comment: Then the Style network brags saying how this RUBY show is their highest rated show EVER, but yet they give us just enough carrot to keep us interested.

2. The show opens up stating that its THREE months later and she has lost about 50 or 60 pounds

Comment: When I heard 3 months had past .... I was like WHAT? I got a lil angry because I had planned to walk that journey WITH Ruby and how can I do that if they are going to JUMP 3 months ahead? ugh! Yes I was upset.

3. Then they bring in Ruby's x-boyfriend on the show .....

Comment: come on now! That man did not just appear out of the blue.... you know the Style show contacted him to bring him ON the show to boost the show's ratings even higher.

Comment: Maybe the Style Network wanted to see or hear her reaction to the x-boyfriend (whom I won't give give him a name because he just made me sick!) Anyways. I just think it was cruel and unusual punishment to give her a little joy by going down memory lane to see him once again, to hold his arm once again, that close feeling and get on the motorcyle to re-live the memories of what once was.

4. The X-Boyfriend's intentions...

Comment: I believe this man agreed to come ON the show to get the publicity of being ON the RUBY show. Notice how he didnt take any responsibility for her weight gain probably caused by his leaving her and finding out he had another woman in his life, etc. I think he was cheating on her all along but I can't prove it.

Comment: Did you also notice how she said he was embarrased to be seen with her in PUBLIC in the past... ugh! He was embarrased NOW as well and that scene he made confronting those guys at the resturant who openly made FUN of her... I believe that AGAIN was just for the camera's to play the Knight in Shinning Armor coming to her defense. (darn Fake!) ugh!

Comment: He brags how he was helping her lose weight and how she didnt weight that much when he left.... how she had gained about 200 lbs since he had been gone. Then his small attempt to teach her how to cook vegetables.... I think that was another publicity stunt for the Camera to like say hey America, See I "am" a nice guy. ( ugh! shakes my head)

Comment: Did you notice how at the beach he slowly took off his t-shirt to show off his upper torso? Again, this was definitely a stunt to get publicity for himself NOT for RUBY.

Comment: Did you notice how he read the lyrics to a song HE wrote when they were dating together years ago? Why? Again, I believe it was to get publicity so that maybe someone would publish or produce his song that heard it on the RUBY show. I could see right thru this man. ugh!

Comment: Did you notice how he never ONCE said that he came back because he wanted her or loved RUBY? No. What he said was he came back to HELP her. (whatever).

Comment: Did you also notice how he TRIED to lead her on Again??? By saying things like or something to the effect of: Well let's lose the weight and we will SEE what happens? oh lawrddddddddddddddddd!

Comment: This man just KNEW he had it IN the bag so to speak but thank GOD, Ruby even though you could SEE she basked in the glow of his presence once again ever so briefly in her life..... Thank GOD she was able to turn him AWAY and say it's Ruby's World NOW and there was No room for him in it.

RUBY's STRENGTH

Comment: I soooooooooooooo admire her strength. Because you KNOW it had to take strength to politely let him go OUT of her life. She even mentioned how she enjoyed how he defended her in the beach resturant area when that guy and his group of friends was making FUN of Ruby so balantly.

Comment: Another thing I noticed was that they ways RUBY LOOKED into his eyes.... ya know that kinda look like IF you say the RIGHT thing, I will take you back kind of look. (we know that feeling and that kind of look or wish, want or need... thats internal and not voiced... well some of us do). But when for the split second that he hesitated.... she KNEW what she HAD to do because she gave him every opportunity for him to say he would love her JUST for her the way she is Right Now, not love her for the body she would become later when she lost the weight. I was so glad when she kicked him to the curb.... lawrd. and as sweet as RUBY is or possibly as Naive as Ruby is..... she did it nicely and kinda left him with some dignity.

If it were me.... child please..... I think it would been a different story.... but then again, I can't really say what I would have done in that situation UNLESS I was right there IN that situation.

