Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 16:50

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Bru, thanks for the musclehack link. I've downloaded the free ebook, but haven't read it all yet.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 17:31
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I like his site. His diet I think I will stick with Atkins for now and maybe when I reach or get close to goal try the carb cycling trick(CDK). I think I will add isopure low carb protein drink post work out, it has 4.6 grams of L-glutamine in it. Funny I was looking for info about protein powder and which is the best type to take. I remembered Marks site, and he has tons of great info there. Sure glad you all liked it, Any I'm glad your boy friend liked it too. Galatia can't wait to see your cut photo's, you look great already, was just show my wife your before photo's the other day. By the way I bet you make some good gains, layoff's do that. Your body relaxes and then really grows when you stress it again.
I'm going to switch to a 5 day program starting tomorrow. I have been trying Slow Burn, but don't feel the growth I usually do on other programs. I will probably do 10 weeks like Mark suggests, take a week off and do a few weeks of power lifting, then back to his plan. Keep the rotation fresh. Its fun getting back into lifting again. Hope everyone has a great week...Bru
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 18:50

Plan: Lean protein-veggies
Stats: 150/112.2/115 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 108%

Hi Bru!! isopure low carb is a great choice I love it!!!
Deb, where did you find the free e-book? I would like to have it!!
bye bye
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 19:19
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

The e book is on Marks site.

http://www.musclehack.com/download-...ing-diet-ebook/

Any you have to give him your name and email, then he sends you a link to the book..Bru
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 19:21
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Thanks for the info about isopure. The ratings I've seen say the taste is good, then the added L-glutamine is a plus, so I think I'll order some...Bru
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 21:57

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Thanks for the link Bru. I've heard of this dude before.

I will say one thing for sure. I find it much easier to gain muscle mass on lower card, higher protein and fat intake. I don't give this all the credit, but when paired with a high volume and heavy training regimen, the results are far better than the old traditional low fat, high carb, moderate protein diet.
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 22:24
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

kbfunTH with you being at your goal weight you might want to try his carb cycling routine. I have to much body fat to start that now. I will wait until I'm back closer to goal...Bru
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru88
kbfunTH with you being at your goal weight you might want to try his carb cycling routine. I have to much body fat to start that now. I will wait until I'm back closer to goal...Bru

I've done lots of carb cycling over the last 20 years and it's fine and all, but my mind is just not there anymore. I no longer look at it as something needed for me to look the best in my own opinion. I do enjoy his protein bars though! I would not recommend these with a high/moderate carb intake though. Bad combination!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 11:23
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

I was going to try the bars when my powder arrives. I stay pretty low between 10-25 net carbs a day. Boy I sure like Marks THT workout, on day three now, had huge gylocogen releases day 1 and 2. After day one hopped on the scale, dropped 5 pounds in 24 hours. I know 99% water, it was like day 2 of induction peeing every hour. Then I worked out late yesterday, was up every hour last night, but did weigh this morning, I'll wait until next Monday. I was not getting the above release from the Slow Burn workout. So I'm very glad I made the switch. Soreness isn't to bad, except my big toe which I dropped a 100 plate on! Not to smart. So no elliptical until the toe is healed. Well thanks for the info on the bars, probably give them a try next week. Picked up a couple jars of protein, hemp and whey until the isopure gets here.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 12:37

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Soreness isn't to bad, except my big toe which I dropped a 100 plate on!
OUCHY!! It didn't break your toe? Wowza.

I tried Mike's protein bar recipe yesterday. It was really good. Not wanting to use peanut butter, today I just mixed 2 T. Body Fortress chocolate protein powder (from wal-mart) and about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and maybe 1 Tablespoon of International Delight sugar free French Vanilla creamer. Mixed the same as Mikes (coconut oil and powder till dry then add the creamer). It was really good. I have problems with peanut butter...it's like cocaine for me, so I was wanting to not use it. The coconut oil worked well, IMO.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 13:01
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Ya I'm pretty sure the toe is broken, its pretty black today. See the foot doc, tomorrow early AM. So I'll get another walking cast/boot. Going to skip my workout today. I'll just adjust my days. Rest Wed and Sun. this week. So chest and triceps tomorrow. Thanks for the info, I was thinking Almond butter (not as addictive as peanut butter for some reason and CO) Can't wait for my order to get here. I went to 5 stores yesterday looking for isopure, no carb, no luck! Did pick a small container of whey protein and hemp protein. I was surprised at the amount of Omega 3's in the hemp powder. Added bonus, I justed mixed the two in a shake yesterday, added some orange flavoring. Worked out well.
I can't believe the way my body reacted to the last two days. I guess Slow Burn wasn't for me. The only thing I can think happened is a big glyocogen dump the last two days. I thought it was swelling in my legs, but after last nights workout (back) same thing happened. I was emptying water every hour. First day I dropped 5 pounds in 24 hours, didn't weigh this morning will wait until Monday, my normal day. So I'm glad I made the switch from Slow Burn to THT (Marks plan).
Hows your cutting going? How do you change things up, add more cardio, more reps? Hope things are going great for you. Take care...Bru
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-08, 23:05

45 lb weight on the toes can't be good. i did that with a 10 lb weight and luckily caught it at a glance. sucker still hurt though!
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 06:42
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

No it wasn't a 45 it was one of my 100 pound plates, I'm sure either would do the job. No walking cast or boot though so I'm good to go. Today I will do a split workout to catch up with what I missed. Chest and triceps in the morning and biceps and ab's in the evening. Still figuring out my weights so it shouldn't be to bad. Hope everyones having a great day...Bru
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-08, 10:40

Plan: Mix
Stats: 255/200/180 Male 6 Feet
BF:
Progress:

I been doing low carb + weight lifting for the last few months, and I have definitely seen an increase in strength!

Now, whether strength increase always equals muscle gain, I'm not sure. I've actually lost weight in the last month, despite my increased physical strength.

However, before using myself as an example, you should know this:

My whole life I've been the utter epitome of the dreaded condition known as "Skinny-Fat". When I started lifting, my physical prowess was pathetic...far below a male of my age and weight. Even now, with all the progress I've made, I'm STILL well below the standards of strength for a young male.

So, although I've been making progress, I can't say for certain if this progress sustain itself once I actually start reaching higher echelons of strength.

Going from a bench of 135 to 185 was pretty quick. But will I be able to say the same when I go from 225 to 315?
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-08, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrorev
Going from a bench of 135 to 185 was pretty quick. But will I be able to say the same when I go from 225 to 315?

At your current BW, it should be doable enough. You'll likely have to make it a primary focus and forsake all other unnecessary work though if you want it relatively quickly.