*** Let me say, I was angry at the show bring the x-boyfriend for several reasons, but at least it had a GOOD ending... she kicked him to the curb and she said it's now TIME to concentrate on RUBY.

I agree with her roommates.... RUBY deserves someone better!

Thank you all for listening to my rants... I was upset and had to let it out.

I feel better now, smiles.

have a good evening all

Last edited by Peaches124 : Sun, Nov-16-08 at 20:59.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 20:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

i think ruby still likes him... i know she says she over him but you could tell when she talked to him on the phone there was stilll that love which i know would be there after a 8 of 10 yr relationship....i understand what she means though when she says she wants him to love her for her... i mean what if she lost all the weight.. he married her and then they starting having problems or whatever and she gained back weight... would he have divorced her???

but then i understand him... he wants his lady's to be fit and take care of their body just as he takes care of his which is totally understandable.. but why date her for 8 yrs while she fat and then say ok you need to lose weight?? i didnt get that..

as far as ruby is concerned.. she is doing really well...50 pounds in three months is awesome.. but i dont want this to sound negative or anything... but its so funny they always want people to lose weight on those processed small meals... i lost 40 pounds in a month and a half eating all kinds of real food and i have way less fat to lose than ruby... the show really made me open my eyes and see LC is the best route to eat.. it really works... im never tired when i eat that way.. i feel healthy and the fast results are a bonus!!! and you dont even have to exercise ( i know you should though) and still get great results!!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 21:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
i think ruby still likes him... i know she says she over him but you could tell when she talked to him on the phone there was stilll that love which i know would be there after a 8 of 10 yr relationship....i understand what she means though when she says she wants him to love her for her... i mean what if she lost all the weight.. he married her and then they starting having problems or whatever and she gained back weight... would he have divorced her???

but then i understand him... he wants his lady's to be fit and take care of their body just as he takes care of his which is totally understandable.. but why date her for 8 yrs while she fat and then say ok you need to lose weight?? i didnt get that..

as far as ruby is concerned.. she is doing really well...50 pounds in three months is awesome.. but i dont want this to sound negative or anything... but its so funny they always want people to lose weight on those processed small meals... i lost 40 pounds in a month and a half eating all kinds of real food and i have way less fat to lose than ruby... the show really made me open my eyes and see LC is the best route to eat.. it really works... im never tired when i eat that way.. i feel healthy and the fast results are a bonus!!! and you dont even have to exercise ( i know you should though) and still get great results!!

Hi Ashley,

okay you done let the cat out of the bag... HOW did you lose 40 lbs in SIX weeks?

smiles.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 22:13

BF:

looking back at the journal it was actually 35 pounds in 2 months... i lost 15 pounds first week on atkins and then another five the next week... think i lost 25 total the first month and then another 10 the next month then struggles through stalls and cheats the final month but finally lost the other five....

managed to regain so much of the weight though... when i hit a stall i just give up and i know thats not right...
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 22:15

BF:

oh and when i first started i was walking on treadmill for 30 minutes a day... but then i kinda stopped doing that lol
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-08, 22:31

BF:

oh coolllllllllllllllllllll.... that is WONDERFUL that Atkins

and exercise combined "worked" ,

yahooooo Ashley !!!!

#52   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 17:57

BF:

11/19/08

This journey is NOT as easy as I thought it would be unfortunately. It is getting tough and lawrd knows what the holiday of Thanksgiving will bring next week.

But its okay... amist the turmoil of a heavy and seemingly never ending work load and clients.... I will get refocused starting tomorrow morning.

Right now I am beyond exhausted but NEVER giving up.

It just was a rough day at work is all.

Tomorrow is a new day

#53   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 20:45

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Peaches, you are doing fantastic! I am curious if the Ruby show ever gets around to addressing the physical effects of losing so much weight so quickly (negative and positive). I don't have cable, so you'll let me know, won't you?

Janine
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-08, 08:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Peaches, you are doing fantastic! I am curious if the Ruby show ever gets around to addressing the physical effects of losing so much weight so quickly (negative and positive). I don't have cable, so you'll let me know, won't you?

Janine

Janine,

I assure you I will..... I am pretty detailed in my post about the show each week and if they mention it... I will be sure to post it, smiles.

Janine, may I ask how the journey was for you? If it is too personal, then I will understand.... honestly.

I ask because I would love to know how real it is for people.... television stuff is a whole different story because they only share to people what they want shared for ratings, etc.

have a good day

Last edited by Peaches124 : Thu, Nov-20-08 at 08:09.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-08, 08:07

BF:
Default I wonder what its REALLY, REALLY like ?????

Sometimes in my quiet moments, I wonder what it is like to REALLY lose weight. I wish someone would write a book about it but on the real side.

I know that may sound odd but for me, its true.

It is not that I am being nosey... I just kinda wanna like prepare myself as much as anyone can. I think for me to be able to lose a large amount of weight is .... well... its almost like a far off dream that seems impossible but I never give up kinda thing.

so that is why I wonder what it is really like to lose a significant amount of weight and how long it really, really takes.

well today, Thursday, I am back on track and having to find balance between the stresses at work and home life..... I will be re-focused today.

I will start my day off by walking a mile before I get into the office today to start my metabolism up for the day.

have a good day all and let's plan together to succeed

#56   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-08, 09:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches124
Sometimes in my quiet moments, I wonder what it is like to REALLY lose weight. I wish someone would write a book about it but on the real side.

so that is why I wonder what it is really like to lose a significant amount of weight and how long it really, really takes.

well missy...your just gonna have to continue on this journey to see whats its like and maybe you can write your own book to inspire others...
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-08, 09:40
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Peaches,
The daily-ness of this sets in for most of us, I think. It's just one more obstacle to push through. That's when the "it's not a diet, it's a way of life" mantra helps. It's like flossing--you don't work at flossing until you finally get to the point where you don't have to do that anymore, do you?

For those of us who have gained large amounts of weight through overeating of carbs, then lost it through healthier eating, there aren't a lot of alternatives. The choices are keep doing this (modified for maintenance) or regain the weight. Or die.

I look at success stories for inspiration and ideas. A couple of sources for that are in this forum, `the Weigh We Were', and the Atkins site. There are also some good informational sites out there, opinionated columnists, etc. For discussions about the maintenance issue, you might like this lady:

http://www.carbsmart.com/straigtalnon.html

Here's some more (scroll to bottom): http://www.carbsmart.com/carmag.html

PJ's blogs are well worth the read.

Here's another, a link to the queen of the oopsie roll, and one of the most creative cooks you'll ever run across. http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/

Here's how you get through Thanksgiving. Make a plan. If you're cooking, make your meals LC friendly. If you're going out, make sure that there will either be LC food or that the host/hostess understands that you will be bringing your own dishes to eat. Here's a few more ideas about getting through the holidays:
http://www.carbsmart.com/carmag.html

Tenacity, okay? Sounds like you have a sometimes-stressful desk job, so you are wise to try to get the walking in.
Hang in there.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 18:31

BF:
Default Thank you Kathleen......

Dearest Kathleen,

thank you sooooooooooooo much for your touching, compassionate and realistic words of encouragement and reality and

thank you deeply for those resources.... because it was honestly getting tough in the Real... like that feeling of... I am sooooooo tired of dieting, etc.

you helped me out a lot today

and there are NO words enough to thank you for helping me reel myself back in.

Sincerely thank you Kathleen and I will definitely be reading those sites and resources this weekend.

#59   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-08, 06:04
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

That's great to hear that this was helpful. Let me know what you think of the resources. I work with people, too, some of whom have their ducks in a row and quacking, and others who are in crisis mode, for a variety of reasons--some of their own making. I am learning this year to leave them at the office at the end of the day. I have to. Sounds like the same for you.
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-08, 08:22

BF:

I would agree